- 383 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 2/15/17 at 4:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 2/16/17 at 11:02am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Yesterday at 4:30 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Chord Hugo - Page 177
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2642 of 147395/3/14 at 12:53amQuote:
Of course I have to try everything viable on the market. I used the iFi USB for quite a while, and I returned it in favor of the PurePower. iFi worked well, but not PurePower well. Besides, the iFi is RF and noise filtering/reduction only, there's no clock correcting to it. So, assuming you are using an AP2 anyhow, the difference in price of the iFi and PP is not so significant. And the PP is battery powered, does not require a power supply, and is portable. No brainer, even if it doesn't work better, which it does, in my opinion.
At this level of audio a couple hundred for something that is implemented far better, more versatile, and functions on a much better level, in my opinion, is absolutely needed. You're talking to an "audiophile" about value ; )
Headphones costing 20% of The Abyss sound 70% as good, but for me, the bliss is found in that last few percent. My goal is enjoyment, and it makes it that much more enjoyable : )post #2643 of 147395/3/14 at 5:07ampost #2644 of 147395/3/14 at 5:48ampost #2645 of 147395/3/14 at 5:52ampost #2646 of 147395/3/14 at 6:02am
if I could get the Ak120 work with Hugo i am all set. All I need is two 128 GB micro SD and honestly I am set. I've found my IEM, I've found my DAC/AMP. I honestly can live with this setup for a long time. Perhaps the only thing I will buy in the future is just an amp simply because I like using volume knobs more.
I am almost there, almost!post #2651 of 147395/3/14 at 8:33amQuote:
Very interested in this answer myself. Just picked up zx1, running an Intruder with it now for portability, but have my eye on a Hugo for a future addition to my family.
Would running a better source with a Hugo make much of a difference? I love my Sony, for me it's ideal. That being said, I've never seen much else though. Still learning this hobby.post #2653 of 147395/3/14 at 8:43amUsed? Nah, I want them new!!! lol. I figured as much, I'd sacrifice a little SQ to keep the Sony, was just more curious for my own knowledge if it was really different. I'm working on new CIEMS now, that's my next goal. Then possibly Hugo.
Thanks for your advice.post #2655 of 147395/3/14 at 9:39amHugo looks nice, and I've yet to read anything bad. How is it as far as being portable? It looked large, but I saw an Ipod attached to it and it didn't appear to be that big. I have to check ways of carrying it around, but I have time, this won't happen for many months.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 49 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear