New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Xiaomi Pistons Thread - Page 34

post #496 of 2475

In light of @rickymak posts about official re-sellers list and @bhazard comparison of ibuygou vs taobao, I've arrived at the conclusion that my Pistons are fakes, even though I do happen to like them a lot and the weakish highs aren't a huge deal for the style of music I listen to. 

 

This truly is a testament of how much work and care is put into the fakes industry in China. 

 

I'm tempted to buy the real REAL ones but at this point it would be ~$60 going towards Pistons and for that price I'd rather have IM50.  So.. I guess that's the end of it. 

post #497 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymak View Post



found one photo from baidu. this one should be from early batch of piston 2.0. notice the delivery slip below the package

What is this picture supposed to show? Way too small to understand.

post #498 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersontck View Post
 

What is this picture supposed to show? Way too small to understand.

This is the best I can find. There is no shirt clip if you notice and the tip's order is not in SML either.

Yet, the Xiaomi delivery invoice could be fake as well, it is much easier to fake an invoice than a product.

post #499 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrian View Post
 

In light of @rickymak posts about official re-sellers list and @bhazard comparison of ibuygou vs taobao, I've arrived at the conclusion that my Pistons are fakes, even though I do happen to like them a lot and the weakish highs aren't a huge deal for the style of music I listen to. 

 

This truly is a testament of how much work and care is put into the fakes industry in China. 

 

I'm tempted to buy the real REAL ones but at this point it would be ~$60 going towards Pistons and for that price I'd rather have IM50.  So.. I guess that's the end of it. 

You might have a pair of genuine pistons and yes, the replica in china are so freaking real that you cannot tell whether it is a counterfeit or not. There are even fake xiaomi Mi2S in the market and you really could not tell whether they are real or not without some deeper investigation.

 

P.S. The pistons i got also lack extension in the treble ends as well. however they have quite warm middle and some more impacting bass (much better than soundmagic e10)


Edited by rickymak - 3/3/14 at 6:58am
post #500 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymak View Post
 

This is the best I can find. There is no shirt clip if you notice and the tip's order is not in SML either.

Yet, the Xiaomi delivery invoice could be fake as well, it is much easier to fake an invoice than a product.

Ah, I thought it was directly from the original store. I still think that  the simplest explanation is an updated package, rather than very well built fakes (with only slight visual differences) that seemed to please everyone so much. If they're indeed fakes, those "fakers" have some serious talent.


Edited by andersontck - 3/3/14 at 6:43am
post #501 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersontck View Post
 

Ah, I thought it was directly from the original store. I still think that  the simplest explanation is an updated package, rather than very well built fakes (with only slight visual differences) that seemed to please everyone so much. If they're indeed fakes, those "fakers" have some serious talent.

It's not just the package. They have noticeable differences in sound too. Despite sounding similar, the Xiaomi direct one is louder (more sensitive) at the same volume, and extends further in treble.

post #502 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersontck View Post
 

Ah, I thought it was directly from the original store. I still think that  the simplest explanation is an updated package, rather than very well built fakes (with only slight visual differences) that seemed to please everyone so much. If they're indeed fakes, those "fakers" have some serious talent.

According to the author  of that post, it is bought from an taobao reseller at a premium, with original receipt.

post #503 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

It's not just the package. They have noticeable differences in sound too. Despite sounding similar, the Xiaomi direct one is louder (more sensitive) at the same volume, and extends further in treble.

Oh, that sucks then. Did you do the mod in any of them? And would you say that it's worth it to try and get the originals?

post #504 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersontck View Post
 

Oh, that sucks then. Did you do the mod in any of them? And would you say that it's worth it to try and get the originals?

Penonaudio seems to have the originals, and the Xiaomi store has always had them for $16. After fees from a forwarding service, it should only cost $22 or so. No reason to buy from anyone else unless you want to take the risk.

post #505 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Penonaudio seems to have the originals, and the Xiaomi store has always had them for $16. After fees from a forwarding service, it should only cost $22 or so. No reason to buy from anyone else unless you want to take the risk.

Well I bought from Ibuygo (still waiting for it) and most likely won't bother with buying it again if the differences are minor. At first, the ones you rated so highly were from Ibuygo right?

post #506 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersontck View Post
 

Well I bought from Ibuygo (still waiting for it) and most likely won't bother with buying it again if the differences are minor. At first, the ones you rated so highly were from Ibuygo right?

Yes. The differences are the sensitivity is lower, the sound is more bassy, and treble cuts off abruptly at the upper end of the highs. Most people wouldn't notice it unless they had both to compare listening to side by side.

post #507 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Yes. The differences are the sensitivity is lower, the sound is more bassy, and treble cuts off abruptly at the upper end of the highs. Most people wouldn't notice it unless they had both to compare listening to side by side.

When you say more bassy, you mean less clear or just more bass overall? 

 

Anyway, the important part is the one at bold. Thanks.

post #508 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersontck View Post
 

When you say more bassy, you mean less clear or just more bass overall? 

 

Anyway, the important part is the one at bold. Thanks.

More overall, and less clear.

post #509 of 2475

Well I really don't want to believe that Ibuygou is selling fakes, it just does not seem a legit thing to do. The reason I ordered from Ibuygou was the fact that many different MIUI sites claimed that Ibuygou is one of the few real resellers. 

Quote:http://miuiandroid.com/2013/11/07/avoid-fake-xiaomi-suppliers-need-good-title/
 

iBuyGou.com is officially partnered with MIUI Android to provide official Xiaomi Smartphones such as Xiaomi HongMI and Xiaomi MI3, as well as other Xiaomi Products and accessories.

Please however be aware the only 100% official retail outlet for Xiaomi is xiaomi.com.

And if you look at THIS early review from the official MIUI forum, written by a moderator, then you can see that his Pistons also do not have the clip and S/M/L markings. So I really don't believe that the Pistons ordered from Ibuygou are fake, maybe they are just an older revision. And maybe the ones with the clip are fakes? 

post #510 of 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by krist2an View Post
 

Well I really don't want to believe that Ibuygou is selling fakes, it just does not seem a legit thing to do. The reason I ordered from Ibuygou was the fact that many different MIUI sites claimed that Ibuygou is one of the few real resellers. 

And if you look at THIS early review from the official MIUI forum, written by a moderator, then you can see that his Pistons also do not have the clip and S/M/L markings. So I really don't believe that the Pistons ordered from Ibuygou are fake, maybe they are just an older revision. And maybe the ones with the clip are fakes? 

The problem being, is that MIUI is just a modified Android OS, not Xiaomi retail. That's like saying a moderator at XDA-Developers.org sells genuine Pistons because they also work on MIUI and Android Roms.

 

The last line says it all, "Please however be aware the only 100% official retail outlet for Xiaomi is xiaomi.com."

 

I would also add Xiaomi's Taobao store to that. Anything else is just taking a risk for an "older version", or a fake.


Edited by bhazard - 3/3/14 at 8:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: