- 7,055 Posts. Joined 6/2007
- Location: Santa Monica, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 4/22/15 at 4:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 4/4/15 at 4:28am in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- NEW Chord Electronics Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PSD and DSD Audio - Portable and Desktop,... Last post on 6/16/14 at 7:04am in Moon Audio Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
For the complete review click on the IMHO Tech Blog link.
So i bought the pistons 3 from Ibuygou.com a week ago. The unboxing experience was stellar just like the older version, I was slightly disappointed that the chocolate smell was not present. Oh...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Chord Hugo - Page 106
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
No Hugo-specific guides out there yet but here's something similar for QuteHD and QBD76 HDSD
Thank you for the links!!
I'm thinking about getting the Seagate wireless plus but wanted to know how I would be able to access the music on it exp. DSD files?
Do I install the Onkyo HF player? and if I do how can I access the Seagate drive via the Onkyo App?
You will need a different player.. something like PlugPlayer, as the Onkyo player don't support network playing.
I have heard that you need to use ALAC to play bit perfect. And if you want to play native DSD, you need to embed the DSD in a ALAC file.
Hugo will then use DoP and play DSD natively.
Are you sure hugo have enough power to drive the 600 ohm T1. without any headphone amp in the middle
Yes it can drive T1 fine, no problem there. It needs a bit more effort to push T1 (in the form of slightly higher volume) compares to HD800.
seeteeyou - Got Foobar, JRiver, HQplayer all working fine with DSD thanks!
Edited by SleepyOne - 4/8/14 at 9:39am
It drove them easily. Sounds great.
Has anyone thought about using the Dell Venue Pro 8 as a source for the Hugo?
It's not a bad price. Not sure how it would run with JRiver installed on it.
I might get one just to try out.
How do you guys feel about the amp in the Hugo?
I can't expound too much here, but lets just say it's my opinion that it has a great DAC that can be used standalone in a reference system, and is neatly transportable, but is feeding an internal amp that isn't punching my buttons. I feel I achieve far greater performance by using the Hugo as a DAC feeding almost any other amp. Just to show I'm not being negative for the sake of it, I'll go ahead and say that I think the Hugo feeding even the SR-71B smokes the Hugo's amp in quality and power. Hugo works ok as an all-in-one solution, as the DAC is ace-quality, but it's quite easy to step up the performance with any external amp. Which kills one of the main reasons I wanted it in the first place.
I did comprehensive testing last night with several amps and headphones, and trying different inputs on the Hugo with different bit rate material. Thus was my conclusion. Others have said the amp is very good, for a portable amp. But I digress. Perchance my Hugo amp isn't operating correctly. Possible this first production run from Chord has had some QC issues, noting the problems seen in this thread. This is a normal thing to a certain extent. Nothing against Chord. It's a very technical product. There's no chance you can release a perfect product the first round. Not even Apple can pull that off.
No, it won't be a problem at all. The Hugo has very low output impedance (.075), and can drive anything. It would need to be greater than 1ohm for there to be potential problems. So you're very safely in the golden zone with the K3003.
Edited by SoundFreaq - 4/8/14 at 11:43am
Yeah currently using my AKG with the Hugo and it sounds fine.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 44 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Tzar
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by MakeTotlDestroy
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2