or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Need Help: Upgrading From Schiit Modi/Magni Stack
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Help: Upgrading From Schiit Modi/Magni Stack

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hey everyone! I'm quite new here and to the audio world, I was brought in only about two months ago when I purchased a pair of AKG Q701's (Black) and a Schiit Modi/Magni Stack to power them. I've been absolutely loving listening to them with 24/96 FLAC audio. But I have the itch and am looking to upgrade. I am looking at the Little Dot MK IV SE and Little Dot DAC_I Stack. Would this be a substantial upgrade from my Modi/Magni or should I be looking to spend more? All recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your replies!

post #2 of 8

Personally I wouldn't bother. The schiit stack is great and the amp is more than powerful enough.

post #3 of 8

Your schiit stack is good -- unless you want to spend a schiit load of money, I'd stick with what you've got.

post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihl View Post
 

Your schiit stack is good -- unless you want to spend a schiit load of money, I'd stick with what you've got.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken2109 View Post
 

Personally I wouldn't bother. The schiit stack is great and the amp is more than powerful enough.

I see... So then, if say down the line I wanted to upgrade and notice a difference would I just buy a whole new set? Cans, Dac, Amp or what? Thanks for the replies!

post #5 of 8
I think the best bang for your buck is to try different headphones and expose yourself to different sound signatures. Trying tube amps is also fun. I would not worry about the DAC - the Modi will serve you fine no matter what else you do.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I think the best bang for your buck is to try different headphones and expose yourself to different sound signatures. Trying tube amps is also fun. I would not worry about the DAC - the Modi will serve you fine no matter what else you do.

I see... I'm really enjoying my Q701's but I think I'll hold on to them for a long time. My dream pair of headphones are the new Audeze LCD-X but the price tag is almost 8 times what the Q701's cost! :eek:

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanityOne View Post
 

Hey everyone! I'm quite new here and to the audio world, I was brought in only about two months ago when I purchased a pair of AKG Q701's (Black) and a Schiit Modi/Magni Stack to power them. I've been absolutely loving listening to them with 24/96 FLAC audio. But I have the itch and am looking to upgrade. I am looking at the Little Dot MK IV SE and Little Dot DAC_I Stack. Would this be a substantial upgrade from my Modi/Magni or should I be looking to spend more? All recommendations and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your replies!

Maybe read up and post questions on this thread, a tube amp might(?) add some nice coloring to the sound of your Q701s.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/582276/q701-appreciation-thread

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

Maybe read up and post questions on this thread, a tube amp might(?) add some nice coloring to the sound of your Q701s.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/582276/q701-appreciation-thread

Yeah! This is what lead me to the LD Mk IV SE. A lot of people on Head-Fi have been saying that tube amps work wonders for any of the AKG K7xx Series cans.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Need Help: Upgrading From Schiit Modi/Magni Stack