Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 6/26/16 at 2:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 6/13/16 at 4:20am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
Chord Hugo - Page 59post #871 of 134903/5/14 at 10:13pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #872 of 134903/5/14 at 10:42pmpost #873 of 134903/5/14 at 11:34pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
Another place to download and compare DSD vs PCM. It's fee BTW.post #874 of 134903/6/14 at 12:01am
To sumerize, if I want to play FLAC 48KHz max. A modded iPod is enough, and if I want to play DXD only iPhone ou iPad can!
That is right?
So I need to buy an iPad and put a Seagate wireless Plus to hold my filespost #875 of 134903/6/14 at 1:00ampost #876 of 134903/6/14 at 1:10amQuote:
But it is not cheap anymore.
It is impossible to rockbox your classic and find a line out which bypass the iPod DAC and connect in coaxial who does not cost 600$?
(Even when I write that I'm laughing)Quote:The "modded" part really meant any iPad with CCK while iOS version should be at least 5.x in order to install Seagate Media App
And then iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4/4S/5/5S must be running iOS 7.x because of the CCK requirement for both iPod Touch as well as iPhone.
Of course the caveat could be shorter battery life as a result of adding CCK.
And with this way I need to convert my FLAC to ALAC?
Edited by zekioflo - 3/6/14 at 1:20ampost #877 of 134903/6/14 at 1:33ampost #878 of 134903/6/14 at 2:33amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Crashem
I believe the Onkyo HF Player actually does DoP as opposed to native DSD.
On Android, I believe Note 3 can play DSD without any additional software. For other android devices that support USB 2.0, you need a player similar to the player to need for Onkyo HF Player for iDevices. I think USB Audio Player PRO might support DSD but someone else will need to comment on it.
Let's try to correct this misunderstanding once and for all. DoP is for native USB playback and is just a protocol for sending the file over USB .... The file is not playable on a PCM decoder as is.post #879 of 134903/6/14 at 7:32ampost #880 of 134903/6/14 at 8:12amToday I have tried Hugo with coax cable :
Source : iBasso HDP R10
Dac / Amp : chord Hugo
Headphone : LCD 3
Cable : ibasso HDP r10 > cord Hugo use coax cable about 100 USD from Kimber
Sound quality :
High : more detail and extended than use another connector like USB , optical cable , Bluetooth
I heard cymbal more presence
Mid : more natural and neutral
Bass : more weight and body , the best bass impact compare to other connector I have tried
Separation : the best separation compare to the other connectors
Soundstage : I feel more 3 D and grand
Overall : with coax sound quality from Hugo is the best and very grand like desktop dac amp > follow by USB > optical cable > Bluetooth is
Good because of noise , with android Bluetooth sound quality is better than IDevices.
IMOpost #881 of 134903/6/14 at 8:27amI just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.post #882 of 134903/6/14 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.
congratulations on your hugopost #883 of 134903/6/14 at 8:51ampost #884 of 134903/6/14 at 9:24am
I cant wait to get my hands on the Hugo. I ordered my unit 3 weeks ago but my dealer said that there is no stock till next week. I just hope that it arrives next week and I dont have to wait another two weeks. This waiting time is killing me... :D
@Mimouille , can you post a little comparison with the HM-901 and if it is possible some short impressions with the SE5's... Thanks in advance.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 20 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 50 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Is this how EQ is supposed to work? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...