I do not think there is any better all in one unit in the market if one is concerned of sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on Yesterday at 8:46 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 9:02 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Today at 6:04 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Chord Hugo - Page 244
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3648 of 145635/29/14 at 4:01amQuote:Originally Posted by sa92058
My Hugo is driving my AKG K1000 headphone with authority........amazing!...............The K1000 was always a little light in the bottom end and probably the most difficult to drive headphone ever sold;but with the Hugo EVEN THE K1000 PUNCHES WITH AUTHORITY. Hugo brings out the best in every headphone I've thrown at it. Interesting note: The 1985 k1000 easily blows away my jh16 freqphase in everyway sonically but the low end......but the K1000 has more control to 50 hz.I've owned the K1000 for 10 years and only now with the Hugo have I heard it's true potential for the first time!
Hi, I tried it also but ran into distortion on high loudness section such as fortissimo by orchestra. The volume colour had to go up to almost white. Do you have the same issue?
Edited by dvmrp - 5/29/14 at 4:15ampost #3649 of 145635/29/14 at 4:02ampost #3650 of 145635/29/14 at 4:05am
Yep, but then (from what I know) ONLY the UAPP player will provide hi-rez music to the HUGO. All other player will down-sample 24/96 & 24/192 before passing it to the HUGO. Is it correct ?post #3651 of 145635/29/14 at 4:10amQuote:Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW
Thinking about a Hugo for portable use . So as I have three phones to use . A iPhone 5 , iPhone 4s and an android samsung note 3 . Now the samsung wins in memory easy as I can change chips. So how are the android player apps.
Also the android phone and the I phones have service and I use them . But I can use a spare iPhone 5 or 4s as just a transport with no service. To me this is better then buying both the Hugo and a another dap or using my hdpr10.
But I do want to hear my hi rez in hi Rez so any thoughts here help !!!! ?
Al, surely the best option here is your spare Iphone 5 with the Onkyo HF app. Up to 192khz Flac and DSD (DoP) The only downside I see with that option is storage capacity, but it just means you need to be a bit more selective rather than carry around your entire music collection.post #3654 of 145635/29/14 at 4:23ampost #3655 of 145635/29/14 at 4:25ampost #3657 of 145635/29/14 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by harmonix
Typically the direct jack headphone volume levels are below the LO volume levels (i.e. white LED).
It occurred to me that comparing with outboard amp (at LO level ) vs. hugo headphone jack may not be fair comparison either.
Given that S/N ratios typically scale up with volume (i.e. max s/n ratio at unity) - we are probably not on equal footing because of this.
Not many people listen to the hugo directly jacked in with volumes at the white level....
The ak240 has a lineout feature that max out the vol. Vinnie confirmed it doesnt bypass the amp,thus he provides a mod service. I often listen to hugo at white level bcos it is constantly connected to an amp at home.
I prefer the sound of Hugo a lot in this scenario. The sound of Hugo is very easy to work with for my amps, phones and iemspost #3658 of 145635/29/14 at 4:36amQuote:Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW
You have to love headfi. As much as we kill each other
With our views the help is just amazing and fast.
The vast info found here in this nish market is just beyond any other hobby
Info ex HELI s and cars and the info is much harder to get.
And rarly live like this.
Thanks all I have to stuff to explore.
How much is a Hugo ???
Alpost #3660 of 145635/29/14 at 4:49amQuote:
+1 Would love to be able to audition first.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 15 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 40 seconds ago
- › Newbie help: Audeze Sine vs Meze 99 Classics vs V-Moda XS/M-80/100... 1 minute ago
- › IC: STAX Sigma Pro 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear