Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 161
Thread Starter 

Yeah it seems everyone is in agreement that the drivers don't all sound the same. Which I find wierd. If I were going to get some I would get them from amazon or something where the return policy is pretty good. This way if you do get some that sound bad you could return them and reorder.

post #17 of 161
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidmop View Post
 

  Check out this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/476650/crack-bottlehead-otl  It only works with high imp cans tho. But man, I've listened to alot of setups and the crack is by far superior. Many rolling options and there is even a speedball upgrade but I don't want to lose the dynamics when tube rolling so mine's stock. Take this FWIW of course. My ears, my opinion ;)

 

  Back on topic, I think my 770s have an amazing driver. I've heard of a lot of variances within the 770 line. The first pair I got was the usual suspect ie: recessed mids, bloaty bass- just like the 80 ohm. But the second pair, oh boy :) The highs were a little harsh when I got them and the bass was def there but the mids were neutral and amazing. All this has improved with burn in, prob 200 or so hrs on em now. They have the most amazing soundstage I've heard on a closed can. I don't see these ever leaving my stable :beyersmile:

 

And I do agree the soundstage is awesome for a closed headphone

post #18 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidmop View Post
 

  Check out this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/476650/crack-bottlehead-otl  It only works with high imp cans tho. But man, I've listened to alot of setups and the crack is by far superior. Many rolling options and there is even a speedball upgrade but I don't want to lose the dynamics when tube rolling so mine's stock. Take this FWIW of course. My ears, my opinion ;)

 

  Back on topic, I think my 770s have an amazing driver. I've heard of a lot of variances within the 770 line. The first pair I got was the usual suspect ie: recessed mids, bloaty bass- just like the 80 ohm. But the second pair, oh boy :) The highs were a little harsh when I got them and the bass was def there but the mids were neutral and amazing. All this has improved with burn in, prob 200 or so hrs on em now. They have the most amazing soundstage I've heard on a closed can. I don't see these ever leaving my stable :beyersmile:

Where did your good set come from, and when  did you get them?

In case I buy some I might get the right ones the 1st time.

post #19 of 161

   A little over 2 yrs ago on amazon. It's a total crapshoot. 

post #20 of 161
Thread Starter 

I would like people to chime in on what amp and dac they are using with their DT 770 250ohm headphones.

 

I'm using mine with an Audio GD NFB-12. And also straight out of my laptop when I'm at work.

post #21 of 161
Thread Starter 

Listening to Deadmau5 Random album title. Sounds Awesome!

post #22 of 161

 Pearl Jam 2013 tour. Laptop>Modi>Bottlehead Crack. I use them with my project sunrise II a lot also :beyersmile:

post #23 of 161
Thread Starter 

Nice! Yeah Pearl Jam does sound real good on these too.


Edited by Matrixnobu - 3/24/14 at 4:04pm
post #24 of 161

80-ohm and 250-ohm crowds can't get along and 250-ohm fans have seceded from the main thread?

Come on, people.

Was the original thread always titled after the 80-ohm version?

What have you folks done?

post #25 of 161

Do they really sound that different, or do they require different amps to drive causing a different sound?

post #26 of 161

80-ohm is bassier, the 250-ohm is more balanced.  Depending on the amplifier in question, they can both be run from the same amp.

post #27 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
 

80-ohm is bassier, the 250-ohm is more balanced.  Depending on the amplifier in question, they can both be run from the same amp.

Thanx for the reply!

That helps.

post #28 of 161
FWIW i didnt like the 80 ohm. Too flabby in the bass and no mids. IMO of course
post #29 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidmop View Post

FWIW i didnt like the 80 ohm. Too flabby in the bass and no mids. IMO of course

Thank you, I am leaning toward the 880 250 , or the Sony, MDR-MA900 currently.

post #30 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidmop View Post

FWIW i didnt like the 80 ohm. Too flabby in the bass and no mids. IMO of course

You could buy ten new DT770-80s, and few or none would sound the same. Some may have flabby bass, one may have rock-solid bass. Most would fall in between.
I noticed from having repaired a few dozen, whether I did it for others or sold them over fleabay to rake in extra cash. My own 250 is an in between, and I'm not OCD'd enough to buy more to score a "golden" sample.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread