Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 9/30/16 at 12:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:40 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 5:20 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Chord Hugo - Page 234
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3497 of 139595/26/14 at 10:24am
The nice thing about the AK240 is you can take it without the Hugo and it smokes every othe roplayer out there. In the house the Hugo does well wit it as the server. The native dsd ak240 sounds better playing the dsd file because et does not convert them to pcm, the Hugo has the Dop conversion. But love them together because the Hugo is so good but going on flights the ak240 does what you need it to do. An iphoneor ipod touch or ipad cant come close to the ak240 heads up. The 240 is the best portable player I have heard that does everything well. I will hear the ak12-0 11 in Newport Beach this weekend to see if it is close to the ak240.
Edited by Frank I - 5/26/14 at 10:40ampost #3499 of 139595/26/14 at 10:26amQuote:This doesn't make sense.
Beer and keyboard, not a good mix.
Helmet indeed.post #3500 of 139595/26/14 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
The nice thing about the AK240 is you can take it without the Hugo and it smokes every othe roplayer out there. In the house the Hugo does well wit it as the server. The native dad ak240 sounds better playing the dsd file because eit does not convert them to pcd, the Hugo has the Dop conversion. But love them together because the Hugo is so good but going on flights the ak240 does what you need it to do. An ipohine or ipod touch or ipad cant come close to the ak240 heads up. The 240 is the best portable player I have heard that does everything well. I will hear the ak12-0 11 in Newport Beach this weekend to see if it is close to the ak240.
The hugo doesn't have native dsd playback?post #3504 of 139595/26/14 at 10:42am
Duh no kiddin
If you read my post carefully you will see that the HUGO does Dop which means it converts to pcm. i also said the DSD filesi n the ak240 becuse of the native DSD chip in the ak240 sounds better. Post clearly stated the Hugo is not native but Doppost #3506 of 139595/26/14 at 11:03am
Most DAC uses DoP as standard this includes Auralic, Marantz, Ayre, Luxman. I believe it is via program like foobar or jriver etc that convert the file to DoP and not the dac itself.
Edited by SleepyOne - 5/26/14 at 11:10ampost #3508 of 139595/26/14 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter
Not sure it converts - I think it simply sends dsd over the PCM?post #3509 of 139595/26/14 at 11:29am
Lots of misinformation here.
DoP is NOT (I repeat NOT) a PCM conversion path. DoP is a clever way to pack native DSD into a 24/176k+ signal path (in the first 16 bits, the remaining 8 bits are used to flag, or tell, the DAC whther its; PCM or native DSD in the path). This was created so DAC mfg'ers don't have to write their own specific native ASIO drivers, etc. It has NOTHING at all to do with DSD-to-PCM. The DAC (whatever player/DAC combo is set for DoP) ultimately sees native DSD at its input.
That being said, what the Hugo does internally (and what many DACs do internally to DSD) is irrelevant to DoP. The Hugo decimates DSD (so it can process it in crossfeed, volume controll,etc) to PCM and then upsamples it in deep space. Some DACs take DSD and create PCM; some DACs take PCM and create DSD (Emm, Meitner, PSA Directstream, PD, etc are examples of one-bit architectures).
Don't mix metaphors. Don't use terms interchangeably.
Edited by ted_b - 5/26/14 at 11:47am
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 Autumn Tokyo Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 22-23 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - Impressions, Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio cables - new thread for discussion, reviews, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...