Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- NEW Chord Electronics Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PSD and DSD Audio - Portable and Desktop,... Last post on 6/16/14 at 7:04am in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
- CHORD HUGO preview report Last post on 8/5/14 at 6:48pm in Sasaki
- Chord Electronics Hugo reference-grade DAC/headphone amp - coming Jan 2014 Last post on 12/9/13 at 1:43pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo to go (Portable DSD DAC/Amp) Last post on 1/5/14 at 3:50am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Chord Hugo - Page 424
Agreed dx90 / Hugo is a great combo. I don't feel the need to upgrade the transport.
What is the actual electrical input that the hugo takes? I have a LPS with extra rail and curious if it will make any difference even though it shouldn't.
For above poster, I believe hugo is lithion battery so always at full charge will decrease life of battery. You should run it down and charge back up.
In my opinion I don't think the above comment is not strictly true, If the batteries are held at a voltage higher than 4.2 volts it would be the case but chord appear to have sophisticated charging circuitry built into Hugo that ensures the batteries never exceed 4.2 volts and keeping Hugo's wall wart power source in all the time will be fine and will not degrade the life of the batteries.
We can do a limited quantity of these!
Just thinking out loud - should the moderators create a sticky post where people would list all the cables (USB, toslink, coaxial, adaptors, etc) that fit the Hugo? The same questions on the cables and adaptors seem to be repeated again and again, and it's hard to blame anyone not reading through 400+ pages to find the answers that have already been provided. The sticky would be a very helpful resource for all the new Hugo buyers.
What material are those cables? Seems not listed on the website
May order together with that V-something usb cable that fits Hugo?
For me I let things discharge and I do not think it is a good idea to leave a device of any kind with batteries plugged it all,the time or at least what unattended. Batteries can basically explode or go on fire just google u tube on battery fires. .
I am in no way saying the hugo is anything less then a great product ,however it is not a good idea to leave it plugged in all,the time if not being used . In doing this you are engaging the charging circuit all the time and it's not the battery life I care about here .,it's that a simple malfunction and this hugo is on fire. Now it's good it is in the metal case but even your cell phone can start to burn up and thus is the same thing. I am sure it's rare like cell phones or other devices but why temp fate 24/7. So sorry to dis agree to mr watts ,but for safety reasons I feel it is nit a good idea .
Just my thoughts .
Sound advice.... for me I try to remember to turn it off / unplug once in a while but it had been plugged in mostly for the past month or so. But you're right we shouldn't temp fate 24/7. I am most sure it's ok under normal circumstances but I certainly don't want anything plugged in on my grid or something went wrong with the electricity company's distribution and fry my Hugo.... better be safe than sorry.
- Chord Hugo
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 30 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Great headsets for around $100? 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Heir Audio 4.a 9 minutes ago
- › Volume problem with my Corsair SP2500 due to blown fuse. 9 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)