New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 233

post #3481 of 9098

Subbed, out of my price range at the moment but looks very interesting.

 

:popcorn:

post #3482 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheznous View Post

My stock cable worked and the sys-concept cable worked but the Optocoupier Van den Hul wouldn't play the 24/192 only the 24/96.
I've got a stock 3 core cable with a stock 13 amp plug connected to my fridge and it keeps my beers lovely and cold,maybe if I connect a three phase 415v four core steel wired armoured cable connected directly to my nearest sub station they would chill that bit better,Jesus your all off your heads
post #3483 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

I've got a stock 3 core cable with a stock 13 amp plug connected to my fridge and it keeps my beers lovely and cold,maybe if I connect a three phase 415v four core steel wired armoured cable connected directly to my nearest sub station they would chill that bit better,Jesus your all off your heads
Your analogy doesn't work. The point is most optical cables do not play high res files using Astell & Kern DAP and Hugo.
Think warm beer.
post #3484 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheznous View Post

Your analogy doesn't work. The point is most optical cables do not play high res files using Astell & Kern DAP and Hugo.
Think warm beer.
Astell and Kern overrated,sell it buy a iPhone 5s connect with the high def usb port problem sorted and im thinking condensation dripping down my very cold bottle of Budweiser 😁
post #3485 of 9098
Oh and the iPhone accepts calls and texts
post #3486 of 9098
Now that I want to know an answer for . Does it answer and can you talk and hear while connected to the USB Hugo ?
Al
post #3487 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Now that I want to know an answer for . Does it answer and can you talk and hear while connected to the USB Hugo ?
Al
That's a fantastic valid question but no-one disturbs me while im in seventh heaven listening to my gorgeous sounding Hugo,tend to put it on mute but I'll try it out when I'm feeling a little bit more sociable
post #3488 of 9098
Well it's all fun in games for you and I am on my way to the park to ride bikes with my 7 year old. Hahaha some JONNY walker blue when I get back .
Al
post #3489 of 9098
Astell and kern users with a Hugo is all bling look how much money I've got,it's like having a top of the range Ferrari with a state of the art roof rack your never gonna use,all the money you pay for a astell and Kern your by passing to go to the Hugo anyways,paying two thousand and 200 quid for 240 gig what a total rip off
post #3490 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Well it's all fun in games for you and I am on my way to the park to ride bikes with my 7 year old. Hahaha some JONNY walker blue when I get back .
Al
Have fun mate
post #3491 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

Astell and kern users with a Hugo is all bling look how much money I've got,it's like having a top of the range Ferrari with a state of the art roof rack your never gonna use,all the money you pay for a astell and Kern your by passing to go to the Hugo anyways,paying two thousand and 200 quid for 240 gig what a total rip off
Well I am not the one with a mortgage!
Mind you, I dont have a Ferrari but I do have an S Class. Is that a rip off?
Likewise I don't drink beer but Merlot.
Is that a rip off?
Good taste my friend, it's called good taste. A Rolex is bling whilst a Jaeger le Coultre is good taste and in that sense the AK240 is not bling, apart from the gold one.
post #3492 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheznous View Post

Well I am not the one with a mortgage!
Mind you, I dont have a Ferrari but I do have an S Class. Is that a rip off?
Likewise I don't drink beer but Merlot.
Is that a rip off?
Good taste my friend, it's called good taste. A Rolex is bling whilst a Jaeger le Coultre is good taste and in that sense the AK240 is not bling, apart from the gold one.
Your missing the point your not using the astell and Kern for what is was designed for but hey no- mortgage s class merc who cares hey,just buy the company and make your own changes internally
post #3493 of 9098
Helmet comes to mind
post #3494 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

Your missing the point your not using the astell and Kern for what is was designed for but hey no- mortgage s class merc who cares hey,just buy the company and make your own changes internally
I just think the DAC in the Hugo is better than the AK240. In the way years ago I used the digital output from a decent cd player to an external DAC.
Chord won't make a transport only as they say they all sound the same, which I don't subscribe to. Maybe Astell Kern would fill another niche here and forego the dac.
post #3495 of 9098
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheznous View Post

I just think the DAC in the Hugo is better than the AK240. In the way years ago I used the digital output from a decent cd player to an external DAC.
Chord won't make a transport only as they say they all sound the same, which I don't subscribe to. Maybe Astell Kern would fill another niche here and forego the dac.
Exactly if Rob watts and John Frank's thought they could improve on it then they would and im sure they no a bit more than you on the subject
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum