- 383 Posts. Joined 2/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 4/23/17 at 9:59am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 4/13/17 at 8:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 4/24/17 at 5:32pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Chord Hugo - Page 177
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2642 of 150175/3/14 at 12:53amQuote:
Of course I have to try everything viable on the market. I used the iFi USB for quite a while, and I returned it in favor of the PurePower. iFi worked well, but not PurePower well. Besides, the iFi is RF and noise filtering/reduction only, there's no clock correcting to it. So, assuming you are using an AP2 anyhow, the difference in price of the iFi and PP is not so significant. And the PP is battery powered, does not require a power supply, and is portable. No brainer, even if it doesn't work better, which it does, in my opinion.
At this level of audio a couple hundred for something that is implemented far better, more versatile, and functions on a much better level, in my opinion, is absolutely needed. You're talking to an "audiophile" about value ; )
Headphones costing 20% of The Abyss sound 70% as good, but for me, the bliss is found in that last few percent. My goal is enjoyment, and it makes it that much more enjoyable : )post #2643 of 150175/3/14 at 5:07ampost #2644 of 150175/3/14 at 5:48ampost #2645 of 150175/3/14 at 5:52ampost #2646 of 150175/3/14 at 6:02am
if I could get the Ak120 work with Hugo i am all set. All I need is two 128 GB micro SD and honestly I am set. I've found my IEM, I've found my DAC/AMP. I honestly can live with this setup for a long time. Perhaps the only thing I will buy in the future is just an amp simply because I like using volume knobs more.
I am almost there, almost!post #2651 of 150175/3/14 at 8:33amQuote:
Very interested in this answer myself. Just picked up zx1, running an Intruder with it now for portability, but have my eye on a Hugo for a future addition to my family.
Would running a better source with a Hugo make much of a difference? I love my Sony, for me it's ideal. That being said, I've never seen much else though. Still learning this hobby.post #2653 of 150175/3/14 at 8:43amUsed? Nah, I want them new!!! lol. I figured as much, I'd sacrifice a little SQ to keep the Sony, was just more curious for my own knowledge if it was really different. I'm working on new CIEMS now, that's my next goal. Then possibly Hugo.
Thanks for your advice.post #2655 of 150175/3/14 at 9:39amHugo looks nice, and I've yet to read anything bad. How is it as far as being portable? It looked large, but I saw an Ipod attached to it and it didn't appear to be that big. I have to check ways of carrying it around, but I have time, this won't happen for many months.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Audio-GD NFB-1AMP 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 13 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 18 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 19 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 22 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 22 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 22 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 23 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 23 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 day ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear