or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 201

post #3001 of 14311

.


Edited by seeteeyou - 11/4/14 at 8:39pm
post #3002 of 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by drubrew View Post
 

I have the new PS Audio DirectStream on it's way to us that I will compare.

Thanks Drew. Can't wait to read your findings!

post #3003 of 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by drubrew View Post
 

I have the new PS Audio DirectStream on it's way to us that I will compare.


Me too.  :)  Should be interesting as they are two entirely different approaches to skin the same cat. 


Edited by ted_b - 5/15/14 at 6:13pm
post #3004 of 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

What impresses so much is the way the Hugo handles regular resolution files. I don't know how it pulls out the sound it does. The echo, slap from the walls of the environment, if they are there, the openness, details I had not heard before and could not imagine where there. This impresses me more than the hi res/dsd because it makes so much of my well recorded red book, so much more than what it was. I would buy it just for that. 


16 44 sounds as good or most of the time better than my high res. material.My hugo is going to save me a lot of money going forward.:)

post #3005 of 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa92058 View Post
 

To bad it isn't that good sonically.


Sorry wrong reply........msb dacs DONT sound inferior

post #3006 of 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS1 View Post
 

Is the Hugo as much of a revolution in audio to what the ESL-57's electrostatics was with loudspeakers decades ago?

In the way it handles red book recordings, yes. I have so many CD's, that I look forward to, once I burn them as a FLAC or WAV. Great stuff!

post #3007 of 14311
Did anyone compare it to a Master 7 yet?
post #3008 of 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

What impresses so much is the way the Hugo handles regular resolution files. I don't know how it pulls out the sound it does. The echo, slap from the walls of the environment, if they are there, the openness, details I had not heard before and could not imagine where there. This impresses me more than the hi res/dsd because it makes so much of my well recorded red book, so much more than what it was. I would buy it just for that. 


Hugo is a black eye in the face of the High Res. business profile for sure!

post #3009 of 14311

Hugo is going to save us all a lot of money:easily the best, most sensible and Satisfying piece of audio gear I've bought in a long time.:beyersmile:

post #3010 of 14311

Agreed. It's an understatement to call the HUGO a game changer. There are "best buys" out there. This is a steal. I also hope to get the PS Audio DAC and MSB Analog DAC in, soon to compare these to each other. A friend with good ears compared the Hugo with the MSB and said, "close." We'll see, however I don't post reviews here. Will look forward to a connector kit for iPhone from you Drew. Did anyone suggest the Hugo is a terrific match with the LCD-Xes?


Edited by AGB100 - 5/15/14 at 7:56pm
post #3011 of 14311
Here is the future, 256 GB iPad mini with moonaudio cck usb cable.

i for one looking forward to ak120 cable. Looks like zx1 is off the hook for now.
post #3012 of 14311

Correct. An additional amp at the output only manages to put another amp in series with the Hugo, adding distortions and noise. And warmth if you like that kind of distortion. And the distortion of an extra cable. The Hugo's amp is really, really, that good. Wow! I guess is as good a description as it can get.

post #3013 of 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

I only promote shows & events... you buy from Phil. normal_smile%20.gif

btw I heard Rob likes a pint of Guinness... so I guess he's pure genius. 
Ok guy is CHORD s little bitch lol only joking mate,I meant from you promoting the shows that chord and noble are in,ppl will go and hear for themselves and buy
post #3014 of 14311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

In the way it handles red book recordings, yes. I have so many CD's, that I look forward to, once I burn them as a FLAC or WAV. Great stuff!

What puzzles me is that , for me, redbook recording sounds better, more lively and natural  on Hugo c.f. the same recording in DSD ( ripped from SACD ) on Hugo. This brings back my earlier post: is it related to less than perfect rendering of the HD USB input? I do not have any player which can transmit DoP in coaxial. So I cannot  compare . I can easily have access to more than 10T of ripped SACD here in China. The fact that the SACDs sound not as well as expected ( may be very good by  itself, but the Red Book rendering on Hugo is so excellent when compared with)  in Hugo really puts me off 

post #3015 of 14311
When you say redbook how do you play it back? Optical or coaxial?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum