Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro or AKG K702?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro or AKG K702?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Hello everybody i'm new to this forum but my brother told me you guys where awesome when it has something to do with sound :)

What I will use the headphones for is listening on music most of all dubstep but i like film music like hans zimmer's and maybe 80% of the time gaming.
I play right now Battlefiled 4 and for those that don't know that game, it's ALOT of explosions and gun fire but I wan't to hear the highs and mids very well to and in game it's most of all footsteps. If you played counter strike games you are really need to hear footsteps of the enemy to get the advantage over him so I will play games where I need to have control over where the enemies are. 

GAMES I PLAY: Battlefield 4, DayZ, Rust, Arma 3, CSGO and more..

It would be nice if you find other headphones that are better in my case.. OH and I almost forgot, I will also edit with videos :) (gaming videos).

//H

post #2 of 15

K702 is better in terms of footsteps, but the DT990 better in terms of explosions and movies, as well as single-player games.

Check out MLE's gaming guide.

 

Also you'll want some amplification to either one.

post #3 of 15
When I listened to the DT990s in the past, I found both the bass and treble are boosted a bit. I think this is in line with what you are saying.

Bob Graham
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by r010159 View Post

When I listened to the DT990s in the past, I found both the bass and treble are boosted a bit. I think this is in line with what you are saying.

Bob Graham

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viralcow View Post
 

K702 is better in terms of footsteps, but the DT990 better in terms of explosions and movies, as well as single-player games.

Check out MLE's gaming guide.

 

Also you'll want some amplification to either one.

Thanks guys eh yeah i will use a xonar essence stx :)

post #5 of 15
I really wouldn't want the 70x's for dubstep especially when you're only amping it with the stx there will be very little bass presence. I've never heard dt990s but electronic music isn't enjoyable with those akgs especially if you aren't using a powerful warmer amp.
Edited by linglingjr - 1/29/14 at 3:00pm
post #6 of 15

I've been told the STX will handle the Beyers quite well, in regards to the 250 version.

Note: The 250 Pro is on sale right now on Amazon for 50% off, btw.

post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 

Okay what about audio technica ath ad700x??

post #8 of 15

A good product. Are you looking for just open cans?

post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihl View Post
 

A good product. Are you looking for just open cans?

Yes and see up what I will use them for :) any good sennheiser, audio technica, AKG or beyerdynamics?

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornedal View Post
 

Yes and see up what I will use them for :) any good sennheiser, audio technica, AKG or beyerdynamics?

 

Hmm, what kind of budget are you on?

Edit: Going off what you have mentioned -- I'd look at the Sennheiser's HD 558 or the HD 598.


Edited by Nihl - 1/30/14 at 7:17am
post #11 of 15

You might want to check out the Fideloo X1 by Philips.

Oh, and check out this link -- it may help you:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-27-2014-monster-dna-pro-added-edits

post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihl View Post
 

You might want to check out the Fideloo X1 by Philips.

Oh, and check out this link -- it may help you:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-27-2014-monster-dna-pro-added-edits

My budget is on 300 - 400$ and yes i seen that thread :)

post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihl View Post
 

You might want to check out the Fideloo X1 by Philips.

Oh, and check out this link -- it may help you:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-27-2014-monster-dna-pro-added-edits

what about Sony MA900?

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornedal View Post
 

what about Sony MA900?

 

The MA900 are quite good, especially at $200

 

If you have the cash to spend, the AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition is another good all-rounder, handles Gaming perfectly, and I was actually enjoying dubstep while i used them.

 

K702 65th's are pretty pricy though, and I'm not sure how the STX will drive them.

post #15 of 15

Don't forget the AKG K612 pro, easily matches the HD598

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro or AKG K702?