Can those of you who have heard or own (even better) Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them in terms of sound? They are now priced exactly the same and I have always wanted to own a pair of HE500. Alpha Dog has no leakage and good isolation right? Is HE500 too heavy or is it still bareable? Do they sound fatiguing in any way? Sounding fatiguing is definitely a dealbreaker for me. I want a slightly warm sounding and musical headphone that has deep, tight, visceral bass, clear and lush mids, and clear and sweet treble. I have read about those headphones but I want to gather more info on them before buying. If I am indeed purchasing, it is likely to be my end game headphone for at least a while. I probably will not have an amp to use with them (if i indeed get them), just my iBasso DX100. DX100 has enough power already right? Also, if I decide to go with the Hifiman HE500, where do you recommend me to get it? Just from Amazon will save me shipping, does HeadDirect charge shipping? Would it be better if I get it straight from HeadDirect because it will have warranty? Or will I still get warranty buying from other sellers on Amazon? I live in California if that means anything. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Alpha Dogs vs Open Cans? Last post on 12/7/14 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 10/14/14 at 3:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit amps for the Mad Dogs W/ Alpha Pads Last post on 10/21/13 at 7:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ibasso dx100 +He-500 or He-400 Last post on 10/20/13 at 2:05am in Portable Source Gear
- HE-400i vs HE-500?? Last post on 4/2/15 at 7:16am in Headphones (full-size)
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
post #1 of 5
1/30/14 at 2:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 5
1/30/14 at 10:37am
post #3 of 5
1/31/14 at 12:07am
post #4 of 5
1/31/14 at 4:00am
Look for reviews on the internet but I can post opinions that I copied into my word file. Read them if you need but there are few no names who wrote because I did not copied their names so sorry.
Edited by LoveKnight - 1/31/14 at 4:03am
- Can those of you who have heard Hifiman HE500 and Alpha Dog compare them?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3501 Active Users (690 Members and 2811 Guests)
- › Three Word Story 2 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 49 seconds ago
- › my wonder about ibasso dx90... folks plz help... 55 seconds ago
- › Need something to control android playback 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 2 minutes ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2