- 8 Posts. Joined 6/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on Yesterday at 2:55 am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 11/27/16 at 2:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 11/30/16 at 11:27am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Chord Hugo - Page 175post #2611 of 142225/2/14 at 8:38amAk120 is very picky on the optical cables, like a spoilt brat
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2612 of 142225/2/14 at 8:45am
Has someone being able to compare ZX1 (USB) >HUGO with AK240 (Optical) >HUGO ?
I much prefer the UI of the ZX1 and love the fact that we stream on it Qobuz HD or Spotyfy to discover new music...but I don't want to trade for this an inferior SQ.
thankspost #2614 of 142225/2/14 at 11:18ampost #2615 of 142225/2/14 at 11:22amQuote:
No kidding. The Hugo's liquid-ness + the HD800's atmospherics, I'm listening to more opera. I'm getting old.
Damn kids with your compressed music and ibuds, get off my lawn!
ps - Listen to Alison Krauss - "Ghost in this House" from her concert.
Edited by deadie - 5/2/14 at 11:25ampost #2618 of 142225/2/14 at 12:15pm
Hello to all of you!
I'm on my second Hugo as I had to send the first one back for a little repair and my dealer was kind enough to exchange it for one with the new casing! I use it as a dac only but I may get some nice headphones later on.
Cheers!post #2619 of 142225/2/14 at 12:19pmQuote:
are you using the Stock HD800 cable with the HUGO ?post #2620 of 142225/2/14 at 1:25pm
Hi-Fi+ just released an excellent review of the Hugo in their May issue.
The reviewer compared it to a Auralic Vega/Taurus system and said that although he slightly prefered the Auralic system overall, the Hugo came "tantalisingly close to matching the overall performance."
I was disappointed that the reviewer did not go into detail about the Hugo's performance as a DAC only.post #2621 of 142225/2/14 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by OK-Guy
The 'Chord-Noble Tour' rolls into London this weekend (1st-5th May)…
you will be able to demo the amazing Noble K10’s along with 8C & N6 with the sensational Chord Hugo.
the Event is being hosted by Farrukh (SCSAV) and was arranged by Chord… refreshments and a warm & friendly welcome awaits… you can either just turn-up or arrange a time by emailing them, you can take your own source/music to listen to via the Hugo, details below:-
Swiss Cottage Sound & Vision
21 Northways Parade
Tube Station: Swiss Cottage (Jubilee Line)
slight change of plans, SCSAV will not be open on Bank Holiday Monday but will be open on Sunday... you can demo Hugo with the K10, 8C & N6 in style.post #2622 of 142225/2/14 at 1:45pmi have been listening to a friend's Auralic Vega in tandem with my Hugo over the last few months, and I would say that although the Vega is a fine DAC . In the long term it is not as
Natural-sounding as the Hugo, it is more immediately impressive, but over the long haul is more fatiguing and just not as musical and realistic, Therefore not as good IMOpost #2623 of 142225/2/14 at 1:56pmIn relation to Sleepy guy's comment regarding : listening to more classical music, I think this illlustrates how natural -sounding the Hugo is . Acoustic timbres and voices just sound mega-realistic and are truly breathtaking!
,post #2624 of 142225/2/14 at 1:58pmpost #2625 of 142225/2/14 at 2:21pm
I just download DXD music (352kHz) from 2L.
But when I playing the music by HD USB on Hugo, Hugo just show the green light (96kHz)
Someone know what's the problem?
I use JRiver 18 as player....
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Meze 12 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › M40x vs. Ultrasone Pro 900 12 seconds ago
- › Excellent condition Oppo HA-2 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 4 minutes ago
- › Clip-ons with stronger sub bass than KSC75s? 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 5 minutes ago
- › A very simple single-ended parafeed design 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear