Sorry, I didn't mean to upset the Hugonomics school of thought.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 12/5/16 at 1:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:46 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 12:08 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Chord Hugo - Page 409post #6121 of 143387/5/14 at 10:26am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6123 of 143387/5/14 at 10:34amQuote:
it's a device that meets everyone's needs whether static, transportable or mobile, everyone has different uses... Team Chord should be roundly applauded for giving us such a versatile device in the Hugo...post #6125 of 143387/5/14 at 10:43ampost #6127 of 143387/5/14 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW
Yea someone understands me 😆😆😆
There is atleast three designs. If not more . The wholes changed size twice. , the color of the output jacks changed and according to ted there was a change in components inside . Something to do with the usb I think he said. So for me we should do a compile of serial numbers so we may know what happened and when. I can post my insides and serial number with pics . It would be nice if someone can take the info and make a chart to follow.
hmm, then the unsubstantiated rumors of a fourth change with sound improvement may be true?
FWIW, I emailed the distributor, Blue Bird Music, to try to confirm or deny these claims and never received a reply.post #6128 of 143387/5/14 at 11:04amQuote:
Matt told me a few months ago there were no plans for a DAP, I did pester him a few times but I think the growl stopped me from pushing my luck.post #6129 of 143387/5/14 at 11:11amQuote:
there's a idea but can you imagine the future though.... Head-Fi 'meets' where the only thing on display with headphones is the Hugo & Chord's desktop range, they'd butcher & corner the market...post #6130 of 143387/5/14 at 11:39amThe hugo has made me look around and take off my ie800's a couple of times to see where a sound was coming from.
One was a slam another (forgot the song). just now, cymbals to the left from gavin degraw's chariot stripped album.
Ymmv but for me, i'm loving my hugo. It sleeps next to me everyday together with my ak120 and ie800. Glad the wife isn't complaining.
Edited by mrmax - 7/5/14 at 11:42ampost #6131 of 143387/5/14 at 11:40ampost #6132 of 143387/5/14 at 12:18pm
I get signal drops with the AQ adapter before I did my own version of wood carving. The AQ adapter was barely in the socket was the cause.
Looked at the adapter and kind of unhappy with its construction. Putting a very good USB cable but terminating with adapter seems like you are hobbling your usb cable and not worth the time. I ended up with AQ Cinnamon micro to USB cable as it was the only one I could find made by bigger name cable company. Had to strip the red housing to get it to fit as it was worse than the AQ adapter, but fits fine after than.post #6133 of 143387/5/14 at 12:25pm
1) Can anyone confirm that any original chasis owners have gotten the RCA adapters from Chord? I've written a few emails but haven't gotten a response from Chord. Would be nice to retire these blue jean $8 adapters.
2) Anyone have the link or can tell me which post had the link to where you can buy the AC adapter being used by Chord? I know I saw a post, but after 20 minutes skimming the thread and searching under ac adapter, no luck finding the link/post. I need an extra one.post #6135 of 143387/5/14 at 1:40pmQuote:
Al... the current Hugo is the final version de-facto mate, so don't hold your breath cause you'll either feint or die...
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 20 seconds ago
- › V-MODA VAMP: DEVELOPMENT/REVIEWS/PICS/ETC 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo 34 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 3 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear