Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on Today at 5:20 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 9/22/16 at 1:15am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 9/24/16 at 7:44pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Chord Hugo - Page 59post #871 of 137793/5/14 at 10:13pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #872 of 137793/5/14 at 10:42pmpost #873 of 137793/5/14 at 11:34pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
Another place to download and compare DSD vs PCM. It's fee BTW.post #874 of 137793/6/14 at 12:01am
To sumerize, if I want to play FLAC 48KHz max. A modded iPod is enough, and if I want to play DXD only iPhone ou iPad can!
That is right?
So I need to buy an iPad and put a Seagate wireless Plus to hold my filespost #875 of 137793/6/14 at 1:00ampost #876 of 137793/6/14 at 1:10amQuote:
But it is not cheap anymore.
It is impossible to rockbox your classic and find a line out which bypass the iPod DAC and connect in coaxial who does not cost 600$?
(Even when I write that I'm laughing)Quote:The "modded" part really meant any iPad with CCK while iOS version should be at least 5.x in order to install Seagate Media App
And then iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4/4S/5/5S must be running iOS 7.x because of the CCK requirement for both iPod Touch as well as iPhone.
Of course the caveat could be shorter battery life as a result of adding CCK.
And with this way I need to convert my FLAC to ALAC?
Edited by zekioflo - 3/6/14 at 1:20ampost #877 of 137793/6/14 at 1:33ampost #878 of 137793/6/14 at 2:33amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Crashem
I believe the Onkyo HF Player actually does DoP as opposed to native DSD.
On Android, I believe Note 3 can play DSD without any additional software. For other android devices that support USB 2.0, you need a player similar to the player to need for Onkyo HF Player for iDevices. I think USB Audio Player PRO might support DSD but someone else will need to comment on it.
Let's try to correct this misunderstanding once and for all. DoP is for native USB playback and is just a protocol for sending the file over USB .... The file is not playable on a PCM decoder as is.post #879 of 137793/6/14 at 7:32ampost #880 of 137793/6/14 at 8:12amToday I have tried Hugo with coax cable :
Source : iBasso HDP R10
Dac / Amp : chord Hugo
Headphone : LCD 3
Cable : ibasso HDP r10 > cord Hugo use coax cable about 100 USD from Kimber
Sound quality :
High : more detail and extended than use another connector like USB , optical cable , Bluetooth
I heard cymbal more presence
Mid : more natural and neutral
Bass : more weight and body , the best bass impact compare to other connector I have tried
Separation : the best separation compare to the other connectors
Soundstage : I feel more 3 D and grand
Overall : with coax sound quality from Hugo is the best and very grand like desktop dac amp > follow by USB > optical cable > Bluetooth is
Good because of noise , with android Bluetooth sound quality is better than IDevices.
IMOpost #881 of 137793/6/14 at 8:27amI just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.post #882 of 137793/6/14 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.
congratulations on your hugopost #883 of 137793/6/14 at 8:51ampost #884 of 137793/6/14 at 9:24am
I cant wait to get my hands on the Hugo. I ordered my unit 3 weeks ago but my dealer said that there is no stock till next week. I just hope that it arrives next week and I dont have to wait another two weeks. This waiting time is killing me... :D
@Mimouille , can you post a little comparison with the HM-901 and if it is possible some short impressions with the SE5's... Thanks in advance.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › IE800 ear tips 3 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 48 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 6 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 7 minutes ago
- › STAX SR 009 - AMAZING 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 10 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 10 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 11 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...