Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 9/30/16 at 12:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:01 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/jomo-samba-pro-audio-ciem-review/ Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Chord Hugo - Page 529post #7921 of 140008/29/14 at 11:34am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #7922 of 140008/29/14 at 2:05pmpost #7923 of 140008/29/14 at 2:12pmpost #7924 of 140008/29/14 at 3:02pmAlso anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...
Edited by SearchOfSub - 8/29/14 at 3:04pmpost #7925 of 140008/29/14 at 4:17pmQuote:When I tried it, I accidentally activated it (the first mode after off, whichever one that is). To me it made the center imaging a little more clear to me, but it made the soundstage width seem smaller. I actually enjoyed it and it's much better than whatever Light Harmonic does with their 3D Awesomifier...that crossfeed effect is just lame.Originally Posted by SearchOfSub
Also anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...post #7926 of 140008/29/14 at 4:30pm+1. Whoever using Hugo for 2 Channel setup should play around with it.
I actually preffer the feed 2. It seems to strike the right balance between fullness and transparency for my system.
Edited by SearchOfSub - 8/29/14 at 4:50pmpost #7927 of 140008/29/14 at 6:17pm
Here are Chord Electronics set-ups for the Ipswich Show...
Just turn-up & you'll be entered into the raffle-draw to win 'Hugo the Black'...
Chord's flagship Red-Reference system...
Edited by OK-Guy - 8/29/14 at 6:26pmpost #7928 of 140008/29/14 at 11:28pmpost #7929 of 140008/29/14 at 11:32pmpost #7930 of 140008/30/14 at 12:00amAlready posted before the black colour is a one-off for promotional purposes and apparently the team may not even be happy the finish of these testers is 100%!
Addressing the second query, certain countries or regions may have consumer legislation that says you can return a product within weeks of purchase under certain conditions. Nowhere can you use something for six-months and then swap it for a reason as transitory as "the colour".
What is any company going to do with boxes of returns with various degrees of scratches and usage marks. You can certainly try walking into an Apple store and ask them to swap out your six-month iPhone. Nothing wrong with it other than the colour. You will still walk out with the same handset.post #7931 of 140008/30/14 at 12:24amAfter seeing / lusting after the Red Reference in @OK-Guy's post above, it made me think - that is upscaled to 176.4khz - now, would the Hugo benefit from me upscaling my music...
I know @Rob Watts says PCM (44.1khz) is best for Hugo, but if they share the same blood-line...
Hmm... might have to have a play around with dbpoweramp....post #7932 of 140008/30/14 at 1:43am
I think you mean that using an up-sampler is a bad idea, and yes its better to let Hugo do it.The standard algorithms are poor, with insufficient tap length, just let Hugo do it properly. Now the Red reference is a 18K WTA up-sampler, and because it is a 4 times up-sampled, it is equivalent to Hugo running with 36,864 WTA taps, so you would get an improvement by using the Red reference with Hugo. But this is the only exception to the rule!
Robpost #7933 of 140008/30/14 at 1:47ampost #7934 of 140008/30/14 at 2:55amQuote:
Just get a Vertere :-)
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 21 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 42 seconds ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 4 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...