- 586 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Location: Malaysia. Singapore. London.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 9/30/16 at 12:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:28 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 10/16/16 at 12:51pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
This review won't be too detailed, just a vote of respect for such a fine pair of headphones. I tend to like warm toned headphones, rather than purely neutral sets, and the Philips Fidelio X2 has...
The NAD VISO HP50 could have been a truly outstanding headphone. They produced a set with great sound, with a marvelous midrange, bass when it is called for in the music and highs that do not...
Philips SHP8000 40mm Dynamic Semi Open Full-size Headphones 10/21/2016 This ends up being an import only, semi-open, full-size around-ear headphone, priced at about $80.00...
Chord Hugo - Page 229post #3421 of 139595/24/14 at 3:21amWhen we set the Chord to line out mode. Are I my the RCAs providing a line out signal or the two 3.5 and 1/4inch jacks all providing a line out signal too?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3422 of 139595/24/14 at 3:47amQuote:yes the optical cable you get with the hugo does 24/192.Originally Posted by confusedone
Thanks. Changing the setting to LPCM seems to have solved the problem!
Regarding the cable, I just realised that I've actually been using the optical cable supplied with the Hugo with my Oppo. The cheap cable I referred to is the one I'm using with my AK120 (sorry, my fault). Does anyone know whether the cable that comes with the Hugo is limited to 24/96? I've just tried to play a blu-ray disc from Neil Young's Archives set (which is supposed to be 24/192) and while it outputs sound, it's only showing the Orange/Yellow colour on the Hugo.post #3423 of 139595/24/14 at 4:01ampost #3424 of 139595/24/14 at 4:02ampost #3425 of 139595/24/14 at 4:03amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by SleepyOne
Why is there concern? My Hugo run the whole day without power off.
Why is there concern? My Hugo run the whole day without power off. nOtEcH said his friend's unit power off only after running 36 hours continuously. Unless you plan to not to sleep then the batteries would have time to recharge no?Quote:
I can live with it as well. No biggie. Only practical problem would be if playing all day while plugged in and then unplug to go camping for the week end it would not be 100% charged. But then again.. how many less minutes of play time are we talking about?
I am going to use a Goal Zero Sherpa 100 out camping though.. so it will never be a problem for me, not even in theory.post #3426 of 139595/24/14 at 4:07ampost #3427 of 139595/24/14 at 4:10ampost #3428 of 139595/24/14 at 4:11ampost #3429 of 139595/24/14 at 4:25am
Well, I just tried a USB stick into the Oppo and the 96KHz tracks played perfectly through the Hugo (Green Light) but the 192KHz didn't work at all. It must be a limitation in the optical cable as I've checked the settings on the Oppo and I'm pretty sure they're correct.post #3430 of 139595/24/14 at 4:44amQuote:could you try a coaxial cable and see what happens.the optical cable I got with my hugo has got some clear plastic cover caps attached 2 both ends of the cable.Originally Posted by confusedone
Well, I just tried a USB stick into the Oppo and the 96KHz tracks played perfectly through the Hugo (Green Light) but the 192KHz didn't work at all. It must be a limitation in the optical cable as I've checked the settings on the Oppo and I'm pretty sure they're correct.post #3431 of 139595/24/14 at 4:52am
Nice job with your selection and thank you for sharing the pic's.. As a heavy commuter I've been wondering what other people's have regarding there version of the Hugo "portable rig". Please post your pics and setups? I'm also looking forward to Cords solution as well (hopefully very soon).
As a commuter I was wondering about the use of the optical cable vs coax in terms of:
The Note is a large but offers advantages too. How much on-board memory do you have?
Speedracer1post #3432 of 139595/24/14 at 5:33amQuote:
Sorry, I don't have a spare coaxial cable at the moment. I have the same optical cable with the clear plastic cover caps.post #3433 of 139595/24/14 at 6:15ampost #3434 of 139595/24/14 at 6:17ampost #3435 of 139595/24/14 at 6:23am
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 7 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › ShareMe 5 Bluetooth Headphone Impression and Reviews Wanted Globally 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor by Kerry56
- › Chord&Major 01'16 Electric Tonal Earphone by Cinder
- › Cowon PM2-128SL Plenue M2 PM2 High Resolution Music Player 128GB... by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...