New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland - Page 15  

post #211 of 366

Audeze's and HiFiMAN - come and have a go ;)

post #212 of 366
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH2204 View Post
 

I will jump on TM and grab a ticket.

 

Still wondering whether to bring along my Bushmaster Mk2 DAC to give an idea of the other end of the scale of price etc :-(

 

I still think its a good DAC (for stereo purposes, I havent really tried it out with cans) and I would love to be able to try it with some cans like Audeze, HiFiman and Fostex if there is any there?

 

A bit of background on me, I am a relative learner in the headfi space and thankfully Billy (revogamer) has helped me to narrow the field of potential purchases.  I started out looking at the T90's, then decided I could push myself to the T1's (less treble) and then Billy threw a spanner in the works with the HD800's!  I love the detail but I find the ear cups a little too roomy and a little bit uncomfortable.   Are there any other cans coming along that you guys recommend that I check out?

 

If you like the HD800 you owe it to yourself to hear the HE-6 well driven :) 

 

The upcoming HE-560 may also be worth a listen too.

post #213 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

 

If you like the HD800 you owe it to yourself to hear the HE-6 well driven :) 

 

The upcoming HE-560 may also be worth a listen too.

 

The HE-6 is actually one of the cans I'm currently considering to be my 2nd pair of high-end phones (alongside with T1 and LCD-2.2). Though possible amping issue kinda drives me away from them, so I would wait until I hear them in person.

post #214 of 366

Ticket bought. Can't wait.

 

Anyone know if there will be a STAX SR-009 around? Been wanting to hear that 'phone for ages.

post #215 of 366

Hey guys - 

 

Out of interest, not having had the pleasure of attending one of these meets before - How does it work regarding source material to listen to?

I have reference tracks I like to listen to when I set my gear up - do we bring these files on a USB stick? laptop running USB out?

 

No problems with any method - just curious .... (sorry if its already been brought up)

 

Cheers 

post #216 of 366
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemorize View Post
 

Ticket bought. Can't wait.

 

Anyone know if there will be a STAX SR-009 around? Been wanting to hear that 'phone for ages.

 

At this stage I don't think so unfortunately, they're just about the only high end can that may not be present at the meet. Perhaps by next years meet, when no doubt Billy will have them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
 

Hey guys - 

 

Out of interest, not having had the pleasure of attending one of these meets before - How does it work regarding source material to listen to?

I have reference tracks I like to listen to when I set my gear up - do we bring these files on a USB stick? laptop running USB out?

 

No problems with any method - just curious .... (sorry if its already been brought up)

 

Cheers 

 

I'd bring them on a USB at least, most of us will be running computer based transports. Not a terrible idea to bring them on a laptop either, although probably only if it is a mac (since they work without drivers on most DACs, whereas windows machines tend to require drivers for most).

 

I was going to do a post later this week at the blog outlining some suggestions for surviving the day :)

post #217 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

 

At this stage I don't think so unfortunately, they're just about the only high end can that may not be present at the meet. Perhaps by next years meet, when no doubt Billy will have them.

 

 

I'd bring them on a USB at least, most of us will be running computer based transports. Not a terrible idea to bring them on a laptop either, although probably only if it is a mac (since they work without drivers on most DACs, whereas windows machines tend to require drivers for most).

 

I was going to do a post later this week at the blog outlining some suggestions for surviving the day :)

Ha..ha...ha.. your funny - we will see; I don't know if i would be allowed to go home after that!

 

I will be bringing a windows based laptop - I don't have any mac devices haha :P

post #218 of 366
Thread Starter 

I don't have any mac devices either, I was more referring to bring a mac if you were intending to use that as your source from other peoples DACs, in which case not having to install drivers for each DAC is an asset.

post #219 of 366

It would be awesome if there were electrostatics other than the (possible) Orpheus at the meet.

 

Because, you know, pricing is a bit of a bugger...

post #220 of 366

Just a random question, how big is your lossless music collection guys? I'm at 102 GB.

post #221 of 366
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post

Just a random question, how big is your lossless music collection guys? I'm at 102 GB.

I think about 160gb at last count.
post #222 of 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

Just a random question, how big is your lossless music collection guys? I'm at 102 GB.

I personally have about 90GB in total. Probably about ~5 is non lossless. I recently bought a ipod off a headfi member and he still had all his songs on the ipod, about 100GB worth and all lossless. SO ~200gb? I guess thats cheating tho :L3000: 


Edited by Mattanus - 4/16/14 at 3:31am
post #223 of 366

just started my collection at 10gb :(

 

just bought my ticket too! excite!

post #224 of 366
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennezzy View Post
 

just started my collection at 10gb :(

 

just bought my ticket too! excite!

 

Woohoo!

 

I think so far sold about 12 tickets, and nearly half of those are not to Head-Fi members, which surprises me a little.

post #225 of 366

Will anyone have any of the schiit range at the meet? really curious about that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked