Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on Yesterday at 8:46 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 3:30 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Today at 2:05 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Chord Hugo - Page 59post #871 of 145633/5/14 at 10:13pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #872 of 145633/5/14 at 10:42pmpost #873 of 145633/5/14 at 11:34pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost
Another place to download and compare DSD vs PCM. It's fee BTW.post #874 of 145633/6/14 at 12:01am
To sumerize, if I want to play FLAC 48KHz max. A modded iPod is enough, and if I want to play DXD only iPhone ou iPad can!
That is right?
So I need to buy an iPad and put a Seagate wireless Plus to hold my filespost #875 of 145633/6/14 at 1:00ampost #876 of 145633/6/14 at 1:10amQuote:
But it is not cheap anymore.
It is impossible to rockbox your classic and find a line out which bypass the iPod DAC and connect in coaxial who does not cost 600$?
(Even when I write that I'm laughing)Quote:The "modded" part really meant any iPad with CCK while iOS version should be at least 5.x in order to install Seagate Media App
And then iPod Touch 5 or iPhone 4/4S/5/5S must be running iOS 7.x because of the CCK requirement for both iPod Touch as well as iPhone.
Of course the caveat could be shorter battery life as a result of adding CCK.
And with this way I need to convert my FLAC to ALAC?
Edited by zekioflo - 3/6/14 at 1:20ampost #877 of 145633/6/14 at 1:33ampost #878 of 145633/6/14 at 2:33amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Crashem
I believe the Onkyo HF Player actually does DoP as opposed to native DSD.
On Android, I believe Note 3 can play DSD without any additional software. For other android devices that support USB 2.0, you need a player similar to the player to need for Onkyo HF Player for iDevices. I think USB Audio Player PRO might support DSD but someone else will need to comment on it.
Let's try to correct this misunderstanding once and for all. DoP is for native USB playback and is just a protocol for sending the file over USB .... The file is not playable on a PCM decoder as is.post #879 of 145633/6/14 at 7:32ampost #880 of 145633/6/14 at 8:12amToday I have tried Hugo with coax cable :
Source : iBasso HDP R10
Dac / Amp : chord Hugo
Headphone : LCD 3
Cable : ibasso HDP r10 > cord Hugo use coax cable about 100 USD from Kimber
Sound quality :
High : more detail and extended than use another connector like USB , optical cable , Bluetooth
I heard cymbal more presence
Mid : more natural and neutral
Bass : more weight and body , the best bass impact compare to other connector I have tried
Separation : the best separation compare to the other connectors
Soundstage : I feel more 3 D and grand
Overall : with coax sound quality from Hugo is the best and very grand like desktop dac amp > follow by USB > optical cable > Bluetooth is
Good because of noise , with android Bluetooth sound quality is better than IDevices.
IMOpost #881 of 145633/6/14 at 8:27amI just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.post #882 of 145633/6/14 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I just received it and have not had time to try it. I can only try on my computer as I do not have the ZX1 cable yet and not sure how to connect my 901. I suppose I need to use the 901 proprietary line out can, but then I need to get a usb female to micro usb male cable.
congratulations on your hugopost #883 of 145633/6/14 at 8:51ampost #884 of 145633/6/14 at 9:24am
I cant wait to get my hands on the Hugo. I ordered my unit 3 weeks ago but my dealer said that there is no stock till next week. I just hope that it arrives next week and I dont have to wait another two weeks. This waiting time is killing me... :D
@Mimouille , can you post a little comparison with the HM-901 and if it is possible some short impressions with the SE5's... Thanks in advance.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 42 seconds ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Wondering if the Hi resolution media player can replace cd player? 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear