- 7,147 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 6/20/15 at 3:25am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Today at 3:09 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 5/31/15 at 3:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- NEW Chord Electronics Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PSD and DSD Audio - Portable and Desktop,... Last post on 6/16/14 at 7:04am in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Chord Hugo - Page 106
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
No Hugo-specific guides out there yet but here's something similar for QuteHD and QBD76 HDSD
Thank you for the links!!
I'm thinking about getting the Seagate wireless plus but wanted to know how I would be able to access the music on it exp. DSD files?
Do I install the Onkyo HF player? and if I do how can I access the Seagate drive via the Onkyo App?
You will need a different player.. something like PlugPlayer, as the Onkyo player don't support network playing.
I have heard that you need to use ALAC to play bit perfect. And if you want to play native DSD, you need to embed the DSD in a ALAC file.
Hugo will then use DoP and play DSD natively.
Are you sure hugo have enough power to drive the 600 ohm T1. without any headphone amp in the middle
Yes it can drive T1 fine, no problem there. It needs a bit more effort to push T1 (in the form of slightly higher volume) compares to HD800.
seeteeyou - Got Foobar, JRiver, HQplayer all working fine with DSD thanks!
Edited by SleepyOne - 4/8/14 at 9:39am
It drove them easily. Sounds great.
Has anyone thought about using the Dell Venue Pro 8 as a source for the Hugo?
It's not a bad price. Not sure how it would run with JRiver installed on it.
I might get one just to try out.
How do you guys feel about the amp in the Hugo?
I can't expound too much here, but lets just say it's my opinion that it has a great DAC that can be used standalone in a reference system, and is neatly transportable, but is feeding an internal amp that isn't punching my buttons. I feel I achieve far greater performance by using the Hugo as a DAC feeding almost any other amp. Just to show I'm not being negative for the sake of it, I'll go ahead and say that I think the Hugo feeding even the SR-71B smokes the Hugo's amp in quality and power. Hugo works ok as an all-in-one solution, as the DAC is ace-quality, but it's quite easy to step up the performance with any external amp. Which kills one of the main reasons I wanted it in the first place.
I did comprehensive testing last night with several amps and headphones, and trying different inputs on the Hugo with different bit rate material. Thus was my conclusion. Others have said the amp is very good, for a portable amp. But I digress. Perchance my Hugo amp isn't operating correctly. Possible this first production run from Chord has had some QC issues, noting the problems seen in this thread. This is a normal thing to a certain extent. Nothing against Chord. It's a very technical product. There's no chance you can release a perfect product the first round. Not even Apple can pull that off.
No, it won't be a problem at all. The Hugo has very low output impedance (.075), and can drive anything. It would need to be greater than 1ohm for there to be potential problems. So you're very safely in the golden zone with the K3003.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 4/8/14 at 11:43am
Yeah currently using my AKG with the Hugo and it sounds fine.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 43 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Cable Burn In with regard to Audio Directionality. 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Just bought my first pair of decent headphones, looking to learn a... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)