Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:58 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 4/24/16 at 9:06pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
Chord Hugo - Page 234
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3497 of 133225/26/14 at 10:24am
The nice thing about the AK240 is you can take it without the Hugo and it smokes every othe roplayer out there. In the house the Hugo does well wit it as the server. The native dsd ak240 sounds better playing the dsd file because et does not convert them to pcm, the Hugo has the Dop conversion. But love them together because the Hugo is so good but going on flights the ak240 does what you need it to do. An iphoneor ipod touch or ipad cant come close to the ak240 heads up. The 240 is the best portable player I have heard that does everything well. I will hear the ak12-0 11 in Newport Beach this weekend to see if it is close to the ak240.
Edited by Frank I - 5/26/14 at 10:40ampost #3499 of 133225/26/14 at 10:26amQuote:This doesn't make sense.
Beer and keyboard, not a good mix.
Helmet indeed.post #3500 of 133225/26/14 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
The nice thing about the AK240 is you can take it without the Hugo and it smokes every othe roplayer out there. In the house the Hugo does well wit it as the server. The native dad ak240 sounds better playing the dsd file because eit does not convert them to pcd, the Hugo has the Dop conversion. But love them together because the Hugo is so good but going on flights the ak240 does what you need it to do. An ipohine or ipod touch or ipad cant come close to the ak240 heads up. The 240 is the best portable player I have heard that does everything well. I will hear the ak12-0 11 in Newport Beach this weekend to see if it is close to the ak240.
The hugo doesn't have native dsd playback?post #3504 of 133225/26/14 at 10:42am
Duh no kiddin
If you read my post carefully you will see that the HUGO does Dop which means it converts to pcm. i also said the DSD filesi n the ak240 becuse of the native DSD chip in the ak240 sounds better. Post clearly stated the Hugo is not native but Doppost #3506 of 133225/26/14 at 11:03am
Most DAC uses DoP as standard this includes Auralic, Marantz, Ayre, Luxman. I believe it is via program like foobar or jriver etc that convert the file to DoP and not the dac itself.
Edited by SleepyOne - 5/26/14 at 11:10ampost #3508 of 133225/26/14 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter
Not sure it converts - I think it simply sends dsd over the PCM?post #3509 of 133225/26/14 at 11:29am
Lots of misinformation here.
DoP is NOT (I repeat NOT) a PCM conversion path. DoP is a clever way to pack native DSD into a 24/176k+ signal path (in the first 16 bits, the remaining 8 bits are used to flag, or tell, the DAC whther its; PCM or native DSD in the path). This was created so DAC mfg'ers don't have to write their own specific native ASIO drivers, etc. It has NOTHING at all to do with DSD-to-PCM. The DAC (whatever player/DAC combo is set for DoP) ultimately sees native DSD at its input.
That being said, what the Hugo does internally (and what many DACs do internally to DSD) is irrelevant to DoP. The Hugo decimates DSD (so it can process it in crossfeed, volume controll,etc) to PCM and then upsamples it in deep space. Some DACs take DSD and create PCM; some DACs take PCM and create DSD (Emm, Meitner, PSA Directstream, PD, etc are examples of one-bit architectures).
Don't mix metaphors. Don't use terms interchangeably.
Edited by ted_b - 5/26/14 at 11:47am
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 1 minute ago
- › Stereo sound and why it completely ruins the original expressive... 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 6 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse