Listened to the Hugo the first time today. It is beautiful and brilliant, really happy with it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:04 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on 6/13/16 at 4:20am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
Chord Hugo - Page 97post #1441 of 134884/2/14 at 1:18pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1442 of 134884/2/14 at 1:20pmQuote:
please let us see the result.
thankspost #1443 of 134884/2/14 at 4:40pmQuote:
Does that mean that : iPad/iPhone/Android> Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo >COAX>HUGO will sound better than iPad/iPhone/Android> CCK > USB-mini>HUGO ?
It is worth the extra "brick" ?post #1444 of 134884/2/14 at 7:58pmpost #1445 of 134884/2/14 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by seeteeyou
That might somewhat depend on what lossless audio files we're playing as well as what USB cables versus coaxial cables we're talking about.
First of all, the original CLAS only supports iPad/iPhone/iPod so Android devices are no go. And CLAS might only support up to 48KHz so anything above that should be downcoverted accordingly. And then we'll have to figure out what coaxial cables will fit Hugo's recessed jack without an adapter of some sort. Of course we could also get a really nice 30-pin/Lightning to USB Type "A" cable for better sound.
Of course we could also feed Hugo's coaxial input with something even better than the original CLAS. However, most devices with RCA jacks for coaxial output aren't really all that portable to begin with. Colorfly C4 is an example for sure but its RCA jack is simply as recessed as Hugo's. And then we also have HM-901 / HM-802 with that relatively dock.
For Hugo's micro USB input, we just really don't have that many choices at the moment when it comes to flagship USB cables without any adapters. Besides, we're also limited by the quality of Apple's CCK by default unless we modify that cable manually.
Basically it all depends on how creative we're willing to get since the input jacks of Hugo are so tricky to begin with. Only DIY solutions will enable us to work around those challenges unless we don't mind any adapters.
If they're opting for mini USB for its HD USB input, then at least we could pick either Wireworld Platinum Starlight or Audioquest Diamond. Next in line would be Kimber or ViaBlue.
For now Vertere Double D D-Fi V2 USB could be our best bet for those of us without any DIY skills whatsoever.
Thanks for the info.. I can't seems to find any good audiophile micro usb cable, do u have any recommendation, I believe most are either usb b and mini. I am still hunting for one micro usb cable.post #1446 of 134884/2/14 at 10:14pmpost #1447 of 134884/2/14 at 10:16pm
Music files: FLAC lossless
Source: Surface Pro 1 running Jriver Media Center 19
DAC/Amp: Hugo Chord with no external headphone amplifier
Headphones: Audio-Technica W3000ANV, Audio-Technica ESW10JPN
Just beautiful music and sound quality - detailed and yet musical !!
After 3 weeks, I connected Chord Hugo as DAC to my main system:
Chord Hugo -> Densen DM-10 integrated amplifier -> ATC SCM12 speakers
Beautiful music again !!
fwiw, I let Chord Hugo output default volume and control the volume by Densen DM-10; to me it sounds better than increasing the volume output of Chord Hugo, don't know why.
Also, on the RCA connection, I have tried with Eichmann Bullet Plug and WBT-0110 NextGen, both fitting fine. My unit is of the original chassis.
Cheers,post #1448 of 134884/2/14 at 11:47pmEspecially given the discussion around differences in input sound quality, I am posting my dealer's insights on the Hugo. I spent time with him on the phone this weekend. He is like us - a fanatic about what is best. I shared with him the Hugo is the only digital source I own or have heard (even driving my Audeze directly from CCK) that rivals my $50k turntable (spiral groove SG 1.1 with Goldfinger statement cartridge). I am surprised more people aren't writing how the Hugo is upending notions of what is possible in high end audio today.
Edited by podeschi - 4/3/14 at 12:16ampost #1449 of 134884/2/14 at 11:53pmpost #1450 of 134884/2/14 at 11:59pmI vote seeteeyou as the most resourceful headfier for 2014 award. I am going to call moon audio tommorrow and get the silver dragon cable. One reviewer said it rivals a $700 cable.post #1451 of 134884/3/14 at 12:06ampost #1452 of 134884/3/14 at 12:17amQuote:
Herron Audio and Audience.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDpost #1453 of 134884/3/14 at 12:18amQuote:
I have the blue dragon and silver dragon. I prefer the blue dragon.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDpost #1454 of 134884/3/14 at 1:29amQuote:
Zu Mission RCA, very neutral and coherent. Big bang for bucks.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 13 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 1 minute ago
- › schiit lyr 2 vs valhalla 2 recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...