Quick one guys - can a Euro version Hugo be used in Malaysia, specifically the PSU? Was thinking since both the EU and Malaysia use 230V output, it should be fine, no?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- NEW Chord Electronics Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PSD and DSD Audio - Portable and Desktop,... Last post on 6/16/14 at 7:04am in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
- CHORD HUGO preview report Last post on 11/24/14 at 8:10pm in Sasaki
- Chord Electronics Hugo reference-grade DAC/headphone amp - coming Jan 2014 Last post on 12/9/13 at 1:43pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo to go (Portable DSD DAC/Amp) Last post on 1/5/14 at 3:50am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Chord Hugo - Page 387
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It should be fine.
In case someone's looking for a coaxial cable that fits the Hugo, the Black Dragon cable that I received today from Moon Audio is perfect. Not only fits through the case opening but makes a solid connection with the RCA jack.
edit: I should point out that I have the revised case.
Edited by frankrondaniel - 6/28/14 at 10:24am
At least, neither produce a Wow factor so they are not a worthy addition (which is good: less expenses).
On the other hand, the olimex USB-ISO bring life back to the music! I decidedly need to work on my USB source. I just bought the USB-3 fiber cable that has been mentioned few pages back. Let's see how that goes...
Al, I recall, you prefer R10 than the Hugo for CIEMs. Can you tell me which CIEMs and IEMs you have tried the Hugo with? Also, what did you feel was lacking with Hugo with (C)IEMs in general? Was it the brightness? In terms of resolution how does it stand to the R10?
For that, you'll have to wade through the posts by Rob Watts in this thread - as the designer he has some very firm views on this. In his extensively detailed answer a few (hundred ..) pages back I believe he attributed a lower noise floor to the Toslink optical connection than either coax or USB connections. Many here disagree and claim the coax connection sounds better to them - I like all three, but I'm currently listening via Toslink to the Hugo using my Oppo BDP-105D purely as a source and I'm hard pressed to make any pronouncements re Toslink vs The Others *or* the old hard-drive vs CD debate.
The Oppo simply doesnt have anything like the magical 200-hours on it that the magazines claim is a must to hear the best from it, but I'm forced to revert to my LCD-2s with this combination, Those who enjoy sharper transients and a more upfront presentation via Hugo would definitely enjoy this combination - for the rest of us, it might not be the best choice for long listening sessions, As a Blu-Ray player though, I've never experienced anything quite like the 105D - I'll update further when I get enough hours to make a more definitive comment. Oddly, I think I actually prefer the LCD2s straight from the headphone out on the Oppo - same album as I listened to with the Hugo - than the Hugo hooked up to the Oppo via optical but its not night-and-day : just seems a little more aggressive through the Hugo - the exact opposite of what I would have expected. The Oppo's headphone stage is fed by a dedicated SABRE DAC - a DAC which has attracted more than a few brickbats in this thread. A lot more experimentation and burn-in needed with each of the links in this chain.
For now I'll just post random quotes from reviews of the 105 the Darbee edition is based on to give you a frame of reference:
Acoustic instruments and vocals all sounded natural and smooth. There was a realism and transparency I heard in the music that was more reminiscent of a $5,000 dedicated CD transport than a universal disc player that is supposed to handle any spinning disc or digital file under the sun.
Using the BDP-105 as a fully-functioning preamp by disconnecting my reference Parasound Halo JC2BP from the chain, I still got the same level of detail and precision as I repeated my battery of tests. In fact, there was an even greater sense of transparency and openness to the sound.
The voicing of the BDP-105 is generally neutral, with taut, deep, and well-controlled bass, transparent mids, and revealing, extended highs (highs that can, however, expose mediocre recordings for what they are). Pleasing though the Oppo can be, some might find it a bit lean-sounding compared to the deliberately warmer-sounding offerings on the market. If you prefer components that give a voluptuous musical presentation then the Oppo might not be your cup of tea, but if sonic honesty and neutrality are your things you should get on very well with it.
Let me expand on my voicing comments by pointing out that the BDP-105 needs a lot of run-in time to sound its best (some say as much as 200 hours or more). As playing time accumulates, traces of leanness and austerity gradually melt away, thus enabling the player to reveal a smoother, more full-bodied, and more forgiving sonic persona.
I cant believe you prefer oppos dac over the Hugo dac. The oppo has zero rythem to music and is dry sterile mechanical and harsh. Typical sabre sound.
For anyone interested in hearing the Chord Hugo the DC CanMania Noble will be showing the Hugo with AK 240 and their IEM. Come on down and hang with us. The show is exploding in DC July 25-27. Moon Audio will also have the Hugo on display with some terrific full size headphones plus the will a the one day meet at the CanMania also. Hope to see everyone come down.
asking for a friend whom needs to use his audiophile coaxial cable with the Hugo but it wont fit, hence he is looking for a RCA female to RCA male adapter that would fit Hugo...
any suggestions are highly appreciated...
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Which ieMs are the most durable and won't go out in one ear? 5 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)