Listened to the Hugo the first time today. It is beautiful and brilliant, really happy with it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Chord Hugo TT is announced. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:30am in High-end Audio Forum
- 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, ZX-2, FiiO X5, X5II, Chord... Last post on Today at 7:50 am in Portable Source Gear
- Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread Last post on 1/18/17 at 8:58am in High-end Audio Forum
- Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced Last post on Today at 7:52 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD Last post on 1/31/16 at 9:27pm in High-end Audio Forum
Chord Mojo FAQ
Last edited: 10/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Chord Hugo - Page 97post #1441 of 145604/2/14 at 1:18pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1442 of 145604/2/14 at 1:20pmQuote:
please let us see the result.
thankspost #1443 of 145604/2/14 at 4:40pmQuote:
Does that mean that : iPad/iPhone/Android> Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo >COAX>HUGO will sound better than iPad/iPhone/Android> CCK > USB-mini>HUGO ?
It is worth the extra "brick" ?post #1444 of 145604/2/14 at 7:58pmpost #1445 of 145604/2/14 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by seeteeyou
That might somewhat depend on what lossless audio files we're playing as well as what USB cables versus coaxial cables we're talking about.
First of all, the original CLAS only supports iPad/iPhone/iPod so Android devices are no go. And CLAS might only support up to 48KHz so anything above that should be downcoverted accordingly. And then we'll have to figure out what coaxial cables will fit Hugo's recessed jack without an adapter of some sort. Of course we could also get a really nice 30-pin/Lightning to USB Type "A" cable for better sound.
Of course we could also feed Hugo's coaxial input with something even better than the original CLAS. However, most devices with RCA jacks for coaxial output aren't really all that portable to begin with. Colorfly C4 is an example for sure but its RCA jack is simply as recessed as Hugo's. And then we also have HM-901 / HM-802 with that relatively dock.
For Hugo's micro USB input, we just really don't have that many choices at the moment when it comes to flagship USB cables without any adapters. Besides, we're also limited by the quality of Apple's CCK by default unless we modify that cable manually.
Basically it all depends on how creative we're willing to get since the input jacks of Hugo are so tricky to begin with. Only DIY solutions will enable us to work around those challenges unless we don't mind any adapters.
If they're opting for mini USB for its HD USB input, then at least we could pick either Wireworld Platinum Starlight or Audioquest Diamond. Next in line would be Kimber or ViaBlue.
For now Vertere Double D D-Fi V2 USB could be our best bet for those of us without any DIY skills whatsoever.
Thanks for the info.. I can't seems to find any good audiophile micro usb cable, do u have any recommendation, I believe most are either usb b and mini. I am still hunting for one micro usb cable.post #1446 of 145604/2/14 at 10:14pmpost #1447 of 145604/2/14 at 10:16pm
Music files: FLAC lossless
Source: Surface Pro 1 running Jriver Media Center 19
DAC/Amp: Hugo Chord with no external headphone amplifier
Headphones: Audio-Technica W3000ANV, Audio-Technica ESW10JPN
Just beautiful music and sound quality - detailed and yet musical !!
After 3 weeks, I connected Chord Hugo as DAC to my main system:
Chord Hugo -> Densen DM-10 integrated amplifier -> ATC SCM12 speakers
Beautiful music again !!
fwiw, I let Chord Hugo output default volume and control the volume by Densen DM-10; to me it sounds better than increasing the volume output of Chord Hugo, don't know why.
Also, on the RCA connection, I have tried with Eichmann Bullet Plug and WBT-0110 NextGen, both fitting fine. My unit is of the original chassis.
Cheers,post #1448 of 145604/2/14 at 11:47pmEspecially given the discussion around differences in input sound quality, I am posting my dealer's insights on the Hugo. I spent time with him on the phone this weekend. He is like us - a fanatic about what is best. I shared with him the Hugo is the only digital source I own or have heard (even driving my Audeze directly from CCK) that rivals my $50k turntable (spiral groove SG 1.1 with Goldfinger statement cartridge). I am surprised more people aren't writing how the Hugo is upending notions of what is possible in high end audio today.
Edited by podeschi - 4/3/14 at 12:16ampost #1449 of 145604/2/14 at 11:53pmpost #1450 of 145604/2/14 at 11:59pmI vote seeteeyou as the most resourceful headfier for 2014 award. I am going to call moon audio tommorrow and get the silver dragon cable. One reviewer said it rivals a $700 cable.post #1451 of 145604/3/14 at 12:06ampost #1452 of 145604/3/14 at 12:17amQuote:
Herron Audio and Audience.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDpost #1453 of 145604/3/14 at 12:18amQuote:
I have the blue dragon and silver dragon. I prefer the blue dragon.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HDpost #1454 of 145604/3/14 at 1:29amQuote:
Zu Mission RCA, very neutral and coherent. Big bang for bucks.
- Chord Hugo
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Little Dot I+ (plus lot of 10 NE-408A tubes, 2 GE JAN5654W tubes &... 3 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 37 seconds ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Extreme Metal Zone! 44 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 59 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear