or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 420

post #6286 of 13539

Personal opinion only and from experience of me only trying my Sonos with optical and coax I prefer the coaxial....

 

Regards

 

Phil

post #6287 of 13539
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilW View Post

Hi all, okay......what has happened??? I have had no further than 8 emails this morning from a few people at Head-Fi asking if the Optichord fits the Hugo. Reading above I can see why. :-)

Conclusively the Optichord does NOT fit the Hugo and so please do not purchase it for this purpose. However the only decent quality Optical that we do that fits is the van den Hul Optocoupler! Tell everyone! LOL

I have just taken a picture of the latest version for you, I hope it helps.






I
I've got this cable and it will not do 24/192
post #6288 of 13539

Ive just played a 24/192 of Anita Baker - Soul inspiration from my AK240 to the Hugo absolutely fine with this cable :S

post #6289 of 13539

can your

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethatsound View Post


I've got this cable and it will not do 24/192

can your source be limiting the optical output to 24/96?

post #6290 of 13539
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkjunk View Post

can your
can your source be limiting the optical output to 24/96?
the optical cable I got with the hugo does 24/192.the van den hul, the optocoupler mk 2 does not do 24/192, or is there a different version of this cable?
post #6291 of 13539
I'd recommend just getting the sysconcept one. It support 24/192 and connectors fit snuggly. It's not an audio company but they specialized in making optical fibre cables and other optical fibre related products. Can customize length, shape (U shape for stacking or normal cable), thickness of the cable, and color of the connectors (both toslink or 3.5mm).
post #6292 of 13539
.Hugo_to_AK240.jpg

AK240_to_Hugo_2_2mm.jpeg
Edited by kkcc - 7/9/14 at 7:01am
post #6293 of 13539

I found that the optical cable that came with my Hugo supports 24/192, out of the AK240 at least.

post #6294 of 13539
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrondaniel View Post

I found that the optical cable that came with my Hugo supports 24/192, out of the AK240 at least.

Lucky you, mine didn't. Mine is the revised case/package version.
post #6295 of 13539
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Lucky you, mine didn't. Mine is the revised case/package version.

 

Mine should be revised version as well?  Got it in June from Moon Audio.

post #6296 of 13539
Are you sure you clicked it in far enough?
post #6297 of 13539
I have the Blue Dragon Optical cable from Moon Audio and it fits the Hugo (revised case) and my Mac Mini very we'll. Also looks to be well made...
post #6298 of 13539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujew View Post

I have the Blue Dragon Optical cable from Moon Audio and it fits the Hugo (revised case) and my Mac Mini very we'll. Also looks to be well made...

Any comments on what it does to the sound?

post #6299 of 13539
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisse muller View Post

Are you sure you clicked it in far enough?

 

Yes. And I don't think I'm the only one who reported stock not going above 24/96.... (btw this is the stock white short optical toslink to 3.5mm cable pairing with AK240)

post #6300 of 13539
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

 

Yes. And I don't think I'm the only one who reported stock not going above 24/96.... (btw this is the stock white short optical toslink to 3.5mm cable pairing with AK240)

if you are using the mini toslink out of a mac, the mac is limited to 24/96 from its optical output

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum