- 559 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Location: Malaysia. Singapore. London.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 6/26/16 at 2:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 6/13/16 at 4:20am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
Chord Hugo - Page 229post #3421 of 134945/24/14 at 3:21amWhen we set the Chord to line out mode. Are I my the RCAs providing a line out signal or the two 3.5 and 1/4inch jacks all providing a line out signal too?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3422 of 134945/24/14 at 3:47amQuote:yes the optical cable you get with the hugo does 24/192.Originally Posted by confusedone
Thanks. Changing the setting to LPCM seems to have solved the problem!
Regarding the cable, I just realised that I've actually been using the optical cable supplied with the Hugo with my Oppo. The cheap cable I referred to is the one I'm using with my AK120 (sorry, my fault). Does anyone know whether the cable that comes with the Hugo is limited to 24/96? I've just tried to play a blu-ray disc from Neil Young's Archives set (which is supposed to be 24/192) and while it outputs sound, it's only showing the Orange/Yellow colour on the Hugo.post #3423 of 134945/24/14 at 4:01ampost #3424 of 134945/24/14 at 4:02ampost #3425 of 134945/24/14 at 4:03amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by SleepyOne
Why is there concern? My Hugo run the whole day without power off.
Why is there concern? My Hugo run the whole day without power off. nOtEcH said his friend's unit power off only after running 36 hours continuously. Unless you plan to not to sleep then the batteries would have time to recharge no?Quote:
I can live with it as well. No biggie. Only practical problem would be if playing all day while plugged in and then unplug to go camping for the week end it would not be 100% charged. But then again.. how many less minutes of play time are we talking about?
I am going to use a Goal Zero Sherpa 100 out camping though.. so it will never be a problem for me, not even in theory.post #3426 of 134945/24/14 at 4:07ampost #3427 of 134945/24/14 at 4:10ampost #3428 of 134945/24/14 at 4:11ampost #3429 of 134945/24/14 at 4:25am
Well, I just tried a USB stick into the Oppo and the 96KHz tracks played perfectly through the Hugo (Green Light) but the 192KHz didn't work at all. It must be a limitation in the optical cable as I've checked the settings on the Oppo and I'm pretty sure they're correct.post #3430 of 134945/24/14 at 4:44amQuote:could you try a coaxial cable and see what happens.the optical cable I got with my hugo has got some clear plastic cover caps attached 2 both ends of the cable.Originally Posted by confusedone
Well, I just tried a USB stick into the Oppo and the 96KHz tracks played perfectly through the Hugo (Green Light) but the 192KHz didn't work at all. It must be a limitation in the optical cable as I've checked the settings on the Oppo and I'm pretty sure they're correct.post #3431 of 134945/24/14 at 4:52am
Nice job with your selection and thank you for sharing the pic's.. As a heavy commuter I've been wondering what other people's have regarding there version of the Hugo "portable rig". Please post your pics and setups? I'm also looking forward to Cords solution as well (hopefully very soon).
As a commuter I was wondering about the use of the optical cable vs coax in terms of:
The Note is a large but offers advantages too. How much on-board memory do you have?
Speedracer1post #3432 of 134945/24/14 at 5:33amQuote:
Sorry, I don't have a spare coaxial cable at the moment. I have the same optical cable with the clear plastic cover caps.post #3433 of 134945/24/14 at 6:15ampost #3434 of 134945/24/14 at 6:17ampost #3435 of 134945/24/14 at 6:23am
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Cyrus SoundKey portable DAC 3 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › choose monitoring headphone for rap mixing & master between... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › DSD256 Downsampling issues! 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...