Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:18 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 5/16/16 at 9:01am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
Chord Hugo - Page 529post #7921 of 134028/29/14 at 11:34am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #7922 of 134028/29/14 at 2:05pmpost #7923 of 134028/29/14 at 2:12pmpost #7924 of 134028/29/14 at 3:02pmAlso anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...
Edited by SearchOfSub - 8/29/14 at 3:04pmpost #7925 of 134028/29/14 at 4:17pmQuote:When I tried it, I accidentally activated it (the first mode after off, whichever one that is). To me it made the center imaging a little more clear to me, but it made the soundstage width seem smaller. I actually enjoyed it and it's much better than whatever Light Harmonic does with their 3D Awesomifier...that crossfeed effect is just lame.Originally Posted by SearchOfSub
Also anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...post #7926 of 134028/29/14 at 4:30pm+1. Whoever using Hugo for 2 Channel setup should play around with it.
I actually preffer the feed 2. It seems to strike the right balance between fullness and transparency for my system.
Edited by SearchOfSub - 8/29/14 at 4:50pmpost #7927 of 134028/29/14 at 6:17pm
Here are Chord Electronics set-ups for the Ipswich Show...
Just turn-up & you'll be entered into the raffle-draw to win 'Hugo the Black'...
Chord's flagship Red-Reference system...
Edited by OK-Guy - 8/29/14 at 6:26pmpost #7928 of 134028/29/14 at 11:28pmpost #7929 of 134028/29/14 at 11:32pmpost #7930 of 134028/30/14 at 12:00amAlready posted before the black colour is a one-off for promotional purposes and apparently the team may not even be happy the finish of these testers is 100%!
Addressing the second query, certain countries or regions may have consumer legislation that says you can return a product within weeks of purchase under certain conditions. Nowhere can you use something for six-months and then swap it for a reason as transitory as "the colour".
What is any company going to do with boxes of returns with various degrees of scratches and usage marks. You can certainly try walking into an Apple store and ask them to swap out your six-month iPhone. Nothing wrong with it other than the colour. You will still walk out with the same handset.post #7931 of 134028/30/14 at 12:24amAfter seeing / lusting after the Red Reference in @OK-Guy's post above, it made me think - that is upscaled to 176.4khz - now, would the Hugo benefit from me upscaling my music...
I know @Rob Watts says PCM (44.1khz) is best for Hugo, but if they share the same blood-line...
Hmm... might have to have a play around with dbpoweramp....post #7932 of 134028/30/14 at 1:43am
I think you mean that using an up-sampler is a bad idea, and yes its better to let Hugo do it.The standard algorithms are poor, with insufficient tap length, just let Hugo do it properly. Now the Red reference is a 18K WTA up-sampler, and because it is a 4 times up-sampled, it is equivalent to Hugo running with 36,864 WTA taps, so you would get an improvement by using the Red reference with Hugo. But this is the only exception to the rule!
Robpost #7933 of 134028/30/14 at 1:47ampost #7934 of 134028/30/14 at 2:55amQuote:
Just get a Vertere :-)
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Saturday June 11 2016 4 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 10 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...