- 383 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 12/5/16 at 1:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 2:47 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Today at 6:04 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
Chord Hugo - Page 177
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2642 of 143185/3/14 at 12:53amQuote:
Of course I have to try everything viable on the market. I used the iFi USB for quite a while, and I returned it in favor of the PurePower. iFi worked well, but not PurePower well. Besides, the iFi is RF and noise filtering/reduction only, there's no clock correcting to it. So, assuming you are using an AP2 anyhow, the difference in price of the iFi and PP is not so significant. And the PP is battery powered, does not require a power supply, and is portable. No brainer, even if it doesn't work better, which it does, in my opinion.
At this level of audio a couple hundred for something that is implemented far better, more versatile, and functions on a much better level, in my opinion, is absolutely needed. You're talking to an "audiophile" about value ; )
Headphones costing 20% of The Abyss sound 70% as good, but for me, the bliss is found in that last few percent. My goal is enjoyment, and it makes it that much more enjoyable : )post #2643 of 143185/3/14 at 5:07ampost #2644 of 143185/3/14 at 5:48ampost #2645 of 143185/3/14 at 5:52ampost #2646 of 143185/3/14 at 6:02am
if I could get the Ak120 work with Hugo i am all set. All I need is two 128 GB micro SD and honestly I am set. I've found my IEM, I've found my DAC/AMP. I honestly can live with this setup for a long time. Perhaps the only thing I will buy in the future is just an amp simply because I like using volume knobs more.
I am almost there, almost!post #2651 of 143185/3/14 at 8:33amQuote:
Very interested in this answer myself. Just picked up zx1, running an Intruder with it now for portability, but have my eye on a Hugo for a future addition to my family.
Would running a better source with a Hugo make much of a difference? I love my Sony, for me it's ideal. That being said, I've never seen much else though. Still learning this hobby.post #2653 of 143185/3/14 at 8:43amUsed? Nah, I want them new!!! lol. I figured as much, I'd sacrifice a little SQ to keep the Sony, was just more curious for my own knowledge if it was really different. I'm working on new CIEMS now, that's my next goal. Then possibly Hugo.
Thanks for your advice.post #2655 of 143185/3/14 at 9:39amHugo looks nice, and I've yet to read anything bad. How is it as far as being portable? It looked large, but I saw an Ipod attached to it and it didn't appear to be that big. I have to check ways of carrying it around, but I have time, this won't happen for many months.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Apex HiFi Audio Sangaku Loaner Program 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 5 minutes ago
- › Good $30-$40 DAC and/or DAC/amps for music listening? 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear