Listened to the Hugo the first time today. It is beautiful and brilliant, really happy with it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 7/19/16 at 6:08am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
- NEW Chord Hugo USB DAC headphone amp for PCM & DSD audio, Portable and Desktop amplifier,... Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:43am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 3/23/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Chord Hugo - Page 97post #1441 of 135484/2/14 at 1:18pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1442 of 135484/2/14 at 1:20pmQuote:
please let us see the result.
thankspost #1443 of 135484/2/14 at 4:40pmQuote:
Does that mean that : iPad/iPhone/Android> Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo >COAX>HUGO will sound better than iPad/iPhone/Android> CCK > USB-mini>HUGO ?
It is worth the extra "brick" ?post #1444 of 135484/2/14 at 7:58pmpost #1445 of 135484/2/14 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by seeteeyou
That might somewhat depend on what lossless audio files we're playing as well as what USB cables versus coaxial cables we're talking about.
First of all, the original CLAS only supports iPad/iPhone/iPod so Android devices are no go. And CLAS might only support up to 48KHz so anything above that should be downcoverted accordingly. And then we'll have to figure out what coaxial cables will fit Hugo's recessed jack without an adapter of some sort. Of course we could also get a really nice 30-pin/Lightning to USB Type "A" cable for better sound.
Of course we could also feed Hugo's coaxial input with something even better than the original CLAS. However, most devices with RCA jacks for coaxial output aren't really all that portable to begin with. Colorfly C4 is an example for sure but its RCA jack is simply as recessed as Hugo's. And then we also have HM-901 / HM-802 with that relatively dock.
For Hugo's micro USB input, we just really don't have that many choices at the moment when it comes to flagship USB cables without any adapters. Besides, we're also limited by the quality of Apple's CCK by default unless we modify that cable manually.
Basically it all depends on how creative we're willing to get since the input jacks of Hugo are so tricky to begin with. Only DIY solutions will enable us to work around those challenges unless we don't mind any adapters.
If they're opting for mini USB for its HD USB input, then at least we could pick either Wireworld Platinum Starlight or Audioquest Diamond. Next in line would be Kimber or ViaBlue.
For now Vertere Double D D-Fi V2 USB could be our best bet for those of us without any DIY skills whatsoever.
Thanks for the info.. I can't seems to find any good audiophile micro usb cable, do u have any recommendation, I believe most are either usb b and mini. I am still hunting for one micro usb cable.post #1446 of 135484/2/14 at 10:14pmpost #1447 of 135484/2/14 at 10:16pm
Music files: FLAC lossless
Source: Surface Pro 1 running Jriver Media Center 19
DAC/Amp: Hugo Chord with no external headphone amplifier
Headphones: Audio-Technica W3000ANV, Audio-Technica ESW10JPN
Just beautiful music and sound quality - detailed and yet musical !!
After 3 weeks, I connected Chord Hugo as DAC to my main system:
Chord Hugo -> Densen DM-10 integrated amplifier -> ATC SCM12 speakers
Beautiful music again !!
fwiw, I let Chord Hugo output default volume and control the volume by Densen DM-10; to me it sounds better than increasing the volume output of Chord Hugo, don't know why.
Also, on the RCA connection, I have tried with Eichmann Bullet Plug and WBT-0110 NextGen, both fitting fine. My unit is of the original chassis.
Cheers,post #1448 of 135484/2/14 at 11:47pmEspecially given the discussion around differences in input sound quality, I am posting my dealer's insights on the Hugo. I spent time with him on the phone this weekend. He is like us - a fanatic about what is best. I shared with him the Hugo is the only digital source I own or have heard (even driving my Audeze directly from CCK) that rivals my $50k turntable (spiral groove SG 1.1 with Goldfinger statement cartridge). I am surprised more people aren't writing how the Hugo is upending notions of what is possible in high end audio today.
Edited by podeschi - 4/3/14 at 12:16ampost #1449 of 135484/2/14 at 11:53pmpost #1450 of 135484/2/14 at 11:59pmI vote seeteeyou as the most resourceful headfier for 2014 award. I am going to call moon audio tommorrow and get the silver dragon cable. One reviewer said it rivals a $700 cable.post #1451 of 135484/3/14 at 12:06ampost #1452 of 135484/3/14 at 12:17amQuote:
Herron Audio and Audience.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDpost #1453 of 135484/3/14 at 12:18amQuote:
I have the blue dragon and silver dragon. I prefer the blue dragon.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDpost #1454 of 135484/3/14 at 1:29amQuote:
Zu Mission RCA, very neutral and coherent. Big bang for bucks.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › FS: Oppo PM-3 White 12 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 38 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 46 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Mass KoBo 394 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...