- 19 Posts. Joined 4/2004
- Location: DFW Area
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SR60i driver Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:50pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-60i and iGrado **READ OP** Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do the Koss Portapros compare to Grado SR60i? Last post on 5/16/14 at 2:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Frequency response of the Grado SR60i Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:07am in Headphones (full-size)
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Project Ember Tube Rolling - Page 15
post #211 of 213
8/24/14 at 9:14pm
Posted this in another thread for the PS and PS2 tube rolling but have the Ember. I'd like to pop into this thread and give you my top 2 tubes for the Project Ember. The Telefunkun 1962 12AT7 and the Amperex Feb 1958 D or Square Getter (don't know the difference between the 2). 2nd place goes to the TFK 1968 E88CC from Upscale and a 1965 Amperex BB small O getter. However, The Siemens and Halske E88CC Grey Shield has the best midrange though. Headphones I use the most are Senns HD600 and HIFIMan He-500s. IMHO only.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #212 of 213
8/25/14 at 9:34am
post #213 of 213
8/25/14 at 6:55pm
I will agree with that. Telefunken and Amperex are by far the best sounding tubes I've tied. I own a nice handful of different brand tubes. all of them but two are vintage.
- Project Ember Tube Rolling
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3361 Active Users (581 Members and 2780 Guests)
- › Tralucent DacAmp One - Introduction - Impressions Thread. 21 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO 30 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 Clear - Brand new! - PRICE CUT 2 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)