New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 219

post #3271 of 14739

Ok, thank you very much guys.

 

The amp headphone is at the same level or comparable to which amp ?

post #3272 of 14739
I think their could be one improvement to the Hugo and that's change the round glass for the type that prevents UV light getting through when out sunbathing
post #3273 of 14739
And to all those that have the Hugo on their wishlist don't be jealous,someone tried to key down the side of mine beggars believe!
Edited by Hifi Nutter - 5/21/14 at 8:03am
post #3274 of 14739
All this technology like mobile phones puts pressure on a relationship with facebook and chat rooms but the Hugo more or less guarantee s a divorce,she said it's either Me or the Hugo has to go? See Ya nice knowing Ya 💔
post #3275 of 14739

@Hifi Nutter is the reason why I check this thread religiously on a daily basis

:beerchug:

post #3276 of 14739
The Mrs said she wants half of everything,shame she holding the saw upside lol
post #3277 of 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

The Mrs said she wants half of everything,shame she holding the saw upside lol

That saw is too close upside down or not!!!! :blink:

post #3278 of 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

All this technology like mobile phones puts pressure on a relationship with facebook and chat rooms but the Hugo more or less guarantee s a divorce,she said it's either Me or the Hugo has to go? See Ya nice knowing Ya 💔

 

Genuine wisdom is rare these days, but you are THE MAN!

 

I just keep a couple of Rotweillers guarding mine.

 

Seriously, I do have a few criticisms. I don't care for the windows and multicolor scheme that much, although it's nice to look inside the unit.

I'd rather have tiny LEDs or an OLED display in numbers and letters.

There are many openings through which dust and lint will accumulate. How are we to clean the insides out?

 

The micro USBs are not exactly robust and I clearly see that there's enough space left for a mini USB, or even a full size one.

What advantage is there for the second low rez USB port anyway, since the HD port can handle the low rez?

Maybe I'm missing something.

How robust will be the volume control over time?

 

For a $2400 portable DAC, it had all better be really robust.

 

In fact, the DAC itself could be made almost bulletproof at low cost, but I will contact the designer directly to pass on my suggestions.

One would no longer need a case for it.

 

Sonically, I have no reservations, so far ahead of others it is.

 

From a standpoint of marketing and manufacturing, its cost is reasonable against DACs costing far more. Yet I think it could have been produced for a wider audience for half its price.

That last is judged by what's inside and so forth. On the other hand, sonically others cannot compete and one's getting a lot for a lot of money.

 

For its performance, it is reasonably priced, though I'd never imagined that I''d spring for a portable unit its price. But then it can also serve as a component in a full-blown home rig and still outperform other DACs costing twice, arguably four times its price. Given the last, the Hugo may be considered not just a bargain, but a steal.

post #3279 of 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacari View Post
 

Ok, thank you very much guys.

 

The amp headphone is at the same level or comparable to which amp ?

 

So far, none of the portable amps I have tried is on the same level as Hugo. I am still looking for another portable that surpass the Hugo amp section. 

post #3280 of 14739

.


Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 8:27pm
post #3281 of 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGB100 View Post
 

 

Genuine wisdom is rare these days, but you are THE MAN!

 

I just keep a couple of Rotweillers guarding mine.

 

Seriously, I do have a few criticisms. I don't care for the windows and multicolor scheme that much, although it's nice to look inside the unit.

I'd rather have tiny LEDs or an OLED display in numbers and letters.

There are many openings through which dust and lint will accumulate. How are we to clean the insides out?

 

The micro USBs are not exactly robust and I clearly see that there's enough space left for a mini USB, or even a full size one.

What advantage is there for the second low rez USB port anyway, since the HD port can handle the low rez?

Maybe I'm missing something.

How robust will be the volume control over time?

 

For a $2400 portable DAC, it had all better be really robust.

 

In fact, the DAC itself could be made almost bulletproof at low cost, but I will contact the designer directly to pass on my suggestions.

One would no longer need a case for it.

 

Sonically, I have no reservations, so far ahead of others it is.

 

From a standpoint of marketing and manufacturing, its cost is reasonable against DACs costing far more. Yet I think it could have been produced for a wider audience for half its price.

That last is judged by what's inside and so forth. On the other hand, sonically others cannot compete and one's getting a lot for a lot of money.

 

For its performance, it is reasonably priced, though I'd never imagined that I''d spring for a portable unit its price. But then it can also serve as a component in a full-blown home rig and still outperform other DACs costing twice, arguably four times its price. Given the last, the Hugo may be considered not just a bargain, but a steal.

 

I think the reason for the SD USB is for mobile phones. I have tried connecting the HD USB to Note 3 via the OTG cable and I hear lots of buzzing on and off. Switch to SD USB and buzzing stop. Not sure why, but I suspect that may be the reason why ROb put that SD USB. Also I believe the SD USB uses less power so if one is playing CD quality or lossless file, we would be able to extend our playtime. 

 

I am not sure, perharps Rob knows more truth than me

post #3282 of 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGB100 View Post

Genuine wisdom is rare these days, but you are THE MAN!

I just keep a couple of Rotweillers guarding mine.

Seriously, I do have a few criticisms. I don't care for the windows and multicolor scheme that much, although it's nice to look inside the unit.
I'd rather have tiny LEDs or an OLED display in numbers and letters.
There are many openings through which dust and lint will accumulate. How are we to clean the insides out?

The micro USBs are not exactly robust and I clearly see that there's enough space left for a mini USB, or even a full size one.
What advantage is there for the second low rez USB port anyway, since the HD port can handle the low rez?
Maybe I'm missing something.
How robust will be the volume control over time?

For a $2400 portable DAC, it had all better be really robust.

In fact, the DAC itself could be made almost bulletproof at low cost, but I will contact the designer directly to pass on my suggestions.
One would no longer need a case for it.

Sonically, I have no reservations, so far ahead of others it is.

From a standpoint of marketing and manufacturing, its cost is reasonable against DACs costing far more. Yet I think it could have been produced for a wider audience for half its price.
That last is judged by what's inside and so forth. On the other hand, sonically others cannot compete and one's getting a lot for a lot of money.

For its performance, it is reasonably priced, though I'd never imagined that I''d spring for a portable unit its price. But then it can also serve as a component in a full-blown home rig and still outperform other DACs costing twice, arguably four times its price. Given the last, the Hugo may be considered not just a bargain, but a steal.
I work in pounds not dollars and I work in stone not pounds if that makes any sense but I agree with most of the stuff you say,as for the build and design I've got no problems,even now it's cut in half it still sounds better than most budget systems so I'm happy
post #3283 of 14739
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

What goes around comes around

43CyN.jpg 
Let's have some 24-carrot fun with magic, LOL

tqYGv.jpg 
That is class mate well funny
post #3284 of 14739
Ya see,who said us hifi geeks don't have a sense of humour!
post #3285 of 14739

The Chord Electronics dealer in Turkey (Timpani) said they probably wouldn't import Hugo because they thought people wouldn't pay such money for a portable amp. They recommended Hegel Super but I said I already owned Meridian Explorer which is better than Hegel Super. I told them this was the first reference level portable dac but they're old-school audiophiles who like big stuff so I don't expect them to understand. Their loss really, I'll buy from England.

 

Still, if someone who works at Chord is reading this, maybe you should tell the dealer in Turkey to sell all your stuff, not some that they think would have high demand.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum