New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 93

post #1381 of 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOne View Post
 

From the pic not sure there is any more space for enlarging the holes lol! Any more probably the front might fall apart. I think Chord need to redesign the layout altogether, saying getting rid of that pointless extra 3.5mm jack for starter.


this is very right who want to have 3 input of headphone this is unnecessary , just remove one , and make that spdif hole bigger. and if there is normal usb b port in hugo that will make this a super desktop and portable dac 2in1

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1382 of 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post
 

 

Only digital inputs are found on Hugo and we only get an analog outputs. No analog inputs whatsoever.

 

 :eek:  :eek:  :confused:

post #1383 of 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainFood View Post
 

 

Is there actually anypoint in doing all the initial pressing to get into bypass mode? 

 

From the Robert Watts interview: "Now the volume control - pressing the cross feed button at start-up does not eliminate the volume control, it only sets it up so that it has exactly the same gain as Qute. I added this so that I could do careful listening tests with Qute."

 

Can't remember where but someone commented that they got better results by reducing the volume slightly (to blue, IIRC)- but I think that was to a preamp for speaker use.  More 'range' on the preamps volume control and slightly better sound too


Thanks for pointing out this...

 

I will try to use my 47lab  preamp out to see. However, when I tried with my SS amp using the Hugo default vol level and off the speaker out (without any resistors) for HE-6, it still felt underpowered. However, I will try increase the vol from a preamp to see if I can yield better result than increasing the vol level of Hugo...

post #1384 of 8318
Your welcome Hugo boss, at least everyone gets to see what the new chassis is like now, listening to it in the garden with the Mrs, superb!
post #1385 of 8318
I don't care what chord says it sounds well better as you run it in, wasn't mega blown away when I first put it on but after less than an hour it's really opening up, trust me chord ain't any different from any other expensive electronics, it needs running in fact!
post #1386 of 8318

Congrats! Hifi Nutter.... How are you using the Hugo in the garden?

post #1387 of 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

Your welcome Hugo boss, at least everyone gets to see what the new chassis is like now, listening to it in the garden with the Mrs, superb!

 

with what headphone are you using it ?   

post #1388 of 8318
post #1389 of 8318
I'm using sennheiser ie 800 and Mrs using the musical fidelity eb 33 which are amazing for 80 quid
post #1390 of 8318
Told her she got the best ear phones in the world lol
post #1391 of 8318
Just using my I phone 5s with the hd usb and lightning cable resting on a audiophile base platform, simple but superb!
post #1392 of 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


Thanks for pointing out this...

 

I will try to use my 47lab  preamp out to see. However, when I tried with my SS amp using the Hugo default vol level and off the speaker out (without any resistors) for HE-6, it still felt underpowered. However, I will try increase the vol from a preamp to see if I can yield better result than increasing the vol level of Hugo...

 

Well, I'm sure you are not the only one confused because Chord have a 'volume bypass' section in the manual, which they say you need to activate for standalone dac use.

 

Perhaps it should be retitled 'max gain' mode because there is never any bypassing going on.


Edited by BrainFood - 4/1/14 at 8:49am
post #1393 of 8318

Glad to see you have finally got your Hugo. Now on warm up, I agree things sound better the more times you listen to Hugo. I have been listening to one since September, and I swear it sounds better now than then - it very much has the ability to surprise even 8 months on - I was listening to some castanets today, and the click was extraordinary - very sharp, and precisely focused. So is it Hugo breaking in, or my brain breaking in to Hugo, or is it that Hugo has the power to surprise like live music? I do not know - but I know that getting used to Hugo sound is not something that happens quickly, and it is something that you will find sounds better and better - but doing careful listening tests with old units and new units does not reveal a big difference in sound.

 

Another point in a posting earlier - it does not matter which source is selected, DoP will be decoded to DSD on all inputs.

post #1394 of 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Watts View Post
 

Glad to see you have finally got your Hugo. Now on warm up, I agree things sound better the more times you listen to Hugo. I have been listening to one since September, and I swear it sounds better now than then - it very much has the ability to surprise even 8 months on - I was listening to some castanets today, and the click was extraordinary - very sharp, and precisely focused. So is it Hugo breaking in, or my brain breaking in to Hugo, or is it that Hugo has the power to surprise like live music? I do not know - but I know that getting used to Hugo sound is not something that happens quickly, and it is something that you will find sounds better and better - but doing careful listening tests with old units and new units does not reveal a big difference in sound.

 

Another point in a posting earlier - it does not matter which source is selected, DoP will be decoded to DSD on all inputs.


 Welcome to the forum!

post #1395 of 8318
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilW View Post
 


 Welcome to the forum!

Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum

Gear mentioned in this thread: