- 588 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Location: Malaysia. Singapore. London.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 2/15/17 at 4:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 2/16/17 at 11:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Chord Hugo - Page 229post #3421 of 147325/24/14 at 3:21amWhen we set the Chord to line out mode. Are I my the RCAs providing a line out signal or the two 3.5 and 1/4inch jacks all providing a line out signal too?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3422 of 147325/24/14 at 3:47amQuote:yes the optical cable you get with the hugo does 24/192.Originally Posted by confusedone
Thanks. Changing the setting to LPCM seems to have solved the problem!
Regarding the cable, I just realised that I've actually been using the optical cable supplied with the Hugo with my Oppo. The cheap cable I referred to is the one I'm using with my AK120 (sorry, my fault). Does anyone know whether the cable that comes with the Hugo is limited to 24/96? I've just tried to play a blu-ray disc from Neil Young's Archives set (which is supposed to be 24/192) and while it outputs sound, it's only showing the Orange/Yellow colour on the Hugo.post #3423 of 147325/24/14 at 4:01ampost #3424 of 147325/24/14 at 4:02ampost #3425 of 147325/24/14 at 4:03amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by SleepyOne
Why is there concern? My Hugo run the whole day without power off.
Why is there concern? My Hugo run the whole day without power off. nOtEcH said his friend's unit power off only after running 36 hours continuously. Unless you plan to not to sleep then the batteries would have time to recharge no?Quote:
I can live with it as well. No biggie. Only practical problem would be if playing all day while plugged in and then unplug to go camping for the week end it would not be 100% charged. But then again.. how many less minutes of play time are we talking about?
I am going to use a Goal Zero Sherpa 100 out camping though.. so it will never be a problem for me, not even in theory.post #3426 of 147325/24/14 at 4:07ampost #3427 of 147325/24/14 at 4:10ampost #3428 of 147325/24/14 at 4:11ampost #3429 of 147325/24/14 at 4:25am
Well, I just tried a USB stick into the Oppo and the 96KHz tracks played perfectly through the Hugo (Green Light) but the 192KHz didn't work at all. It must be a limitation in the optical cable as I've checked the settings on the Oppo and I'm pretty sure they're correct.post #3430 of 147325/24/14 at 4:44amQuote:could you try a coaxial cable and see what happens.the optical cable I got with my hugo has got some clear plastic cover caps attached 2 both ends of the cable.Originally Posted by confusedone
Well, I just tried a USB stick into the Oppo and the 96KHz tracks played perfectly through the Hugo (Green Light) but the 192KHz didn't work at all. It must be a limitation in the optical cable as I've checked the settings on the Oppo and I'm pretty sure they're correct.post #3431 of 147325/24/14 at 4:52am
Nice job with your selection and thank you for sharing the pic's.. As a heavy commuter I've been wondering what other people's have regarding there version of the Hugo "portable rig". Please post your pics and setups? I'm also looking forward to Cords solution as well (hopefully very soon).
As a commuter I was wondering about the use of the optical cable vs coax in terms of:
The Note is a large but offers advantages too. How much on-board memory do you have?
Speedracer1post #3432 of 147325/24/14 at 5:33amQuote:
Sorry, I don't have a spare coaxial cable at the moment. I have the same optical cable with the clear plastic cover caps.post #3433 of 147325/24/14 at 6:15ampost #3434 of 147325/24/14 at 6:17ampost #3435 of 147325/24/14 at 6:23am
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 13 seconds ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Octave MkII DAC 14 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 25 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 43 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › What are the best Superlux Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear