Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 4/23/17 at 9:59am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 4/13/17 at 8:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 5:32 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Chord Hugo - Page 234
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3497 of 150175/26/14 at 10:24am
The nice thing about the AK240 is you can take it without the Hugo and it smokes every othe roplayer out there. In the house the Hugo does well wit it as the server. The native dsd ak240 sounds better playing the dsd file because et does not convert them to pcm, the Hugo has the Dop conversion. But love them together because the Hugo is so good but going on flights the ak240 does what you need it to do. An iphoneor ipod touch or ipad cant come close to the ak240 heads up. The 240 is the best portable player I have heard that does everything well. I will hear the ak12-0 11 in Newport Beach this weekend to see if it is close to the ak240.
Edited by Frank I - 5/26/14 at 10:40ampost #3499 of 150175/26/14 at 10:26amQuote:This doesn't make sense.
Beer and keyboard, not a good mix.
Helmet indeed.post #3500 of 150175/26/14 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
The nice thing about the AK240 is you can take it without the Hugo and it smokes every othe roplayer out there. In the house the Hugo does well wit it as the server. The native dad ak240 sounds better playing the dsd file because eit does not convert them to pcd, the Hugo has the Dop conversion. But love them together because the Hugo is so good but going on flights the ak240 does what you need it to do. An ipohine or ipod touch or ipad cant come close to the ak240 heads up. The 240 is the best portable player I have heard that does everything well. I will hear the ak12-0 11 in Newport Beach this weekend to see if it is close to the ak240.
The hugo doesn't have native dsd playback?post #3504 of 150175/26/14 at 10:42am
Duh no kiddin
If you read my post carefully you will see that the HUGO does Dop which means it converts to pcm. i also said the DSD filesi n the ak240 becuse of the native DSD chip in the ak240 sounds better. Post clearly stated the Hugo is not native but Doppost #3506 of 150175/26/14 at 11:03am
Most DAC uses DoP as standard this includes Auralic, Marantz, Ayre, Luxman. I believe it is via program like foobar or jriver etc that convert the file to DoP and not the dac itself.
Edited by SleepyOne - 5/26/14 at 11:10ampost #3508 of 150175/26/14 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter
Not sure it converts - I think it simply sends dsd over the PCM?post #3509 of 150175/26/14 at 11:29am
Lots of misinformation here.
DoP is NOT (I repeat NOT) a PCM conversion path. DoP is a clever way to pack native DSD into a 24/176k+ signal path (in the first 16 bits, the remaining 8 bits are used to flag, or tell, the DAC whther its; PCM or native DSD in the path). This was created so DAC mfg'ers don't have to write their own specific native ASIO drivers, etc. It has NOTHING at all to do with DSD-to-PCM. The DAC (whatever player/DAC combo is set for DoP) ultimately sees native DSD at its input.
That being said, what the Hugo does internally (and what many DACs do internally to DSD) is irrelevant to DoP. The Hugo decimates DSD (so it can process it in crossfeed, volume controll,etc) to PCM and then upsamples it in deep space. Some DACs take DSD and create PCM; some DACs take PCM and create DSD (Emm, Meitner, PSA Directstream, PD, etc are examples of one-bit architectures).
Don't mix metaphors. Don't use terms interchangeably.
Edited by ted_b - 5/26/14 at 11:47am
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 7 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 8 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 11 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 12 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 12 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 12 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 12 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 14 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 14 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear