New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland - Page 19  

post #271 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelske View Post
 

 

I'd be quite curious to hear info on this too 

I inquired with the acoustixs that helmetguy suggested. And they say that $95 dollars for the impressions through them. They try sell UE products since that is their the distributor(?) for the region.

 

Not sure if that is a good price? Seems in proportion with the inflation of price of services and goods, due to being down under. 

 

Matthew

post #272 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanus View Post
 

I inquired with the acoustixs that helmetguy suggested. And they say that $95 dollars for the impressions through them. They try sell UE products since that is their the distributor(?) for the region.

 

Not sure if that is a good price? Seems in proportion with the inflation of price of services and goods, due to being down under. 

 

Matthew

 

Cool, thanks dude!

 

That sounds reasonable to me... :D


Edited by kelske - 5/4/14 at 9:10pm
post #273 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelske View Post
 

 

Cool, thanks dude!

 

That sounds pretty reasonable to me... If you're investing in a pair of CIEM's, an additional $95 sounds fairly reasonable. 

Hahah, I wasn't debating if it was a reasonable price :D I do realise the difference of 20 dollars or so doesn't make much difference when purchasing a CIEM.

 

May I ask which you are interested in? My only doubt is being whacked with a hefty customs tax when bringing anything in at that price range.

 

I was looking at the Unique Melody Merlins, as they seem to be based out of Australia (production in China tho). 

 

Matt

post #274 of 366
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanus View Post

My only doubt is being whacked with a hefty customs tax when bringing anything in at that price range.

This is not an insurmountable problem. Ask me about it at the meet.
post #275 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanus View Post
 

Hahah, I wasn't debating if it was a reasonable price :D I do realise the difference of 20 dollars or so doesn't make much difference when purchasing a CIEM.

 

May I ask which you are interested in? My only doubt is being whacked with a hefty customs tax when bringing anything in at that price range.

 

I was looking at the Unique Melody Merlins, as they seem to be based out of Australia (production in China tho). 

 

Matt

 

Sweet.. 

 

Yea I've looked at the Merlins too, and the Miracles seem very highly rated. This is a cool review list: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ the green ones are customs! 

 

If this is derailing the thread too hard, we could move this convo to PM :p 

post #276 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post


This is not an insurmountable problem. Ask me about it at the meet.

 

Woah really? :o what witchcraft is that? Is it something you cannot disclose on the public domain? ;)

Look forward to meeting you then! :)

 

On a side note, does anyone know the best way to sell used audiophile components like amps and headphones (obscure-ish ones), as I do not think trade me would sell it easily D:

 

Matt

post #277 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanus View Post
 

 

Woah really? :o what witchcraft is that? Is it something you cannot disclose on the public domain? ;)

Look forward to meeting you then! :)

 

On a side note, does anyone know the best way to sell used audiophile components like amps and headphones (obscure-ish ones), as I do not think trade me would sell it easily D:

 

Matt

 

Use the for sale forums on Head-Fi.  Plenty of Kiwis on the boards - so you can specify Australasia only if freight would be an issue.  It's also a lot safer (if you buy/sell with people who have history here).

post #278 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

 

Use the for sale forums on Head-Fi.  Plenty of Kiwis on the boards - so you can specify Australasia only if freight would be an issue.  It's also a lot safer (if you buy/sell with people who have history here).

Thanks! I wasn't sure of the amount of Australasian members who would be on there, so I was just wondering if there was a better medium :)

post #279 of 366

I'd imagine you're likley to get a better response here among "enthusiasts" than you would on Trade-Me.  Plus the only fees would be Paypal if it was involved.

post #280 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

I'd imagine you're likley to get a better response here among "enthusiasts" than you would on Trade-Me.  Plus the only fees would be Paypal if it was involved.

 

I have just got a T1 of TradeMe for $880 though, is that a good deal?

post #281 of 366

If it's in good condition I'd say it's pretty good.  $880 kiwi = ~ USD 750.00 and that's getting near the bottom end of what I've seen in the FS threads here.

 

Nice one - what do you think of it?

 

(I am so gutted I'm not getting to AKLD for the meet!)

post #282 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

If it's in good condition I'd say it's pretty good.  $880 kiwi = ~ USD 750.00 and that's getting near the bottom end of what I've seen in the FS threads here.

 

Nice one - what do you think of it?

 

(I am so gutted I'm not getting to AKLD for the meet!)

 

It certainly does look like new to me, and have no hint of defectiveness. Makes a solid companion to the HD800 IMO, with the T1 being a bit warmer in comparison.

 

Are you not coming to the meet?

post #283 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post
 

I'd imagine you're likley to get a better response here among "enthusiasts" than you would on Trade-Me.  Plus the only fees would be Paypal if it was involved.

 

Yeah its only that the headphone I'm looking to sell is the HE-400, and from amazon it is $100 bucks off at 299 haha, and it is less than a year old with lots of accessories (paid 450 excluding shipping). I know its a bummer, but I was trying to avoid having to sell it for ~200 if possible. 

post #284 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

It certainly does look like new to me, and have no hint of defectiveness. Makes a solid companion to the HD800 IMO, with the T1 being a bit warmer in comparison.

 

Are you not coming to the meet?

 

Sadly no - got hit with a few bills, and it's a relatively expensive exercise getting from Invercargill to Auckland just for a couple of days.  Would have loved to have been there too - especially as I still haven't heard the HD800 or T1 :(

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanus View Post
 

 

Yeah its only that the headphone I'm looking to sell is the HE-400, and from amazon it is $100 bucks off at 299 haha, and it is less than a year old with lots of accessories (paid 450 excluding shipping). I know its a bummer, but I was trying to avoid having to sell it for ~200 if possible. 

 

If you're going to the meet in a few weeks then maybe bring the HE400 and extras along.  You may be able to sell it - of swap for something else if anyone willing .....

post #285 of 366

Hi chaps, can tickets still be bought for the meet and there are no current listings on TradeMe - me and a mate in Auckland are looking to come along but we have been slow to get the tickets.

 

Thanks

Mark

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked