or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs  

post #1 of 2508
Thread Starter 
EDIT: Review removed.

There are things I have learnt since opening the post, and now I see the products a bit differently. Since I had high praises for Rhapsodio's products, it might not be fair / reasonable for me to voice a vastly different view at this stage. Therefore, I choose to remain silent and have my review removed.

Thanks for the understanding.
Edited by Lonelyers - 11/6/14 at 7:37am
post #2 of 2508
Thread Starter 

Reserved for future impressions.

post #3 of 2508

Great Post!!!! I have ordered the Ti one after talking to Chester extensively a few weeks ago and my unit will be ready on 20-22 Feb..Reading your post really made my lips wet with anticipation. Also got the Nylon OCC to go with the Ti One...(EDIT: owh and mine would be the aluminium housing)

 

One question thou as there are only a few of those who have heard the Ti one (incl you), where would you rate it with similar priced (USD$1000+) iems you have heard.

 

Mine would look like this..*


Edited by nazrin313 - 1/31/14 at 9:37am
post #4 of 2508

I'm also in contact with Sammy, really nice guy. Going to get the RD1 and RD2 hopefully. Also going to get the DDS HA-01 directly from DDS (DeeDeeSounds), any more impressions of the HA-01 would be great, as I'm looking forward to getting it, also it will work with the X3 :)

post #5 of 2508
I will also receive tomorrow some rhapsodio products!
I will tell you more in few days
post #6 of 2508
Thread Starter 

Thanks to everyone for the replies - I would love to hear the views of other Head-Fiers as well! :wink_face:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post
 

Great Post!!!! I have ordered the Ti one after talking to Chester extensively a few weeks ago and my unit will be ready on 20-22 Feb..Reading your post really made my lips wet with anticipation. Also got the Nylon OCC to go with the Ti One...(EDIT: owh and mine would be the aluminium housing)

 

One question thou as there are only a few of those who have heard the Ti one (incl you), where would you rate it with similar priced (USD$1000+) iems you have heard.

 

Mine would look like this..*

 

Great choice - the nylon OCC is a very nice cable to go with Ti-One.

 

It would be very difficult if I have to rank my Ti-One among other top IEMs - as I have explained in the post, it is constantly "evolving".  The sound is getting better and better with more burn-in time.  My real complaint is that I hope it would have a bit more bass, in terms of both quantity and impact.  But Sammy said that the bass would sound better after months of burn-in - so I guess I would need to be more patient.

 

Just to give you a brief idea though, initially, I thought my Ti-One was only at the level of SM64; after around 30 - 50 hours of burn-in, I started to think about my Ti-One when I was using my V6-S (and mind you, even though V6-S is only priced at USD$699, it's a CIEM that can definitely challenge various >$1000 CIEMs).  The mids, level of detail reproduced, the male vocals, imaging, separation and definitely the SOUNDSTAGE are certainly among the best I have heard.  Very natural and coherent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post
 

I'm also in contact with Sammy, really nice guy. Going to get the RD1 and RD2 hopefully. Also going to get the DDS HA-01 directly from DDS (DeeDeeSounds), any more impressions of the HA-01 would be great, as I'm looking forward to getting it, also it will work with the X3 :)

 

Haven't tried the RD1 and RD2 - may be I should give them a try next time I visit.

 

As for the HA-01, I have only played with it for a few days, so it seems too early for me to share my views.

 

But my initial impression is that the bass out of my AK100 sounds much better - with great impact and extension out of my V6-S.  I can also hear more details and better separation, as compared with just my AK100.  This little amp is also quite powerful.

post #7 of 2508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelyers View Post

 

Just to give you a brief idea though, initially, I thought my Ti-One was only at the level of SM64; after around 30 - 50 hours of burn-in, I started to think about my Ti-One when I was using my V6-S (and mind you, even though V6-S is only priced at USD$699, it's a CIEM that can definitely challenge various >$1000 CIEMs).  The mids, level of detail reproduced, the male vocals, imaging, separation and definitely the SOUNDSTAGE are certainly among the best I have heard.  Very natural and coherent.

 

 

Pretty happy with that...post more impressions the more you hear it. Sammy did mention to me that the Ti one is the best IEM they have ever produced hence my interest in them. Also what steered me to the Ti one was the offer they gave me...

 

also, they told me the aluminium version would give better and impactful bass as compared to the acrylic version...

 

Subscribed....


Edited by nazrin313 - 2/1/14 at 8:45am
post #8 of 2508

Fantastic write up mate, thorough and very detailed...

post #9 of 2508
I wasn't going to say anything - since I really did enjoy RDB+v1 and I've also heard good things about R2D2. and as much as I'd like to see a brand reboot and second coming...


a) Saw the fr chart for TI ref, looks pretty odd. (bass hump at 200hz, sharp and deep roll-off resulting no deep bass). very prominent 4-5khz what's more there's a dip at 1-3khz. and a peak at 4k (probably hence the detailed sound). What's more - the relative height of the 3-4-5k peak or RT1 is veeeery large (compared to 1k, it's what 15dB - that's 2-3 louder)


> But Sammy said that the bass would sound better after months of burn-in - so I guess I would need to be more patient.

yea... he told me the same thing...I think it looks more like a very odd choice of tuning.
I'm sorry, MONTHS? and um how long is the return policy again biggrin.gif ?

Does he have a measured 'burned in one' [it's not really a burn-in discussion as such, since I don't think anyone would claim you'll get a 15db correction it lower bass over time...yea]



b) Finally , I've had a look at the online chinese flea markets , and it looks like some parts (e.g IEM shells or designs ) are common with the Ref 1/T1 pics on rhapsodio's FB. In particular from a seller called ppsound . Very similar shells (and even exact same shells) incl metal ones, references to titanium drivers, etc . However, the prices are um, well, 1/10 of what Ref T1 asking price is. It would be a real shame it RT1 is a 'polished' version of that.

http://s.taobao.com/search?initiative_id=staobaoz_20140130&js=1&q=ppsound&stats_click=search_radio_all%3A1
e.g.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.38.uoSJdE&id=35674223822
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.10.uoSJdE&id=20292414541
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.10.uoSJdE&id=20292414541
http://www.85china.com/product/35241918491/ppsound%20DIY%20GM%20lightweight%20titanium%20metal%20custom%20star%20Earphones%20public%20mode%20to%20mode
http://www.85china.com/product/35241918491/ppsound%20DIY
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.75.uoSJdE&id=35514081286
http://www.85china.com/product/20040085294/ppsound%20DIY%20custom%20ear%20Earphones%20public%20shell%20mold%20custom%20mold%20shell%20star%20headphone%20change


The same markets also stock a variety of dynamic drivers, so it looks like you can mix and match and buy shells + all sorts of drivers. [an sockets, cables, etc]
http://www.85china.com/product/36444412381/8MM%20DIY%20headphone%20units%20top%20titanium%20membrane%20unit%20cell%20of%20strong%20low-frequency%20ear%20headphones
http://www.85china.com/product/36620044188/DIY%20headphone%20-%20three%203%20%20Star%20S4%20-%20high-top%20double%20bass%20unit%20good%20-%2011mm%20ear%20speaker%20enthusiast
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.45.xbs9Mx&id=20037905336
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w1048-2738099291.3.h2Lf9T&id=17465541932
(and the yuan prices converted to $ smily_headphones1.gif)

What's more is the driver prices for DDs are not really high at all, and if you combine those with ready shells smily_headphones1.gif...[also note the shell quality similarities]

Now I don't know any chinese, so perhaps someone who does can do some better searching?
Edited by svyr - 1/31/14 at 10:13pm
post #10 of 2508
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post

I wasn't going to say anything - since I really did enjoy RDB+v1 and I've also heard good things about R2D2. and as much as I'd like to see a brand reboot and second coming...


a) Saw the fr chart for TI ref, looks pretty odd. (bass hump at 200hz, sharp and deep roll-off resulting no deep bass). very prominent 4-5khz what's more there's a dip at 1-3khz. and a peak at 4k (probably hence the detailed sound). What's more - the relative height of the 3-4-5k peak or RT1 is veeeery large (compared to 1k, it's what 15dB - that's 2-3 louder)


> But Sammy said that the bass would sound better after months of burn-in - so I guess I would need to be more patient.

yea... he told me the same thing...I think it looks more like a very odd choice of tuning.
I'm sorry, MONTHS? and um how long is the return policy again biggrin.gif ?

Does he have a measured 'burned in one' [it's not really a burn-in discussion as such, since I don't think anyone would claim you'll get a 15db correction it lower bass over time...yea]



b) Finally , I've had a look at the online chinese flea markets , and it looks like some parts (e.g IEM shells or designs ) are common with the Ref 1/T1 pics on rhapsodio's FB. In particular from a seller called ppsound . Very similar shells (and even exact same shells) incl metal ones, references to titanium drivers, etc . However, the prices are um, well, 1/10 of what Ref T1 asking price is. It would be a real shame it RT1 is a 'polished' version of that.

http://s.taobao.com/search?initiative_id=staobaoz_20140130&js=1&q=ppsound&stats_click=search_radio_all%3A1
e.g.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.38.uoSJdE&id=35674223822
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.10.uoSJdE&id=20292414541
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.10.uoSJdE&id=20292414541
http://www.85china.com/product/35241918491/ppsound%20DIY%20GM%20lightweight%20titanium%20metal%20custom%20star%20Earphones%20public%20mode%20to%20mode
http://www.85china.com/product/35241918491/ppsound%20DIY
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.75.uoSJdE&id=35514081286
http://www.85china.com/product/20040085294/ppsound%20DIY%20custom%20ear%20Earphones%20public%20shell%20mold%20custom%20mold%20shell%20star%20headphone%20change


The same markets also stock a variety of dynamic drivers, so it looks like you can mix and match and buy shells + all sorts of drivers. [an sockets, cables, etc]
http://www.85china.com/product/36444412381/8MM%20DIY%20headphone%20units%20top%20titanium%20membrane%20unit%20cell%20of%20strong%20low-frequency%20ear%20headphones
http://www.85china.com/product/36620044188/DIY%20headphone%20-%20three%203%20%20Star%20S4%20-%20high-top%20double%20bass%20unit%20good%20-%2011mm%20ear%20speaker%20enthusiast
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.45.xbs9Mx&id=20037905336
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w1048-2738099291.3.h2Lf9T&id=17465541932
(and the yuan prices converted to $ smily_headphones1.gif)

What's more is the driver prices for DDs are not really high at all, and if you combine those with ready shells smily_headphones1.gif...[also note the shell quality similarities]

Now I don't know any chinese, so perhaps someone who does can do some better searching?

Very interesting find svyr....lets see that Rhapsodio says about this..plus the OP is in HK so he can actually help in researching these...:L3000: 


Edited by nazrin313 - 2/1/14 at 12:17am
post #11 of 2508
Yes,Our housing are oem by ppsound.
Everyone can do hybrid iem from Ppsound.
I would like to help guys to get it.
post #12 of 2508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solorsammy View Post

Yes,Our housing are oem by ppsound.
Everyone can do hybrid iem from Ppsound.
I would like to help guys to get it.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.39.BIewCo&id=35674223822

 

this is one looks damn nice..USD$460....DAMN...just for the housing..

 

which housing is the aluminium one (the one that I ordered) ? possible to change to titanium???? lol since its the Titanium one?? lol..


Edited by nazrin313 - 1/31/14 at 11:32pm
post #13 of 2508
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.39.BIewCo&id=35674223822

this is one looks damn nice..USD$460....DAMN...just for the housing..

which housing is the aluminium one (the one that I ordered) ? possible to change to titanium???? lol since its the Titanium one?? lol..

=)
good pickup re ti body. but that's 460 for '
Titanium cavity with carbon fiber back cover + ie8 original unit + silver plated wire configuration Shure pins.Only ¥ 2800'
'PPsound DIY Total Artificial custom titanium carbon fiber rear Teflon silver plated headphone upgrade


http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.111.TGmsRr&id=35241918491 (150 for the housing)

For rt1 i think The 'driver membrane' is titanium . and the shell - alu

I have an interesting feeling PPSound can supply the housing at say $50 unit (the aluminium one), and I'm having very significant doubts that the said titanium drivers are any more expensive than $40 =) [and those wild westerner prices biggrin.gif ?] and that any additional tuning or dampening is done. [ i know the shells are being made from sanded alu for the RT1 but anyhow]
Edited by svyr - 1/31/14 at 11:55pm
post #14 of 2508
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


=)
good pickup re ti body. but that's 460 for '
Titanium cavity with carbon fiber back cover + ie8 original unit + silver plated wire configuration Shure pins.Only ¥ 2800'
'PPsound DIY Total Artificial custom titanium carbon fiber rear Teflon silver plated headphone upgrade


http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.111.TGmsRr&id=35241918491 (150 for the housing)

For rt1 i think The 'driver membrane' is titanium . and the shell - alu

I have an interesting feeling PPSound can supply the housing at say $50 unit (the aluminium one), and I'm having very significant doubts that the said titanium drivers are any more expensive than $40 =) [and those wild westerner prices biggrin.gif ?] and that any additional tuning or dampening is done. [ i know the shells are being made from sanded alu for the RT1 but anyhow]

Lol, owh yeah didnt see the IE unit and silver plated wire thou..

 

Sammy did confirm that their housings are from ppsounds so no more mystery there...

 

Im actually not really surprised from all of this info, this is China we are talking about...95% of our electronic goods are manufactured in China...iphones, sony stuff, etc... 


Edited by nazrin313 - 2/1/14 at 2:22am
post #15 of 2508
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post

a) Saw the fr chart for TI ref, looks pretty odd. (bass hump at 200hz, sharp and deep roll-off resulting no deep bass). very prominent 4-5khz what's more there's a dip at 1-3khz. and a peak at 4k (probably hence the detailed sound). What's more - the relative height of the 3-4-5k peak or RT1 is veeeery large (compared to 1k, it's what 15dB - that's 2-3 louder)


> But Sammy said that the bass would sound better after months of burn-in - so I guess I would need to be more patient.

yea... he told me the same thing...I think it looks more like a very odd choice of tuning.
I'm sorry, MONTHS? and um how long is the return policy again biggrin.gif ?

Does he have a measured 'burned in one' [it's not really a burn-in discussion as such, since I don't think anyone would claim you'll get a 15db correction it lower bass over time...yea]



b) Finally , I've had a look at the online chinese flea markets , and it looks like some parts (e.g IEM shells or designs ) are common with the Ref 1/T1 pics on rhapsodio's FB. In particular from a seller called ppsound . Very similar shells (and even exact same shells) incl metal ones, references to titanium drivers, etc . However, the prices are um, well, 1/10 of what Ref T1 asking price is. It would be a real shame it RT1 is a 'polished' version of that.

......

What's more is the driver prices for DDs are not really high at all, and if you combine those with ready shells smily_headphones1.gif...[also note the shell quality similarities]

Now I don't know any chinese, so perhaps someone who does can do some better searching?

 

I am not really into studying graphs and measurements extensively - to me, what is important is what I actually hear.  After all, I won't feel really excited when I am reading graphs. The listening experience is more important to me :tongue_smile:

 

But I agree that bass is the weakness of Ti-One, and I certainly have doubts if the "growth" would be able to compensate the bass.  For now, however, I guess I would give Ti-One the benefit of the doubt, given that it has exceeded my expectations several times during my short period of possession.  I will post further impressions later.

 

Of course I don't really think I would be able to return the IEM after several months, even if the bass remains more or less the same - but I would still say I am glad to have this IEM in my arsenal, as it is good for vocals, live performances, classical music and instrumental music.  

 

And thanks for sharing the links - that is something I didn't know about.  It is also nice to see that Sammy has clarified about the housings as well.  As I have mentioned in my review, I am not very satisfied with the quality of the housing - but the money I pay is not only for the housing, but also the final product.  And in terms of sound quality, I personally think (and you may disagree with me :wink_face:) that it certainly is worth the asking price - it is worth even more than the asking price in my experience so far.  My views could change if the sound quality of my Ti-One goes downhill after further burn-in, or if it goes out of order in a few months of use; but for now, I am a happy customer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


=)
good pickup re ti body. but that's 460 for '
Titanium cavity with carbon fiber back cover + ie8 original unit + silver plated wire configuration Shure pins.Only ¥ 2800'
'PPsound DIY Total Artificial custom titanium carbon fiber rear Teflon silver plated headphone upgrade


http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.111.TGmsRr&id=35241918491 (150 for the housing)

For rt1 i think The 'driver membrane' is titanium . and the shell - alu

I have an interesting feeling PPSound can supply the housing at say $50 unit (the aluminium one), and I'm having very significant doubts that the said titanium drivers are any more expensive than $40 =) [and those wild westerner prices biggrin.gif ?] and that any additional tuning or dampening is done. [ i know the shells are being made from sanded alu for the RT1 but anyhow]

 

I feel that the drivers of IE8 and Ti-One are different - especially in terms of bass, they sound very different.  Also, the clarity and details presented in Ti-One are also substantially better than IE8.

 

As customers, we are always hoping to get the best value for money.  This is perfectly normal and understandable.  But I can also understand that businesses would need to make and earn money.

 

Let me take "bread" as an example.  It doesn't cost a lot to make a loaf of bread for a bakery; but a bakery often sells a loaf of bread at a price more than 10 times the cost.  Why?  Because when we are buying a loaf of bread, we are also helping the bakery to pay for the shop's rent, the salary of all its staff, electricity, equipment, etc.  So if you want to save money instead of being "robbed" by a bakery, what can you do?  You can make yourself a loaf of bread at home.

 

I don't have the skills or the knowledge to make an IEM by myself, so if I want a nice pair of IEMs, I would need to find one that fits me and then pay.  And I would say this is a "fair trade" - I am not being forced at gun point to make the purchase, I am given other choices in the market, and I make the decision to buy a particular product with my own free will.  To me, whether something is worth a particular price is very subjective - and in the overall picture, it is up to the customers to determine if the products are set at the right price.  If the customers think that something is worth a certain price and matches their needs, there would be demand; if not, then the company would be punished (i.e. in the form of poor sales) for setting the price too high.

 

I give credit where credit is due - to me, Rhapsodio has created an IEM which is great for its asking price.  And it's up to other users to verify my claim - I am only sharing my own thoughts.  As I have mentioned in my first post, this is a subjective review.  How they come up with this IEM, the hours they spent on research and tuning, or how much the parts actually cost ... these are not my concerns (but of course I would hope to get a better bargain - which is why I make the purchase during the sale :bigsmile_face:).  I am most concerned about the performance of the final product as a customer.  I wouldn't say Ti-One can fit all my needs - in fact, so far no IEMs can, because I listen to a wide variety of music.  Say, for bass-heavy tracks, I definitely prefer to use my V6-S or Stage 4.  But when compared with other IEMs at its price, Ti-One is a solid performer that can stand on its own, and it wouldn't need to reduce its retail price by half before I would pull the trigger.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs