Can those of you who have heard or own (even better) Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them in terms of sound? They are now priced exactly the same and I have always wanted to own a pair of HE500. Alpha Dog has no leakage and good isolation right? Is HE500 too heavy or is it still bareable? Do they sound fatiguing in any way? Sounding fatiguing is definitely a dealbreaker for me. I want a slightly warm sounding and musical headphone that has deep, tight, visceral bass, clear and lush mids, and clear and sweet treble. I have read about those headphones but I want to gather more info on them before buying. If I am indeed purchasing, it is likely to be my end game headphone for at least a while. I probably will not have an amp to use with them (if i indeed get them), just my iBasso DX100. DX100 has enough power already right? Also, if I decide to go with the Hifiman HE500, where do you recommend me to get it? Just from Amazon will save me shipping, does HeadDirect charge shipping? Would it be better if I get it straight from HeadDirect because it will have warranty? Or will I still get warranty buying from other sellers on Amazon? I live in California if that means anything. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 10/14/14 at 3:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads Last post on 10/21/13 at 7:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso dx100 +He-500 or He-400 Last post on 10/20/13 at 2:05am in Portable Source Gear
- New York Audio Show 2014 Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Yesterday at 7:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
post #1 of 5
1/30/14 at 2:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 5
1/30/14 at 10:37am
post #3 of 5
1/31/14 at 12:07am
post #4 of 5
1/31/14 at 4:00am
Look for reviews on the internet but I can post opinions that I copied into my word file. Read them if you need but there are few no names who wrote because I did not copied their names so sorry.
Edited by LoveKnight - 1/31/14 at 4:03am
- Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3030 Active Users (605 Members and 2425 Guests)
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 55 seconds ago
- › appropriate AC adapter for Stax SRM-001? 1 minute ago
- › Just got my M50x, thinking about getting something else 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K280 Parabolic Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)