or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 199

post #2971 of 14205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

Trying to get tickets to see may weather in Leicester next month

 

it's May now and the weather is gorgeous in Kent... do you have to buy tickets to see a replay of our May weather? :veryevil:

post #2972 of 14205
I concur that no +5V for my DIY USB cable to Hugo from CCK.
post #2973 of 14205

SeeTeeYou... the ZX1>PHA-2 cable only works with Hi-Res & DSD, you have to use line-out for Red-Book into PHA-2... can you check to see if WM-Port/Mini-USB covers all file formats, cheers.

post #2974 of 14205
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

it's May now and the weather is gorgeous in Kent... do you have to buy tickets to see a replay of our May weather? very_evil_smiley.gif
I love your sense of humour mate your one of the few that gets mine
post #2975 of 14205
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidyen View Post

I have a Meridian Explorer now. It's a great little device. How much an improvement would Hugo be over it? I don't have the necessarry funds right now but I'll have soon. I just don't wanna pay for 1% better sound. smily_headphones1.gif


Night and Day !! You'll be astonished, this thing really is a reference DAC, The only DAC I've heard that Competes with it in long term listening is the MSB analog, which is up in double figure K! Plus you get a top notch Amp attached! You'll be getting several hundred % better sound!
post #2976 of 14205

I just received my AlphaDOG Headphone, and I happy to confirm that, despite it's planar's low efficiency, the HUGO can definitively drive it very well :p 


Edited by bmichels - 5/15/14 at 1:24pm
post #2977 of 14205
I love Rob watts
post #2978 of 14205
Listening through my headphones now,the joy i get is so amazing and Rob watts puts the hours in to make my listening experience so special
post #2979 of 14205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

I love Rob watts

Can't get a much better endorsement than that, I think. I mean, love is great and nothing would be better in this world. So is it Hugo love, Rob love or a combination thereof? It's all good. 

post #2980 of 14205

Here are three things that I have had a problem with this Hugo Dac.

1.USB connections only connected with two solder points, very weak and flimsy for a portable DAC (Mine broke)

2.Holes too small for most common interconnects.

3.Music gets cut off at the beginning of songs when you change formats. You have to turn the dac off then on again. (Acknowledged by Chord in this thread)

 

Dealing with their customer service and dealer have been horrible to say the least. Who did their quality control and testing?


Edited by Sonic77 - 5/15/14 at 2:44pm
post #2981 of 14205
It's both,without Rob watts my music wouldn't bring me so close to being there,i sit there and im in a different world,it's like the band are playing wherever I go,garden,bedroom,mums,the bloke is a genius
post #2982 of 14205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidyen View Post

I have a Meridian Explorer now. It's a great little device. How much an improvement would Hugo be over it? I don't have the necessarry funds right now but I'll have soon. I just don't wanna pay for 1% better sound. smily_headphones1.gif


Night and Day !! You'll be astonished, this thing really is a reference DAC, The only DAC I've heard that Competes with it in long term listening is the MSB analog, which is up in double figure K! Plus you get a top notch Amp attached! You'll be getting several hundred % better sound!


Thanks! I'll buy soon, it indeed seems like an amazing DAC. Have you tried it with HD 650? I have those headphones (also Sennheiser Momentum and IE800s).

post #2983 of 14205

To bad it isn't that good sonically.

post #2984 of 14205
Don't get me wrong it's great that I love the product but it's ok guy that is helping to sell the product,Me spouting off in ere isn't
post #2985 of 14205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic77 View Post

 

2.Holes too small for most common interconnects.

3.Music gets cut off at the beginning of songs when you change formats. You have to turn the dac off then on again. (Acknowledged by Chord in this thread)

 

That isn't correct. You don't have to switch off Hugo every time you change format. You could just stop the music and change the format (say on foobar) before you start the new song in a different format. I do that all the time without any cut off. 

 

The problem with the audio output RCA holes size has improved (approx. 13mm) with the revised chassis unit - common RCA plug would probably be ok. I think Chord now provides RCA adapters for connecting to larger plugs - call/ email Chord for detail.


Edited by SleepyOne - 5/15/14 at 3:18pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum