Listened to the Hugo the first time today. It is beautiful and brilliant, really happy with it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on 9/30/16 at 12:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 7:54 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Today at 11:03 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Chord Mojo FAQLast edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Chord Hugo - Page 97post #1441 of 139964/2/14 at 1:18pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1442 of 139964/2/14 at 1:20pmQuote:
please let us see the result.
thankspost #1443 of 139964/2/14 at 4:40pmQuote:
Does that mean that : iPad/iPhone/Android> Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo >COAX>HUGO will sound better than iPad/iPhone/Android> CCK > USB-mini>HUGO ?
It is worth the extra "brick" ?post #1444 of 139964/2/14 at 7:58pmpost #1445 of 139964/2/14 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by seeteeyou
That might somewhat depend on what lossless audio files we're playing as well as what USB cables versus coaxial cables we're talking about.
First of all, the original CLAS only supports iPad/iPhone/iPod so Android devices are no go. And CLAS might only support up to 48KHz so anything above that should be downcoverted accordingly. And then we'll have to figure out what coaxial cables will fit Hugo's recessed jack without an adapter of some sort. Of course we could also get a really nice 30-pin/Lightning to USB Type "A" cable for better sound.
Of course we could also feed Hugo's coaxial input with something even better than the original CLAS. However, most devices with RCA jacks for coaxial output aren't really all that portable to begin with. Colorfly C4 is an example for sure but its RCA jack is simply as recessed as Hugo's. And then we also have HM-901 / HM-802 with that relatively dock.
For Hugo's micro USB input, we just really don't have that many choices at the moment when it comes to flagship USB cables without any adapters. Besides, we're also limited by the quality of Apple's CCK by default unless we modify that cable manually.
Basically it all depends on how creative we're willing to get since the input jacks of Hugo are so tricky to begin with. Only DIY solutions will enable us to work around those challenges unless we don't mind any adapters.
If they're opting for mini USB for its HD USB input, then at least we could pick either Wireworld Platinum Starlight or Audioquest Diamond. Next in line would be Kimber or ViaBlue.
For now Vertere Double D D-Fi V2 USB could be our best bet for those of us without any DIY skills whatsoever.
Thanks for the info.. I can't seems to find any good audiophile micro usb cable, do u have any recommendation, I believe most are either usb b and mini. I am still hunting for one micro usb cable.post #1446 of 139964/2/14 at 10:14pmpost #1447 of 139964/2/14 at 10:16pm
Music files: FLAC lossless
Source: Surface Pro 1 running Jriver Media Center 19
DAC/Amp: Hugo Chord with no external headphone amplifier
Headphones: Audio-Technica W3000ANV, Audio-Technica ESW10JPN
Just beautiful music and sound quality - detailed and yet musical !!
After 3 weeks, I connected Chord Hugo as DAC to my main system:
Chord Hugo -> Densen DM-10 integrated amplifier -> ATC SCM12 speakers
Beautiful music again !!
fwiw, I let Chord Hugo output default volume and control the volume by Densen DM-10; to me it sounds better than increasing the volume output of Chord Hugo, don't know why.
Also, on the RCA connection, I have tried with Eichmann Bullet Plug and WBT-0110 NextGen, both fitting fine. My unit is of the original chassis.
Cheers,post #1448 of 139964/2/14 at 11:47pmEspecially given the discussion around differences in input sound quality, I am posting my dealer's insights on the Hugo. I spent time with him on the phone this weekend. He is like us - a fanatic about what is best. I shared with him the Hugo is the only digital source I own or have heard (even driving my Audeze directly from CCK) that rivals my $50k turntable (spiral groove SG 1.1 with Goldfinger statement cartridge). I am surprised more people aren't writing how the Hugo is upending notions of what is possible in high end audio today.
Edited by podeschi - 4/3/14 at 12:16ampost #1449 of 139964/2/14 at 11:53pmpost #1450 of 139964/2/14 at 11:59pmI vote seeteeyou as the most resourceful headfier for 2014 award. I am going to call moon audio tommorrow and get the silver dragon cable. One reviewer said it rivals a $700 cable.post #1451 of 139964/3/14 at 12:06ampost #1452 of 139964/3/14 at 12:17amQuote:
Herron Audio and Audience.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDpost #1453 of 139964/3/14 at 12:18amQuote:
I have the blue dragon and silver dragon. I prefer the blue dragon.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDpost #1454 of 139964/3/14 at 1:29amQuote:
Zu Mission RCA, very neutral and coherent. Big bang for bucks.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Chord Mojo FAQ
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 34 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2A 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › So my Philips X2 have minimal bass, upgrade? 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 9 minutes ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 26 Portable Sources, the BIT Opus 1... 13 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 13 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...