New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 139

post #2071 of 9123

I still got to make up my mind on TH900 and HUGO combo. It sounds is nice but there is nothing there that capture ones attention right away that is normally a good thing as there is nothing really out of balance. 

post #2072 of 9123

Can anyone conform some 1 meter toslink cable that fits with chord HUGO?

 

I was thinking of getting the chord company cable but I think it might be too big. I like sysconcept cable but I like to try my like locally first. 

post #2073 of 9123
Really thanks you guys for your kind words. I heard that th900 is more bass heavy. I used to like booming bass but now I prefer tighter ones. I'm not a particular crazy heavy metal fan. I like psychedelic/space rock more. As for Audeze, I think they cost much more than HD800, which could put me in a situation with great music enjoyment and starvation. I also want something with flatter response cos someday I might do some recording and mastering.

By the way I do not own hugo at the moment. I'm trying to figure out what to go with hugo before I buy it.
post #2074 of 9123

No, nope of those have old fashion bloomy bass lol! They are tight.


Edited by SleepyOne - 4/18/14 at 5:48pm
post #2075 of 9123

Careful there : )

 

Bass heavy? Moreso than the average bear, but it's such high quality, "boom" is no way to describe it. The bass is so clean and tight that sometimes they give the false impression of having less than they do. Must be heard!

post #2076 of 9123

Not I, done with the cheap talk, :wink_face:.  I just bought it.  Get it while it's available.  I got a feeling that this device is such a huge game changer that it is only going to get tougher to find over the next year as it picks up momentum. 

 

    :popcorn:  Elivis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteUnknown View Post

By the way I do not own hugo at the moment. I'm trying to figure out what to go with hugo before I buy it.

Edited by elviscaprice - 4/18/14 at 5:37pm
post #2077 of 9123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOne View Post
 

 

I use my laptop (with JRiver, foobar etc) and definitely no hiss whatsoever. Maybe best check with Chord or your dealer.  I assume the hiss happens with both PC and ipod?

Yes it happen with both PC and ipod. The sound could not be contribute by the source as when  I removed all source input and cable the hiss still persist and only gone when the Hugo is switch off.

 

After switch off the Hugo for one to two hours and restart the Hugo, the hiss since to go down.

This morning the hiss seem to be gone, will check with the dealer if the hiss come back again. Thanks

post #2078 of 9123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteUnknown View Post

Really thanks you guys for your kind words. I heard that th900 is more bass heavy. I used to like booming bass but now I prefer tighter ones. I'm not a particular crazy heavy metal fan. I like psychedelic/space rock more. As for Audeze, I think they cost much more than HD800, which could put me in a situation with great music enjoyment and starvation. I also want something with flatter response cos someday I might do some recording and mastering.

By the way I do not own hugo at the moment. I'm trying to figure out what to go with hugo before I buy it.

Well since you are a college student I think sticking with K3003 and finding better tips (comply tip) is a better alternative. Non of the product you have mentioned will go away and the wise thing to do is wait and let the market settle.

 

I personally would think getting a HUGO for K3003 is perhaps an over-kill. I think it is much wiser to first try your K3003 with HUGO before selling it, there is no point on going on about things based on assumption.

 

Last thing you want is selling the K3003 and getting the HD800 only to find out it was not what you wanted and now you want your K3003 back but you have to buy it at near full price!

 

Good luck. 

post #2079 of 9123
Quote:
Originally Posted by elviscaprice View Post
 

Not I, done with the cheap talk, :wink_face:.  I just bought it.  Get it while it's available.  I got a feeling that this device is such a huge game changer that it is only going to get tougher to find over the next year as it picks up momentum. 

 

    :popcorn:  Elivis

Well that doesn't really make sense, I doubt chord will discontinue making HUGO anytime soon. HUGO is going through the same phase ibasso DX50 went. It is selling like hot cake now but eventually things will stabilize. I am not really excited to see what chord is going to come up next in order to improve on HUGO! Now that is something to be excited about, but regarding the worrying about not been able to find HUGO in the future I think that is a little too dramatic.

post #2080 of 9123

On the Bluetooth input seem like could connect to Sony Xperia  Z1 ( with suppose with APT-x ) but get a non-audible noise, however the BT work fine with Apple Itouch 64g (old version I think 2nd generation). 

post #2081 of 9123
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post
 

Well that doesn't really make sense, I doubt chord will discontinue making HUGO anytime soon. HUGO is going through the same phase ibasso DX50 went. It is selling like hot cake now but eventually things will stabilize. , but regarding the worrying about not been able to find HUGO in the future I think that is a little too dramatic.


Really?

You have first hand knowledge on production capabilities?  I never insinuated that the Hugo would be discontinued.  NOT


Edited by elviscaprice - 4/18/14 at 5:59pm
post #2082 of 9123
Quote:
Originally Posted by elviscaprice View Post
 


Really?

You have first hand knowledge on production capabilities?  I never insinuated that the Hugo would be discontinued.  NOT

Not but I certainly do not doubt chord production capabilities ;) 

From what I had noticed the demand and supply are catching up, all the Australian sellers are already on their second batch with their updated casing, not bad. 

post #2083 of 9123
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post
 

Not but I certainly do not doubt chord production capabilities ;) 

From what I had noticed the demand and supply are catching up, all the Australian sellers are already on their second batch with their updated casing, not bad. 


Here ya :smile: ,

But I'm sure Chord stocked up on necessary components well before release.  All it takes is one important component to lapse and fall behind.  Apple is a great case in point.  Chord is a smitten smaller than Apple, so I'm sure their production abilities are a bit smaller.  (Being facetious :wink_face:)

 

Now I'm not saying you should rush out and buy the Hugo before careful considerations, but if your going to eventually buy it regardless, better to do it now while it's available.  Just my 2 cents.  Otherwise roll the dice, price increase, sold out hard to find.  It's possible!


Edited by elviscaprice - 4/18/14 at 6:37pm
post #2084 of 9123

Darn it seems to be that my AK120 dislikes to output anything mover 24/96 optically, bummer! 

post #2085 of 9123
Quote:
 Can't really tell if Native DSD sounds as good as DoP however.

Didn't realised I mixed up DSD with DoP; should be DoP sounds as good as DSD. It is as ted_b said, adding more 1s and 0s shouldn't make the music sounds better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum