Can those of you who have heard or own (even better) Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them in terms of sound? They are now priced exactly the same and I have always wanted to own a pair of HE500. Alpha Dog has no leakage and good isolation right? Is HE500 too heavy or is it still bareable? Do they sound fatiguing in any way? Sounding fatiguing is definitely a dealbreaker for me. I want a slightly warm sounding and musical headphone that has deep, tight, visceral bass, clear and lush mids, and clear and sweet treble. I have read about those headphones but I want to gather more info on them before buying. If I am indeed purchasing, it is likely to be my end game headphone for at least a while. I probably will not have an amp to use with them (if i indeed get them), just my iBasso DX100. DX100 has enough power already right? Also, if I decide to go with the Hifiman HE500, where do you recommend me to get it? Just from Amazon will save me shipping, does HeadDirect charge shipping? Would it be better if I get it straight from HeadDirect because it will have warranty? Or will I still get warranty buying from other sellers on Amazon? I live in California if that means anything. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 10/14/14 at 3:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads Last post on 10/21/13 at 7:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso dx100 +He-500 or He-400 Last post on 10/20/13 at 2:05am in Portable Source Gear
- CIEM vs Full Sized Last post on 11/19/14 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will A Better Cable Make A Difference? Last post on 11/23/14 at 2:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
post #1 of 5
1/30/14 at 2:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 5
1/30/14 at 10:37am
post #3 of 5
1/31/14 at 12:07am
post #4 of 5
1/31/14 at 4:00am
Look for reviews on the internet but I can post opinions that I copied into my word file. Read them if you need but there are few no names who wrote because I did not copied their names so sorry.
Edited by LoveKnight - 1/31/14 at 4:03am
- Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3635 Active Users (645 Members and 2990 Guests)
- › Which headphones to try? 1 second ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 seconds ago
- › Need good Amp for AKG K7XX to use it on pc .phone and ps4 46 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 2 minutes ago
- › Is it worth it to upgrade to the Vmoda m100 from the crossfadeLP? 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)