Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 2/15/17 at 4:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 2/16/17 at 11:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 2/24/17 at 12:37pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Chord Hugo - Page 529post #7921 of 147398/29/14 at 11:34am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #7922 of 147398/29/14 at 2:05pmpost #7923 of 147398/29/14 at 2:12pmpost #7924 of 147398/29/14 at 3:02pmAlso anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...
Edited by SearchOfSub - 8/29/14 at 3:04pmpost #7925 of 147398/29/14 at 4:17pmQuote:When I tried it, I accidentally activated it (the first mode after off, whichever one that is). To me it made the center imaging a little more clear to me, but it made the soundstage width seem smaller. I actually enjoyed it and it's much better than whatever Light Harmonic does with their 3D Awesomifier...that crossfeed effect is just lame.Originally Posted by SearchOfSub
Also anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...post #7926 of 147398/29/14 at 4:30pm+1. Whoever using Hugo for 2 Channel setup should play around with it.
I actually preffer the feed 2. It seems to strike the right balance between fullness and transparency for my system.
Edited by SearchOfSub - 8/29/14 at 4:50pmpost #7927 of 147398/29/14 at 6:17pm
Here are Chord Electronics set-ups for the Ipswich Show...
Just turn-up & you'll be entered into the raffle-draw to win 'Hugo the Black'...
Chord's flagship Red-Reference system...
Edited by OK-Guy - 8/29/14 at 6:26pmpost #7928 of 147398/29/14 at 11:28pmpost #7929 of 147398/29/14 at 11:32pmpost #7930 of 147398/30/14 at 12:00amAlready posted before the black colour is a one-off for promotional purposes and apparently the team may not even be happy the finish of these testers is 100%!
Addressing the second query, certain countries or regions may have consumer legislation that says you can return a product within weeks of purchase under certain conditions. Nowhere can you use something for six-months and then swap it for a reason as transitory as "the colour".
What is any company going to do with boxes of returns with various degrees of scratches and usage marks. You can certainly try walking into an Apple store and ask them to swap out your six-month iPhone. Nothing wrong with it other than the colour. You will still walk out with the same handset.post #7931 of 147398/30/14 at 12:24amAfter seeing / lusting after the Red Reference in @OK-Guy's post above, it made me think - that is upscaled to 176.4khz - now, would the Hugo benefit from me upscaling my music...
I know @Rob Watts says PCM (44.1khz) is best for Hugo, but if they share the same blood-line...
Hmm... might have to have a play around with dbpoweramp....post #7932 of 147398/30/14 at 1:43am
I think you mean that using an up-sampler is a bad idea, and yes its better to let Hugo do it.The standard algorithms are poor, with insufficient tap length, just let Hugo do it properly. Now the Red reference is a 18K WTA up-sampler, and because it is a 4 times up-sampled, it is equivalent to Hugo running with 36,864 WTA taps, so you would get an improvement by using the Red reference with Hugo. But this is the only exception to the rule!
Robpost #7933 of 147398/30/14 at 1:47ampost #7934 of 147398/30/14 at 2:55amQuote:
Just get a Vertere :-)
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 17 seconds ago
- › AKG's new K872? 1 minute ago
- › Computer/Dac playback superior to dedicated DAP playback 1 minute ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 2 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 or Fiio e10k? 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 6 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear