Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:54 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 12:06 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is the wooden...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
Chord Hugo - Page 59post #871 of 136263/5/14 at 10:13pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #872 of 136263/5/14 at 10:42pmpost #873 of 136263/5/14 at 11:34pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
Another place to download and compare DSD vs PCM. It's fee BTW.post #874 of 136263/6/14 at 12:01am
To sumerize, if I want to play FLAC 48KHz max. A modded iPod is enough, and if I want to play DXD only iPhone ou iPad can!
That is right?
So I need to buy an iPad and put a Seagate wireless Plus to hold my filespost #875 of 136263/6/14 at 1:00ampost #876 of 136263/6/14 at 1:10amQuote:
But it is not cheap anymore.
It is impossible to rockbox your classic and find a line out which bypass the iPod DAC and connect in coaxial who does not cost 600$?
(Even when I write that I'm laughing)Quote:The "modded" part really meant any iPad with CCK while iOS version should be at least 5.x in order to install Seagate Media App
And then iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4/4S/5/5S must be running iOS 7.x because of the CCK requirement for both iPod Touch as well as iPhone.
Of course the caveat could be shorter battery life as a result of adding CCK.
And with this way I need to convert my FLAC to ALAC?
Edited by zekioflo - 3/6/14 at 1:20ampost #877 of 136263/6/14 at 1:33ampost #878 of 136263/6/14 at 2:33amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Crashem
I believe the Onkyo HF Player actually does DoP as opposed to native DSD.
On Android, I believe Note 3 can play DSD without any additional software. For other android devices that support USB 2.0, you need a player similar to the player to need for Onkyo HF Player for iDevices. I think USB Audio Player PRO might support DSD but someone else will need to comment on it.
Let's try to correct this misunderstanding once and for all. DoP is for native USB playback and is just a protocol for sending the file over USB .... The file is not playable on a PCM decoder as is.post #879 of 136263/6/14 at 7:32ampost #880 of 136263/6/14 at 8:12amToday I have tried Hugo with coax cable :
Source : iBasso HDP R10
Dac / Amp : chord Hugo
Headphone : LCD 3
Cable : ibasso HDP r10 > cord Hugo use coax cable about 100 USD from Kimber
Sound quality :
High : more detail and extended than use another connector like USB , optical cable , Bluetooth
I heard cymbal more presence
Mid : more natural and neutral
Bass : more weight and body , the best bass impact compare to other connector I have tried
Separation : the best separation compare to the other connectors
Soundstage : I feel more 3 D and grand
Overall : with coax sound quality from Hugo is the best and very grand like desktop dac amp > follow by USB > optical cable > Bluetooth is
Good because of noise , with android Bluetooth sound quality is better than IDevices.
IMOpost #881 of 136263/6/14 at 8:27amI just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.post #882 of 136263/6/14 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.
congratulations on your hugopost #883 of 136263/6/14 at 8:51ampost #884 of 136263/6/14 at 9:24am
I cant wait to get my hands on the Hugo. I ordered my unit 3 weeks ago but my dealer said that there is no stock till next week. I just hope that it arrives next week and I dont have to wait another two weeks. This waiting time is killing me... :D
@Mimouille , can you post a little comparison with the HM-901 and if it is possible some short impressions with the SE5's... Thanks in advance.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Samsung Note 7 - just around the corner , audiophile phone? 22 seconds ago
- › Bottle Head Crack(chromed) needs some work 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › MINT 64 Audio IEM Universal Fit 64 Audio - U10 with Adel Tech /... 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Opus OPUS #11 3 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 7 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...