Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 8/25/15 at 8:24am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 3:46 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 8/25/15 at 12:12pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- NEW Chord Electronics Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PSD and DSD Audio - Portable and Desktop,... Last post on 6/16/14 at 7:04am in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Chord Hugo - Page 424
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Agreed dx90 / Hugo is a great combo. I don't feel the need to upgrade the transport.
What is the actual electrical input that the hugo takes? I have a LPS with extra rail and curious if it will make any difference even though it shouldn't.
For above poster, I believe hugo is lithion battery so always at full charge will decrease life of battery. You should run it down and charge back up.
In my opinion I don't think the above comment is not strictly true, If the batteries are held at a voltage higher than 4.2 volts it would be the case but chord appear to have sophisticated charging circuitry built into Hugo that ensures the batteries never exceed 4.2 volts and keeping Hugo's wall wart power source in all the time will be fine and will not degrade the life of the batteries.
We can do a limited quantity of these!
Just thinking out loud - should the moderators create a sticky post where people would list all the cables (USB, toslink, coaxial, adaptors, etc) that fit the Hugo? The same questions on the cables and adaptors seem to be repeated again and again, and it's hard to blame anyone not reading through 400+ pages to find the answers that have already been provided. The sticky would be a very helpful resource for all the new Hugo buyers.
What material are those cables? Seems not listed on the website
May order together with that V-something usb cable that fits Hugo?
For me I let things discharge and I do not think it is a good idea to leave a device of any kind with batteries plugged it all,the time or at least what unattended. Batteries can basically explode or go on fire just google u tube on battery fires. .
I am in no way saying the hugo is anything less then a great product ,however it is not a good idea to leave it plugged in all,the time if not being used . In doing this you are engaging the charging circuit all the time and it's not the battery life I care about here .,it's that a simple malfunction and this hugo is on fire. Now it's good it is in the metal case but even your cell phone can start to burn up and thus is the same thing. I am sure it's rare like cell phones or other devices but why temp fate 24/7. So sorry to dis agree to mr watts ,but for safety reasons I feel it is nit a good idea .
Just my thoughts .
Sound advice.... for me I try to remember to turn it off / unplug once in a while but it had been plugged in mostly for the past month or so. But you're right we shouldn't temp fate 24/7. I am most sure it's ok under normal circumstances but I certainly don't want anything plugged in on my grid or something went wrong with the electricity company's distribution and fry my Hugo.... better be safe than sorry.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › omg i love my new monoprice 5" studio monitors!! 6 seconds ago
- › Westone W40 / Excellent condition! / Free shipping! 49 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2