or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 176

post #2626 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

 

are you using the Stock HD800 cable with the HUGO ? 

 

Yup, still with stock cable but I intend to upgrade that. I am just letting everything settled down first before I do that.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racy View Post

In relation to Sleepy guy's comment regarding : listening to more classical music, I think this illlustrates how natural -sounding the Hugo is . Acoustic timbres and voices just sound mega-realistic and are truly breathtaking!
 
I am not really a classical person until now, For many years I am mainly into a jazz, folk-rock & pop. The flow and texture just so right and musical with Hugo. Its good detail makes the sound realistic but without being analytical which is amazing. Whereas my previous DAC seemed to emphasis particular sound or instruments and the flow of the music was lost, as a result I just got bored & skipped track.  

Edited by SleepyOne - 5/2/14 at 3:31pm
post #2627 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaha View Post
 

Hi everyone

 

I just download DXD music (352kHz) from 2L.

 

But when I playing the music by HD USB on Hugo,  Hugo just show the green light (96kHz)

 

Someone know what's the problem?

 

I use JRiver 18 as player....

 

Thanks!!

What is the source you are using and what player are you using? 

post #2628 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

What is the source you are using and what player are you using? 

I use computer as the source.

Player is Jriver 18

post #2629 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaha View Post
 

I use computer as the source.

Player is Jriver 18

Is preferences set to play any sample rate? I assume that you have been able to play 24/192?

post #2630 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOne View Post


I am not really a classical person until now, For many years I am mainly into a jazz, folk-rock & pop. The flow and texture just so right and musical with Hugo. Its good detail makes the sound realistic but without being analytical which is amazing. Whereas my previous DAC seemed to emphasis particular sound or instruments and the flow of the music was lost, as a result I just got bored & skipped track.


Very well put, and in my previous post re the vega , I think these are the qualities of the Hugo that make it unique. I actually think reviewers are underrating the Hugo compared to other high-end DACs because it's delivery is so subtle and nuanced! The Hugo rewards unhurried but focused long-term listening, It brings you nearer to immersion in the emotion generated by Music of all kinds, rather than just shoving it in your face!
post #2631 of 14560

Even I play 192 kHz music, the light is still green....

post #2632 of 14560

Check jriver's setting on Tools > Options > 'DSP & output format' and also check Tools > Options > 'Device settings'.  

 

Also try 24/192 on foobar as well. Make sure it is set at 24 bits in the output option


Edited by SleepyOne - 5/2/14 at 4:45pm
post #2633 of 14560

If your playing with JRiver, you should see the blue light (audio path) come on the upper right hand corner of playback screen for unaltered file playback.  If not, then your allowing JRiver to resample the sound.  If no light, click on the audio path to change settings or view what the problem is thru the audio path devices.


Edited by elviscaprice - 5/2/14 at 4:58pm
post #2634 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racy View Post


Very well put, and in my previous post re the vega , I think these are the qualities of the Hugo that make it unique. I actually think reviewers are underrating the Hugo compared to other high-end DACs because it's delivery is so subtle and nuanced! The Hugo rewards unhurried but focused long-term listening, It brings you nearer to immersion in the emotion generated by Music of all kinds, rather than just shoving it in your face!

 

I wish there are more reviews of Hugo with speakers system feed by coaxial etc., that would be interesting.  I think Hugo's presentation/ emphasis is somewhat different to the usual so takes time to adjust - I remembered initially I too was looking for that in your face type highlighting which I was so used to.

post #2635 of 14560

I've found a very nice synergy tonight with the AP2+PP + HUGO + Cardas Clear ICs + LAu + DHC Complement+ Abyss. 

 

The system is so transparent, every little change is glaringly obvious. The Cardas is really clean, yet musical. Swapped out many different ICs and USB cables, and this is by far the best synergy with these components. The Cardas Clear USB is really good for the price. Wipes the floor with WireWorld - stock AP2 fare. 

post #2636 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post
 

I've found a very nice synergy tonight with the AP2+PP + HUGO + Cardas Clear ICs + LAu + DHC Complement+ Abyss. 

 

The system is so transparent, every little change is glaringly obvious. The Cardas is really clean, yet musical. Swapped out many different ICs and USB cables, and this is by far the best synergy with these components. The Cardas Clear USB is really good for the price. Wipes the floor with WireWorld - stock AP2 fare. 

 

can you explain what is  AP2+PP  ?  

 

thanks

post #2637 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

 

can you explain what is  AP2+PP  ?  

 

thanks

 

You bet! Here's a link. AP2+PP = Audiophileo 2 + PurePower. 

 

They do a pretty good job of explaining, but in short it provides battery powered (removed from USB power) Jitter correction and RF reduction. It cleans up the sound, less fuzzy, more rich/robust. To me, it sounds like a good DAC upgrade. 


Edited by SoundFreaq - 5/2/14 at 11:32pm
post #2638 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post
 

I've found a very nice synergy tonight with the AP2+PP + HUGO + Cardas Clear ICs + LAu + DHC Complement+ Abyss. 

 

The system is so transparent, every little change is glaringly obvious. The Cardas is really clean, yet musical. Swapped out many different ICs and USB cables, and this is by far the best synergy with these components. The Cardas Clear USB is really good for the price. Wipes the floor with WireWorld - stock AP2 fare. 


but that solution is to much it;s 1k USdollar only for the audiophelo

i think ifi usb power plus gemini cable is more worth in value vs performance


Edited by hugoboss - 5/3/14 at 12:13am
post #2639 of 14560

Thanks, I already solved the problem

 

I forgot to adjust the output format in DSP studio!

post #2640 of 14560
Apparently they did tests with plants were they played continuous music to young plants,they grew the most with classical and grew the least with heavy metal,maybe that's why I'm only 5ft 10 inches
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum