- 1,005 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 6/13/16 at 4:20am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Chord Hugo - Page 511post #7651 of 134888/17/14 at 12:00pmJust do it old school way. Get a blade, get to the sgive and burn the blade, and start welding it down. You dint even have to force or put pressure on it really, the plastic part of the aq cable will where it keeps it from plugging in will just slice right off because of the heat..
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #7652 of 134888/17/14 at 12:01pmpost #7653 of 134888/17/14 at 12:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by SearchOfSub
Just do it old school way. Get a blade, get to the sgive and burn the blade, and start welding it down. You dint even have to force or put pressure on it really, the plastic part of the aq cable will where it keeps it from plugging in will just slice right off because of the heat..
For £1400 I don't think you should have to do thispost #7654 of 134888/17/14 at 12:10pm
I think the T1 sound better than LCD-X through Hugo. More clarity, more space, less muddy/congested in the midrange, less harsh/grainy treble.
Not what I was lead to expectpost #7655 of 134888/17/14 at 12:40pmHello Bluenile,
I was thinking i strip ends of 1 pair of cables and put - to - together, secure it with bananas, and + to + together and banana plug that together, so ill end up with 2 banana plugs for the 2 rca inputs on hugo on one end and the other end, normal connection yo speakers with 4 plugs for tweeter and woofer.
Will this work? I am totally new at this and have noidea.
Sent from my SM Galaxy Tab using Tapatalkpost #7656 of 134888/17/14 at 12:45pmQuote:
i hope we can get the iPhone 6 work with the hugo and some company cable make a cable for us to do that without the lightning cablepost #7657 of 134888/17/14 at 1:24pmpost #7658 of 134888/17/14 at 1:46pmQuote:
Actually I am listening to Eric Bibb re iPad and its playing DSD 128 files direct to Hugo no problem using the Onkyo HF Player app. Sounds very good.post #7659 of 134888/17/14 at 2:11pmpost #7660 of 134888/17/14 at 9:09pmpost #7661 of 134888/17/14 at 9:19pmpost #7662 of 134888/17/14 at 9:29pm
I always want to try these and should be able to drive directly from Hugopost #7663 of 134888/17/14 at 10:09pmHi cosmicholyghost,
Thanks for the link!
I have a pair of AQ rocket 88 speakers which i bought for 800.00 and nano ICs with furutech which i bought for 300.00.. i really dont want to degrade down to 5.00 cables and sell my current cables for half price..
I am kinda getting idea, can i just use my ICs rca plug on one end of the cable with the rocket 88 speaker cables i currently have?
I have soldered speaker cables before and i thought rca ICs and speaker cables are soldered the same way but i guess they are soldered dufferently..
Sent from my SM Galaxy Tab using Tapatalkpost #7664 of 134888/17/14 at 10:50pmpost #7665 of 134888/17/14 at 11:40pm
Will driving passive speakers "kill" either the amp or speakers over the long term? On a similar note, is this what some balanced DAC/Preamps are also able to do via the balanced out?
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 15 seconds ago
- › Baffling Hum Issue 33 seconds ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 1 minute ago
- › IC/WTB: Garage1217 Project Polaris 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand new barely used FOSTEX TH-900 MK2 for sale. 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...