Can those of you who have heard or own (even better) Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them in terms of sound? They are now priced exactly the same and I have always wanted to own a pair of HE500. Alpha Dog has no leakage and good isolation right? Is HE500 too heavy or is it still bareable? Do they sound fatiguing in any way? Sounding fatiguing is definitely a dealbreaker for me. I want a slightly warm sounding and musical headphone that has deep, tight, visceral bass, clear and lush mids, and clear and sweet treble. I have read about those headphones but I want to gather more info on them before buying. If I am indeed purchasing, it is likely to be my end game headphone for at least a while. I probably will not have an amp to use with them (if i indeed get them), just my iBasso DX100. DX100 has enough power already right? Also, if I decide to go with the Hifiman HE500, where do you recommend me to get it? Just from Amazon will save me shipping, does HeadDirect charge shipping? Would it be better if I get it straight from HeadDirect because it will have warranty? Or will I still get warranty buying from other sellers on Amazon? I live in California if that means anything. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Alpha Dogs vs Open Cans? Last post on 12/7/14 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 10/14/14 at 3:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads Last post on 10/21/13 at 7:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso dx100 +He-500 or He-400 Last post on 10/20/13 at 2:05am in Portable Source Gear
- HE-400i vs HE-500?? Last post on Today at 1:34 am in Headphones (full-size)
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
post #1 of 5
1/30/14 at 2:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 5
1/30/14 at 10:37am
post #3 of 5
1/31/14 at 12:07am
post #4 of 5
1/31/14 at 4:00am
Look for reviews on the internet but I can post opinions that I copied into my word file. Read them if you need but there are few no names who wrote because I did not copied their names so sorry.
Edited by LoveKnight - 1/31/14 at 4:03am
- Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 2996 Active Users (605 Members and 2391 Guests)
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 1 minute ago
- › Does scratches on a CD effect sound quality besides skipping? 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR01 Info, Impressions & Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Amplification and Planar-Magnetic Headphones' purely resistive... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2