Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:05 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 4/24/16 at 9:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
Chord Hugo - Page 59post #871 of 133383/5/14 at 10:13pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #872 of 133383/5/14 at 10:42pmpost #873 of 133383/5/14 at 11:34pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
Another place to download and compare DSD vs PCM. It's fee BTW.post #874 of 133383/6/14 at 12:01am
To sumerize, if I want to play FLAC 48KHz max. A modded iPod is enough, and if I want to play DXD only iPhone ou iPad can!
That is right?
So I need to buy an iPad and put a Seagate wireless Plus to hold my filespost #875 of 133383/6/14 at 1:00ampost #876 of 133383/6/14 at 1:10amQuote:
But it is not cheap anymore.
It is impossible to rockbox your classic and find a line out which bypass the iPod DAC and connect in coaxial who does not cost 600$?
(Even when I write that I'm laughing)Quote:The "modded" part really meant any iPad with CCK while iOS version should be at least 5.x in order to install Seagate Media App
And then iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4/4S/5/5S must be running iOS 7.x because of the CCK requirement for both iPod Touch as well as iPhone.
Of course the caveat could be shorter battery life as a result of adding CCK.
And with this way I need to convert my FLAC to ALAC?
Edited by zekioflo - 3/6/14 at 1:20ampost #877 of 133383/6/14 at 1:33ampost #878 of 133383/6/14 at 2:33amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Crashem
I believe the Onkyo HF Player actually does DoP as opposed to native DSD.
On Android, I believe Note 3 can play DSD without any additional software. For other android devices that support USB 2.0, you need a player similar to the player to need for Onkyo HF Player for iDevices. I think USB Audio Player PRO might support DSD but someone else will need to comment on it.
Let's try to correct this misunderstanding once and for all. DoP is for native USB playback and is just a protocol for sending the file over USB .... The file is not playable on a PCM decoder as is.post #879 of 133383/6/14 at 7:32ampost #880 of 133383/6/14 at 8:12amToday I have tried Hugo with coax cable :
Source : iBasso HDP R10
Dac / Amp : chord Hugo
Headphone : LCD 3
Cable : ibasso HDP r10 > cord Hugo use coax cable about 100 USD from Kimber
Sound quality :
High : more detail and extended than use another connector like USB , optical cable , Bluetooth
I heard cymbal more presence
Mid : more natural and neutral
Bass : more weight and body , the best bass impact compare to other connector I have tried
Separation : the best separation compare to the other connectors
Soundstage : I feel more 3 D and grand
Overall : with coax sound quality from Hugo is the best and very grand like desktop dac amp > follow by USB > optical cable > Bluetooth is
Good because of noise , with android Bluetooth sound quality is better than IDevices.
IMOpost #881 of 133383/6/14 at 8:27amI just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.post #882 of 133383/6/14 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.
congratulations on your hugopost #883 of 133383/6/14 at 8:51ampost #884 of 133383/6/14 at 9:24am
I cant wait to get my hands on the Hugo. I ordered my unit 3 weeks ago but my dealer said that there is no stock till next week. I just hope that it arrives next week and I dont have to wait another two weeks. This waiting time is killing me... :D
@Mimouille , can you post a little comparison with the HM-901 and if it is possible some short impressions with the SE5's... Thanks in advance.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Sonus faber PRYMA - An Italian-Made Beauty 42 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse