The price more than 10 times Hugo about 16.000 GBPound
Edited by rudi0504 - 3/7/14 at 5:00pm
If you're using Mac you can find it by:
1. Clicking the Apple icon on the top left corner
2. Press "About This Mac" button
3. Select "More Info..."
4. Select "System report..."
5. On the left hand side select "USB" under "Hardware"
6. Look for "Hugo" and press it.
7. In the bottom half window you'll find the detail information of Hugo.
If you're using PC you can find it by:
1. In Device Manager select Audio, Video and Game Controller
2. You'll see device name of "Chord Async ISB 44.1kHz-384kHz
3. Choose it and select "Property"
4. Choose "Detail" tab
5. At the "Hardware ID" column you can find the version info.
Imo, it would be much better if it defaulted to the last input selected before it was swiched off, which is most likely what you'll want to use again. My last DAC defaulted to usb and that was highly annoying if you usually wanted coaxial.
Hopefully the good guys at Chord will address that in a future firmware update
Where did you buy yours from ? Or better to say, where are you from ?
Bro, I Can tell You hugo Dac Technology is More advanced than that cdplayer (the cd player use older technology from qbd dac which cost 5 times hugo) mk 3 tap length is 18000 tap length, hugo has 26000 tap length, Even the Chord Chief , John Frank Said, Hugo is the best Dac Chord Have made , It's Chord Reference.
in theory everything from Chord Product from cd player to dac , hugo is number 1.
so we must proud to have chord best dac now , i have seen somewhere somebody said this not 2k dac it is 20k dac hahaha.
my prediction in future soon chord will replace their flagship dac qbd with something that use hugo dac inside desktop case dac with more feature like ram buffering, better pcb,and lower price than qbd.
any news about availability of the new casing in the channel. I get different answers from different dealers. Some say it is already available, other say "4 weeks" !??