New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 74

post #1096 of 8294

Thank you PhilW and OK-Guy I appreciate the information!

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1097 of 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delivery View Post
 

Thank you PhilW and OK-Guy I appreciate the information!

 

I posted about the same time as Phil... both end-caps will do same job, mine are real tight fitting and I would only purchase if you're rarely going to use the RCA's (because of recessed sockets)... if you're going to be using the RCA sockets regularly best get Phil's as they'll come off easier,... best to be honest about these things. 

post #1098 of 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


You are welcome Alan
Did you tried pair your Hugo via Coaxial cable with your go dap dd 1 LE?

Not yet, Rudi. But that is because I don't have such a cable. Haha. I will get one made for me soon :D

post #1099 of 8294
Never really given end caps a thought maybe carrying the hugo about everywhere they will collect dust over time, good idea.On a different note as we are all nuts about hifi,I use the audiophile star base platform which I swear by for improving sound quality of my domestic hifi,I also use the Russ Andrews wooden cones as well, now when I'm not on the go with the hugo and I phone I wonder if I put a audiophile platform underneath them and them resting on the wooden cone feet the sound would be improved?
post #1100 of 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter View Post

Never really given end caps a thought maybe carrying the hugo about everywhere they will collect dust over time, good idea.On a different note as we are all nuts about hifi,I use the audiophile star base platform which I swear by for improving sound quality of my domestic hifi,I also use the Russ Andrews wooden cones as well, now when I'm not on the go with the hugo and I phone I wonder if I put a audiophile platform underneath them and them resting on the wooden cone feet the sound would be improved?

 

you never know you might just get to hear a mouse farting on a Diana Krall recording.

 

re End-Caps... I kept getting deoxit juice to clean my Hi-Fi terminations (£15-£20 a tiny bottle), I knocked a couple of bottles over and hunted for dust covers (there weren't any end-caps around back then). I decided to phone a manufacturer in the UK I knew from my construction days to ask if he could make me any (Arcam gave me the correct measurements), he could make them and asked how many I wanted, I said 20, he said he couldn't do 20 but could make 5000. I thought hmmm & bollox to it and went into the End-Cap game... I've supplied to Arcam, Chord Co.& BBC, Jude and Anak have them (dunno if they  use  them) and your Uncle looked happy when I gave him some.

 

Phil's End-Caps will do same as mine:

 

Protects connects from oxidization • Protects connects from dust • Stops electrical noise from entering via RCA Connects & other simarly capped connects.

 

They will not improve the sound quality of your system • They will not stop Frequency or Electrical noises entering from other sources • They will protect the Hugo's RCA connects.

 

Chord Company (the cable guys), want me to get them made out of 'oxygen free vinyl', they reckon it will improve the sound of a Hi-Fi system (I swear I saw flying-pigs racing that jumping cow to the moon the other night), after I get rid of the next few thousand I might do it... :wink_face: 


Edited by OK-Guy - 3/15/14 at 6:49am
post #1101 of 8294
You kindly donated a fair amount to the 2012 UK Head-Fi Meet in Cambridge and I dispensed them to the masses. Kept a few for myself of course and they do work a treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

you never know you might just get to hear a mouse farting on a Diana Krall recording.

re End-Caps... I kept getting deoxit juice to clean my Hi-Fi terminations (£15-£20 a tiny bottle), I knocked a couple of bottles over and hunted for dust covers (there weren't any end-caps around back then). I decided to phone a manufacturer in the UK I knew from my construction days to ask if he could make me any (Arcam gave me the correct measurements), he could make them and asked how many I wanted, I said 20, he said he couldn't do 20 but could make 5000. I thought hmmm & bollox to it and went into the End-Cap game... I've supplied to Arcam, Chord Co.& BBC, Jude and Anak have them (dunno if they  use  them) and your Uncle looked happy when I gave him some.

Phil's End-Caps will do same as mine:

Protects connects from oxidization • Protects connects from dust • Stops electrical noise from entering via RCA Connects & other simarly capped connects.

They will not improve the sound quality of your system • They will not stop Frequency or Electrical noises entering from other sources • Saves on expensive Deoxit products at a fraction of the cost.

Chord Company (the cable guys), want me to get them made out of 'oxygen free vinyl', they reckon it will improve the sound of a Hi-Fi system (I swear I saw flying-pigs racing that jumping cow to the moon the other night), after I get rid of the next few thousand I might do it... wink_face.gif  

Edited by smial1966 - 3/15/14 at 7:20am
post #1102 of 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

You kindly donated a fair amount to the 2012 UK Head-Fi Meet in Cambridge and I dispensed them to the masses. Keep a few for myself of course and they do work a treat.

 

glad you like them mate, it means a lot.... I'll donate some for your next Meet please let me know when.

 

it drives me nuts counting them out... lifes a bitch.


Edited by OK-Guy - 3/15/14 at 6:56am
post #1103 of 8294

I got my Hugo today in Japan. It seems that my Hugo has a new chassis.

( I have taken some photos... but as I'm new here, it looks like I don't have the permission to post the photos...)

 

The RCA / Optical holes are enlarged from the original ... but not that much.

To put the upper / lower chassis together, there are some screw holes and those screw holes are making it difficult to enlarge the RCA holes big enough.

 

I have a Linn coax cable but cannot put the plug all the way...

post #1104 of 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

Chord Company (the cable guys), want me to get them made out of 'oxygen free vinyl', they reckon it will improve the sound of a Hi-Fi system (I swear I saw flying-pigs racing that jumping cow to the moon the other night), after I get rid of the next few thousand I might do it... :wink_face: 

Exactly! That has been what has held me bacckkk. No oxygen free vinyl. Please keep us updated. And yes, I know that somewhere in this universe, pigs Do fly and the cow, well not so sure. 

post #1105 of 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakki View Post
 

I got my Hugo today in Japan. It seems that my Hugo has a new chassis.

( I have taken some photos... but as I'm new here, it looks like I don't have the permission to post the photos...)

 

The RCA / Optical holes are enlarged from the original ... but not that much.

To put the upper / lower chassis together, there are some screw holes and those screw holes are making it difficult to enlarge the RCA holes big enough.

 

I have a Linn coax cable but cannot put the plug all the way...

 

I wonder will it be possible to upload your pics to flickr and put the links here? Many thanks!

post #1106 of 8294

SleepyOne, please kindly see following page (sorry in Japanese) to find my photos. Thank you!

http://community.phileweb.com/mypage/entry/1943/20140315/41664/

post #1107 of 8294
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

Exactly! That has been what has held me bacckkk. No oxygen free vinyl. Please keep us updated. And yes, I know that somewhere in this universe, pigs Do fly and the cow, well not so sure. 

 

the cow is a 'jumper', you have to sinc by nodding your head whilst looking up or you'll miss it... do you reckon I should do a pre-order promotion on the 'oxygen free' caps?

post #1108 of 8294

SleepyOne, please kindly see following page for my photos. (sorry, the page is in Japanese)

community.phileweb.com/mypage/entry/1943/20140315/41664/

post #1109 of 8294

SleepyOne, it seems that I cannot put any links as well.

If you would google "Chord社のHugo購入 その4 来た、見た、聴いた" then you can find my article in my blog and can find the photos there. (sorry the page is in Japanese)

post #1110 of 8294

Hi Kakki-san, based on the photos from your blog (http://community.phileweb.com/mypage/entry/1943/20140315/41664/) , it seems that your Hugo has the first edition chassis. I compared to mine and could not spot any difference.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum

Gear mentioned in this thread: