Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread - Page 10

post #136 of 161
Yes Foobar working good with external DAC,
Open Foobar2000 and select File | Preferences and the Preferences window opens
Go to Playback choose Output, in Device you can choose your DAC and Output data format 24-bit .

I enjoyed listening smooth jazz on my DELL laptop and HiFIme DIY DAC feed DT770/250 Ohm.Output of DELL strong enough for this cans.


~ron~
Edited by jazzwave - 5/18/14 at 5:41am
post #137 of 161

 

A bit off topic but I have found the right headphone for Arkham scores , the 770s sub-bass presence and extension does great justice to scores in general , best buy so far ! 

post #138 of 161

I'm a new here,so just thanks for sharing!

post #139 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzwave View Post

Yes Foobar working good with external DAC,
Open Foobar2000 and select File | Preferences and the Preferences window opens
Go to Playback choose Output, in Device you can choose your DAC and Output data format 24-bit .

I enjoyed listening smooth jazz on my DELL laptop and HiFIme DIY DAC feed DT770/250 Ohm.Output of DELL strong enough for this cans.


~ron~


Ok. Will try it out when I have the time. Thanks for that!

post #140 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzwave View Post

Yes Foobar working good with external DAC,
Open Foobar2000 and select File | Preferences and the Preferences window opens
Go to Playback choose Output, in Device you can choose your DAC and Output data format 24-bit .

I enjoyed listening smooth jazz on my DELL laptop and HiFIme DIY DAC feed DT770/250 Ohm.Output of DELL strong enough for this cans.


~ron~

 

I'm getting a new HP laptop. Hopefully it sounds as good with 770's as my old one did or I'm going to be bummed! It's a crapshoot when it comes to laptop audio.

post #141 of 161
Thread Starter 

I use Hp laptops at work and they seem to have a decent soundcard. But I've never tried them with my 770's. Let us know how it goes.

post #142 of 161

I'm happy to report my new hp laptop sounds pretty good...... :dt880smile:

 

I was scared at first cuz it had some enhancement software mucking up the sound, but once disabled and a couple hours of burn-in we are good to go.

post #143 of 161

For people thinking about a portable setup with the dt770's I would go with the ibasso dx90 without a amp as I think it sounds really well in my opinion.

post #144 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilman0527 View Post
 

For people thinking about a portable setup with the dt770's I would go with the ibasso dx90 without a amp as I think it sounds really well in my opinion.

 

In other words, you have not heard that combo, have you?  You just speculate that it should be good?  =p

post #145 of 161

What's a good desktop amp to power these? I'm using a E07K as couldn't get sound card I bought working but being a bit of a novice audiophile I didn't do my research and I've since discovered that these just don't have enough power to get the best out of the 770's.

 

I've spent some time researching my options and what I have come up with is:

 

Buy E09K and use E07K as an dac

or

Schiit Magni & Modi

 

Has anyone got any experience of these with the 770's? I'm not too bothered about the portability factor as I never listen to music outside the house. From what I've read both of these would power the 770's fine and buying the E09K would mean the E07K would have a use.

 

Has anyone got any other recommendations for around the same price? Bearing in mind I'm from the UK and may not be able to source such amps/dacs here. 

 

Thanks.

post #146 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol View Post
 

What's a good desktop amp to power these? I'm using a E07K as couldn't get sound card I bought working but being a bit of a novice audiophile I didn't do my research and I've since discovered that these just don't have enough power to get the best out of the 770's.

Has anyone got any experience of these with the 770's? I'm not too bothered about the portability factor as I never listen to music outside the house. From what I've read both of these would power the 770's fine and buying the E09K would mean the E07K would have a use.

Has anyone got any other recommendations for around the same price? Bearing in mind I'm from the UK and may not be able to source such amps/dacs here. 

 

Epiphany Acoustics » EHP-O2D Miniature Desktop Headphone Amplifier with USB DAC, 167 GBP
Sell off the E07K to help pay for the EPH-02D.
post #147 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

Epiphany Acoustics » EHP-O2D Miniature Desktop Headphone Amplifier with USB DAC, 167 GBP
Sell off the E07K to help pay for the EPH-02D.

 

Thanks for the quick reply!

 

Is that the UK's equivalent of JDS Lab's Objective2 would you say?

 

On the specs what value is it that tells me what the maximum ohms supported is? With the FiiO range their website tells you the minimum and maximum ohm value but can't see such a thing for that. 

post #148 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by protocol View Post
 

Thanks for the quick reply!

Is that the UK's equivalent of JDS Lab's Objective2 would you say?

On the specs what value is it that tells me what the maximum ohms supported is? With the FiiO range their website tells you the minimum and maximum ohm value but can't see such a thing for that. 

 

The EPH-02D is the ODAC USB DAC and O2 (Objective 2) head amp built into one unit.

The JDS Labs O2 and Epiphany Acoustics EPH-02D headphone amplifiers use the same amplifier design.

I own the O2, it can drive all my headphones, from 32-Ohm to 600-Ohm.

post #149 of 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

 

The EPH-02D is the ODAC USB DAC and O2 (Objective 2) head amp built into one unit.

The JDS Labs O2 and Epiphany Acoustics EPH-02D headphone amplifiers use the same amplifier design.

I own the O2, it can drive all my headphones, from 32-Ohm to 600-Ohm.

 

Ah I see. Thanks for the help and information again. Looks like it will be ideal for my needs then and works out cheaper than going down the Schiit route. Looking forward to giving it a try and seeing what the 770's are capable of. 

post #150 of 161

Big fan of the DT770 Pro 250ohm's.  Currently listening to Explosions In the Sky on them and they sound great (to me at least)!  I listen to a lot of post rock, post hardcore, classic rock, post metal, classical, etc and I really enjoy the sound of these with everything I listen too.

 

I'm still new to Head-Fi but so far it seems to be a great community!  Glad to be here!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread