Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 8:42 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 7/26/16 at 10:01pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Chord Hugo - Page 529post #7921 of 135628/29/14 at 11:34am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #7922 of 135628/29/14 at 2:05pmpost #7923 of 135628/29/14 at 2:12pmpost #7924 of 135628/29/14 at 3:02pmAlso anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...
Edited by SearchOfSub - 8/29/14 at 3:04pmpost #7925 of 135628/29/14 at 4:17pmQuote:When I tried it, I accidentally activated it (the first mode after off, whichever one that is). To me it made the center imaging a little more clear to me, but it made the soundstage width seem smaller. I actually enjoyed it and it's much better than whatever Light Harmonic does with their 3D Awesomifier...that crossfeed effect is just lame.Originally Posted by SearchOfSub
Also anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...post #7926 of 135628/29/14 at 4:30pm+1. Whoever using Hugo for 2 Channel setup should play around with it.
I actually preffer the feed 2. It seems to strike the right balance between fullness and transparency for my system.
Edited by SearchOfSub - 8/29/14 at 4:50pmpost #7927 of 135628/29/14 at 6:17pm
Here are Chord Electronics set-ups for the Ipswich Show...
Just turn-up & you'll be entered into the raffle-draw to win 'Hugo the Black'...
Chord's flagship Red-Reference system...
Edited by OK-Guy - 8/29/14 at 6:26pmpost #7928 of 135628/29/14 at 11:28pmpost #7929 of 135628/29/14 at 11:32pmpost #7930 of 135628/30/14 at 12:00amAlready posted before the black colour is a one-off for promotional purposes and apparently the team may not even be happy the finish of these testers is 100%!
Addressing the second query, certain countries or regions may have consumer legislation that says you can return a product within weeks of purchase under certain conditions. Nowhere can you use something for six-months and then swap it for a reason as transitory as "the colour".
What is any company going to do with boxes of returns with various degrees of scratches and usage marks. You can certainly try walking into an Apple store and ask them to swap out your six-month iPhone. Nothing wrong with it other than the colour. You will still walk out with the same handset.post #7931 of 135628/30/14 at 12:24amAfter seeing / lusting after the Red Reference in @OK-Guy's post above, it made me think - that is upscaled to 176.4khz - now, would the Hugo benefit from me upscaling my music...
I know @Rob Watts says PCM (44.1khz) is best for Hugo, but if they share the same blood-line...
Hmm... might have to have a play around with dbpoweramp....post #7932 of 135628/30/14 at 1:43am
I think you mean that using an up-sampler is a bad idea, and yes its better to let Hugo do it.The standard algorithms are poor, with insufficient tap length, just let Hugo do it properly. Now the Red reference is a 18K WTA up-sampler, and because it is a 4 times up-sampled, it is equivalent to Hugo running with 36,864 WTA taps, so you would get an improvement by using the Red reference with Hugo. But this is the only exception to the rule!
Robpost #7933 of 135628/30/14 at 1:47ampost #7934 of 135628/30/14 at 2:55amQuote:
Just get a Vertere :-)
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Woo Audio Wee 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Headband and Ear Cups source? 2 minutes ago
- › IFI IDSD micro, wich headphones do you prefer to use with iDSD micro? 3 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Matrix M-Stage HPA-3U and HPA-3B, review to follow! 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-507, Woo Audio Wee 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...