New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 170

post #2536 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Watts View Post

Thanks, I will pass this on to John Franks. 
I spoke with Matt at Chord they've say they have 500 pieces of a short straight gold plated solid brass RCA extender being made for them. These will be available on request to those customers that have sent in their Guarantee cards. These parts will come along with a complete set of micro USB cables too. Matt says that Hugo has only one screening ground and that is the chassis so there are no problems with these touching each other or the chassis.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2537 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisse muller View Post


I spoke with Matt at Chord they've say they have 500 pieces of a short straight gold plated solid brass RCA extender being made for them. These will be available on request to those customers that have sent in their Guarantee cards. These parts will come along with a complete set of micro USB cables too. Matt says that Hugo has only one screening ground and that is the chassis so there are no problems with these touching each other or the chassis.

 

Anyone can get this? whether they have the new or old chassis regardless or just for the ones with the old chassis? 

post #2538 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakki View Post

Hi, you are not misunderstanding my post. I drove my 805 directly with Hugo. The digital input was my Linn Akurate DS/K and as I explained in the previous post, I attached speaker cables to RCA plugs and then plugged them to Hugo's RCA outputs. It worked very well. 
805 was very loud when the volume was in ultra-violet color. I found that volume level at blue color was loud enough for most of the albums I had.
For some of the albums, I had to turn my Hugo's volume to ultra-violet level... but never the white color level. Please kindly try yourself as well as it is pretty easy to try.
From the sound quality perspective, Hugo drove my 805 Diamond very well. Hugo was superior in details, sound stage preciseness and had no harsh in the trebles. I found that my reference digital amplifier TA-DR1 sounded no better in those areas. TA-DR1 was more powerful in the bass and more live but I guess there was not much difference in the level of sound quality. They are just different in the sound characters. Considering that my TA-DR1 used to be SONY's flagship model ... Hugo's sound quality was very impressive.

Wow. That means you didn't even send through headphone amplification although with Hugo's design, I'm not sure how big a difference that means. Basically you are saying line level or close to it could drive the speakers. Have you tried just plugging in the linn directly to speakers as well as it should be similar given that both sending around line level.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am trying this on mine, but maybe I will. I still don't see how it would work even close to well or loud. Those speakers are 50w at 8ohms minimum recommended. Don't see how the 1w at 8ohms could be enough as speakers would try to draw a ton more which would cause clipping etc even if you could hear anything beyond a whisper. And the tiny battery would drain fast assuming it could pull out what it wanted.

Hew did you attach speaker plugs into rca jack? Did you rewire speak cables or use some adapter. Could you link the adapter or give us picture of rewire. Might try if just using adapter.
post #2539 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisse muller View Post

I spoke with Matt at Chord they've say they have 500 pieces of a short straight gold plated solid brass RCA extender being made for them. These will be available on request to those customers that have sent in their Guarantee cards. These parts will come along with a complete set of micro USB cables too. Matt says that Hugo has only one screening ground and that is the chassis so there are no problems with these touching each other or the chassis.

Awesome news. I'll send my card in ASAP. Did he say when this might happen? Also whether or not connectors are straight or 90 degree
post #2540 of 7785

the HO and LO are identical. They share the same amplification circuit according to the designer.

post #2541 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post
 

the HO and LO are identical. They share the same amplification circuit according to the designer.

I can attest to that, I got the same noisy output on all 3 HO and RCA lineout when using BT input.  Just need that fixing and it would be a complete solution.

post #2542 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

the HO and LO are identical. They share the same amplification circuit according to the designer.

Yeah.
post #2543 of 7785

anyone compared  AK240>Optical>HUGO  to     Sony ZX1>USB>HUGO ?  which offer best SQ ? Those are my 2 options to replace my AK100 as a source for the HUGO.  

post #2544 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashem View Post


Wow. That means you didn't even send through headphone amplification although with Hugo's design, I'm not sure how big a difference that means. Basically you are saying line level or close to it could drive the speakers. Have you tried just plugging in the linn directly to speakers as well as it should be similar given that both sending around line level.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am trying this on mine, but maybe I will. I still don't see how it would work even close to well or loud. Those speakers are 50w at 8ohms minimum recommended. Don't see how the 1w at 8ohms could be enough as speakers would try to draw a ton more which would cause clipping etc even if you could hear anything beyond a whisper. And the tiny battery would drain fast assuming it could pull out what it wanted.

Hew did you attach speaker plugs into rca jack? Did you rewire speak cables or use some adapter. Could you link the adapter or give us picture of rewire. Might try if just using adapter.

I was also surprised to see my speakers sounded loud with only 1w limitation. Also, I kept listening to the music for more than 1 hour but the battery didn't go out may be because it was connected to the AC power supply.

Also, OK, please take a look at my pictures. I used a RCA plug that looks like WBT. It does not require solders to joint cables as it has screws. Very handy to use. 

post #2545 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by weisse muller View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Watts View Post

Thanks, I will pass this on to John Franks. 
I spoke with Matt at Chord they've say they have 500 pieces of a short straight gold plated solid brass RCA extender being made for them. These will be available on request to those customers that have sent in their Guarantee cards. These parts will come along with a complete set of micro USB cables too. Matt says that Hugo has only one screening ground and that is the chassis so there are no problems with these touching each other or the chassis.

Again,,,,super impressive customer focus Chord is displaying. If I build another system it is going to be 100 percent Chord.
post #2546 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by podeschi View Post


Again,,,,super impressive customer focus Chord is displaying. If I build another system it is going to be 100 percent Chord.

 

But....Chord doesn't make headphones or speakers, so that wouldn't be possible :wink: 

post #2547 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by podeschi View Post


Again,,,,super impressive customer focus Chord is displaying. If I build another system it is going to be 100 percent Chord.

 

But....Chord doesn't make headphones or speakers, so that wouldn't be possible :wink: 


Chord....wait for it....ELECTRONICS
post #2548 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakki View Post

I was also surprised to see my speakers sounded loud with only 1w limitation. Also, I kept listening to the music for more than 1 hour but the battery didn't go out may be because it was connected to the AC power supply.
Also, OK, please take a look at my pictures. I used a RCA plug that looks like WBT. It does not require solders to joint cables as it has screws. Very handy to use. 



Interesting. What connector is that? Do you have link?
post #2549 of 7785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashem View Post


Interesting. What connector is that? Do you have link?

The RCA I used is RP-1013ZAG. Please kindly google it if you are interested in.

It is a fake WBT plug but reasonable in the price and have no issues in the sound as well.

post #2550 of 7785

The 'Chord-Noble Tour' rolls into London this weekend (1st-5th May)…

 

you will be able to demo the amazing Noble K10’s along with 8C & N6 with the sensational Chord Hugo.

 

the Event is being hosted by Farrukh (SCSAV) and was arranged by Chord… refreshments and a warm & friendly welcome awaits… you can either just turn-up or arrange a time by emailing them, you can take your own source/music to listen to via the Hugo, details below:-

 

Swiss Cottage Sound & Vision
21 Northways Parade
Finchley Road
SWISS COTTAGE
London
NW3 5EN

 

Email: info@SCSAV.co.uk
Website: www.SCSAV.co.uk

 

Thursday-Saturday 10am-6pm

Sunday 12pm-4pm

Monday 10am-6pm

 

Tube Station: Swiss Cottage (Jubilee Line)


Edited by OK-Guy - 4/29/14 at 3:59am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum

Gear mentioned in this thread: