- 1,498 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 2/15/17 at 4:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 2/16/17 at 11:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 4:30 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Chord Hugo - Page 511post #7651 of 147398/17/14 at 12:00pmJust do it old school way. Get a blade, get to the sgive and burn the blade, and start welding it down. You dint even have to force or put pressure on it really, the plastic part of the aq cable will where it keeps it from plugging in will just slice right off because of the heat..
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #7652 of 147398/17/14 at 12:01pmpost #7653 of 147398/17/14 at 12:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by SearchOfSub
Just do it old school way. Get a blade, get to the sgive and burn the blade, and start welding it down. You dint even have to force or put pressure on it really, the plastic part of the aq cable will where it keeps it from plugging in will just slice right off because of the heat..
For £1400 I don't think you should have to do thispost #7654 of 147398/17/14 at 12:10pm
I think the T1 sound better than LCD-X through Hugo. More clarity, more space, less muddy/congested in the midrange, less harsh/grainy treble.
Not what I was lead to expectpost #7655 of 147398/17/14 at 12:40pmHello Bluenile,
I was thinking i strip ends of 1 pair of cables and put - to - together, secure it with bananas, and + to + together and banana plug that together, so ill end up with 2 banana plugs for the 2 rca inputs on hugo on one end and the other end, normal connection yo speakers with 4 plugs for tweeter and woofer.
Will this work? I am totally new at this and have noidea.
Sent from my SM Galaxy Tab using Tapatalkpost #7656 of 147398/17/14 at 12:45pmQuote:
i hope we can get the iPhone 6 work with the hugo and some company cable make a cable for us to do that without the lightning cablepost #7657 of 147398/17/14 at 1:24pmpost #7658 of 147398/17/14 at 1:46pmQuote:
Actually I am listening to Eric Bibb re iPad and its playing DSD 128 files direct to Hugo no problem using the Onkyo HF Player app. Sounds very good.post #7659 of 147398/17/14 at 2:11pmpost #7660 of 147398/17/14 at 9:09pmpost #7661 of 147398/17/14 at 9:19pmpost #7662 of 147398/17/14 at 9:29pm
I always want to try these and should be able to drive directly from Hugopost #7663 of 147398/17/14 at 10:09pmHi cosmicholyghost,
Thanks for the link!
I have a pair of AQ rocket 88 speakers which i bought for 800.00 and nano ICs with furutech which i bought for 300.00.. i really dont want to degrade down to 5.00 cables and sell my current cables for half price..
I am kinda getting idea, can i just use my ICs rca plug on one end of the cable with the rocket 88 speaker cables i currently have?
I have soldered speaker cables before and i thought rca ICs and speaker cables are soldered the same way but i guess they are soldered dufferently..
Sent from my SM Galaxy Tab using Tapatalkpost #7664 of 147398/17/14 at 10:50pmpost #7665 of 147398/17/14 at 11:40pm
Will driving passive speakers "kill" either the amp or speakers over the long term? On a similar note, is this what some balanced DAC/Preamps are also able to do via the balanced out?
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 37 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 8 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 12 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 14 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear