Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:04 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 6/13/16 at 4:20am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Chord Hugo - Page 234
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3497 of 134885/26/14 at 10:24am
The nice thing about the AK240 is you can take it without the Hugo and it smokes every othe roplayer out there. In the house the Hugo does well wit it as the server. The native dsd ak240 sounds better playing the dsd file because et does not convert them to pcm, the Hugo has the Dop conversion. But love them together because the Hugo is so good but going on flights the ak240 does what you need it to do. An iphoneor ipod touch or ipad cant come close to the ak240 heads up. The 240 is the best portable player I have heard that does everything well. I will hear the ak12-0 11 in Newport Beach this weekend to see if it is close to the ak240.
Edited by Frank I - 5/26/14 at 10:40ampost #3499 of 134885/26/14 at 10:26amQuote:This doesn't make sense.
Beer and keyboard, not a good mix.
Helmet indeed.post #3500 of 134885/26/14 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
The nice thing about the AK240 is you can take it without the Hugo and it smokes every othe roplayer out there. In the house the Hugo does well wit it as the server. The native dad ak240 sounds better playing the dsd file because eit does not convert them to pcd, the Hugo has the Dop conversion. But love them together because the Hugo is so good but going on flights the ak240 does what you need it to do. An ipohine or ipod touch or ipad cant come close to the ak240 heads up. The 240 is the best portable player I have heard that does everything well. I will hear the ak12-0 11 in Newport Beach this weekend to see if it is close to the ak240.
The hugo doesn't have native dsd playback?post #3504 of 134885/26/14 at 10:42am
Duh no kiddin
If you read my post carefully you will see that the HUGO does Dop which means it converts to pcm. i also said the DSD filesi n the ak240 becuse of the native DSD chip in the ak240 sounds better. Post clearly stated the Hugo is not native but Doppost #3506 of 134885/26/14 at 11:03am
Most DAC uses DoP as standard this includes Auralic, Marantz, Ayre, Luxman. I believe it is via program like foobar or jriver etc that convert the file to DoP and not the dac itself.
Edited by SleepyOne - 5/26/14 at 11:10ampost #3508 of 134885/26/14 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter
Not sure it converts - I think it simply sends dsd over the PCM?post #3509 of 134885/26/14 at 11:29am
Lots of misinformation here.
DoP is NOT (I repeat NOT) a PCM conversion path. DoP is a clever way to pack native DSD into a 24/176k+ signal path (in the first 16 bits, the remaining 8 bits are used to flag, or tell, the DAC whther its; PCM or native DSD in the path). This was created so DAC mfg'ers don't have to write their own specific native ASIO drivers, etc. It has NOTHING at all to do with DSD-to-PCM. The DAC (whatever player/DAC combo is set for DoP) ultimately sees native DSD at its input.
That being said, what the Hugo does internally (and what many DACs do internally to DSD) is irrelevant to DoP. The Hugo decimates DSD (so it can process it in crossfeed, volume controll,etc) to PCM and then upsamples it in deep space. Some DACs take DSD and create PCM; some DACs take PCM and create DSD (Emm, Meitner, PSA Directstream, PD, etc are examples of one-bit architectures).
Don't mix metaphors. Don't use terms interchangeably.
Edited by ted_b - 5/26/14 at 11:47am
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 59 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › 3D printed closed headphones with HD800 driver 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 6 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1) 8 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...