Sorry, I didn't mean to upset the Hugonomics school of thought.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 2/15/17 at 4:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 3/15/17 at 3:56am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 8:03 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Chord Hugo - Page 409post #6121 of 148147/5/14 at 10:26am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #6123 of 148147/5/14 at 10:34amQuote:
it's a device that meets everyone's needs whether static, transportable or mobile, everyone has different uses... Team Chord should be roundly applauded for giving us such a versatile device in the Hugo...post #6125 of 148147/5/14 at 10:43ampost #6127 of 148147/5/14 at 10:57amQuote:Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW
Yea someone understands me 😆😆😆
There is atleast three designs. If not more . The wholes changed size twice. , the color of the output jacks changed and according to ted there was a change in components inside . Something to do with the usb I think he said. So for me we should do a compile of serial numbers so we may know what happened and when. I can post my insides and serial number with pics . It would be nice if someone can take the info and make a chart to follow.
hmm, then the unsubstantiated rumors of a fourth change with sound improvement may be true?
FWIW, I emailed the distributor, Blue Bird Music, to try to confirm or deny these claims and never received a reply.post #6128 of 148147/5/14 at 11:04amQuote:
Matt told me a few months ago there were no plans for a DAP, I did pester him a few times but I think the growl stopped me from pushing my luck.post #6129 of 148147/5/14 at 11:11amQuote:
there's a idea but can you imagine the future though.... Head-Fi 'meets' where the only thing on display with headphones is the Hugo & Chord's desktop range, they'd butcher & corner the market...post #6130 of 148147/5/14 at 11:39amThe hugo has made me look around and take off my ie800's a couple of times to see where a sound was coming from.
One was a slam another (forgot the song). just now, cymbals to the left from gavin degraw's chariot stripped album.
Ymmv but for me, i'm loving my hugo. It sleeps next to me everyday together with my ak120 and ie800. Glad the wife isn't complaining.
Edited by mrmax - 7/5/14 at 11:42ampost #6131 of 148147/5/14 at 11:40ampost #6132 of 148147/5/14 at 12:18pm
I get signal drops with the AQ adapter before I did my own version of wood carving. The AQ adapter was barely in the socket was the cause.
Looked at the adapter and kind of unhappy with its construction. Putting a very good USB cable but terminating with adapter seems like you are hobbling your usb cable and not worth the time. I ended up with AQ Cinnamon micro to USB cable as it was the only one I could find made by bigger name cable company. Had to strip the red housing to get it to fit as it was worse than the AQ adapter, but fits fine after than.post #6133 of 148147/5/14 at 12:25pm
1) Can anyone confirm that any original chasis owners have gotten the RCA adapters from Chord? I've written a few emails but haven't gotten a response from Chord. Would be nice to retire these blue jean $8 adapters.
2) Anyone have the link or can tell me which post had the link to where you can buy the AC adapter being used by Chord? I know I saw a post, but after 20 minutes skimming the thread and searching under ac adapter, no luck finding the link/post. I need an extra one.post #6135 of 148147/5/14 at 1:40pmQuote:
Al... the current Hugo is the final version de-facto mate, so don't hold your breath cause you'll either feint or die...
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 DAC and Headphone Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 12 minutes ago
- › Marantz HD DAC1 vs Soundblaster Z 13 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear