New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Studio Headphones - Page 13

post #181 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinValentine View Post
 

 

As far as I know. 

THANKS^

post #182 of 353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post
 

Ultrasone has made many listeners wary because it's an inconsistent firm. 

 

I've read good things about the Sig Pro ... and bad things about several of their other products (this one, notably).

post #183 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

I've read good things about the Sig Pro ... and bad things about several of their other products (this one, notably).

 

I was trying to account for why the public might not be snapping them up, besides the price.

post #184 of 353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post
 

I was trying to account for why the public might not be snapping them up, besides the price.

 

And I was agreeing with you.

post #185 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

THANKS^

 

Yes, sorry about that! Perhaps there should be a forum rule forbidding the use of such acronyms. I actually generally dislike them, but I've been polluted by internet forums!

post #186 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseree View Post
 

The MDR-7520 is not so flat. Its sound is just like "turning VCF resonance knob to the right". 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

 

So there's a ringing peak followed by a cutoff? But where in the FR band?

 

 

I don't hear that at all!  The mid bass is possibly a bit north of neutral but other than that it sounds pretty flat, and certainly very extended, to me...............

 

I would lend Tyll my own pair for review if I lived in the States, but hopefully Sony will oblige!

post #187 of 353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
 

Yes, sorry about that! Perhaps there should be a forum rule forbidding the use of such acronyms. I actually generally dislike them, but I've been polluted by internet forums!

 

 

post #188 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

 

:)

post #189 of 353

id like to add the JVC MX10-B into the mix I took a blind jump with them and have never been happier as far as a studio monitor set goes.

post #190 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

lol

post #191 of 353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad View Post
 

id like to add the JVC MX10-B into the mix I took a blind jump with them 

 

I Googled this model, which I didn't know, and found ... your thread:p

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad View Post
 

and have never been happier as far as a studio monitor set goes.

 

Compared to which other models?

post #192 of 353
ive only had a fair time with the sony V6 and Shure 440 and it quit handily bested them in neutrality and clarity. Most notable was the timbre the JVC just sounded much more natural. Eventually a co worker of mine will let me audition his LCD-2s just for giggles to see how it stacks but atm im more than happy with them. I dont use them for production but listening mostly. I listen to everything from country to metal and rap lately daft punk has taken most of my play time and im helplessly in love with how well the JVCs sound ,Its neutral but at the same time very musical
post #193 of 353

Perfect thread, just what I was looking for lol.

post #194 of 353
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseree View Post
 

Recently, some audio shops sell K812, but it is too expensive for me (now I want moog Sub37 instead of K812, lol).

 

Just in: Tyll doesn't like the K812.

 

And while we're at it, a couple of posts from a Head-Fier comparing the MDR-7520, the HP50, and the Spirit Pro:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682534/sony-mdr-7520/1095#post_10326370
http://www.head-fi.org/t/682534/sony-mdr-7520/1110#post_10326542

post #195 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

Just in: Tyll doesn't like the K812.

But nobody's been willing to confirm or disconfirm his findings about the treble using his test tracks because they're chicken.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home