- 202 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- NEW Chord Electronics Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PSD and DSD Audio - Portable and Desktop,... Last post on 6/16/14 at 7:04am in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
- CHORD HUGO preview report Last post on 8/5/14 at 6:48pm in Sasaki
- Chord Electronics Hugo reference-grade DAC/headphone amp - coming Jan 2014 Last post on 12/9/13 at 1:43pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo to go (Portable DSD DAC/Amp) Last post on 1/5/14 at 3:50am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Chord Hugo - Page 551
Just went to the newsagency to flip thru this...the MSRP is 5300gbp...its bank breaking stuff for me lol
Might have to find a way to get one for a listen....
Could somebody please offer me some advice about bi-amping the Hugo?
I'm currently bi-amping the Hugo with the Taurus Mk2 to drive some power hungry cans, and I was wondering if there was an optimum volume setting for the Hugo with this setup or should I just go by whatever sounds good? I know the Hugo volume knob can't go too high because things begin to distort. I've currently got the Hugo volume at green/default.
Any advice is much appreciated. Apologies if this is an ignorant question. Just a relative noob here with lots to learn.
Let's call it "Black Ops Special Edition". I would say very nondescript or stealth but with the light show the Hugo puts on it's not really the case. It should look nice with the black leather case. Phil take some pics with the Black Hugo and the Black leather case combo. Does it have that "sparkle" like the sliver case or is it more of a mat finish? When is this "bad-boy" going to be available in the US of A?
My dealer e-mailed me and said apparently there is a new AQ Cinnamon Micro USB cable with a smaller connector that fits the Hugo and would exchange it for me.
Off course he e-mailed me after I'd already butchered mine to make it fit!
For those that are looking for a usb cable, You may want to investigate.
- Chord Hugo
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 25 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 30 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 44 seconds ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 59 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Combination of ATH-M50 with Fiio E07K? 3 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › How does driver size affect virtual surround? 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)