New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chord Hugo - Page 719

post #10771 of 10778

Lurk... on the top right of this page you will see 'recent images in this thread', click on 'view all' underneath photos and you should be able to view past-photo's posted in thread, you may have to look for ones posted around May/June time last year, hth. 

post #10772 of 10778
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post
 

Maybe the plugs too tight, but i took them on and off to used a few times a week. Maybe just the used going back and forth did it. It felt a little loose on one side a few weeks ago but when i put rca on tonight they were I heard the connection was off, thats when i saw they were loose. Yes i saw Bluebird, I will call them tomorrow. I actually normally use rca's that don't have a collar on them to make it easier however today was using normal pair to go into my Zana Deux amp. I almost feel like just getting a mini to rca line and skipping the fix because i don't want to loose them.

 

Does anybody know it the headphone out is as good as the rca out to feed an amp?

 

Compared these two outputs with a Kimber mini stereo to RCA pair cable and standard Kimber RCA pair using my KEF LS50 speakers since you posted this.  No difference with Bach Toccata and Fugue in D minor, Eagles's Hotel California and Jazz at the Pawnshop DSD.

post #10773 of 10778

or maybe a serial number range where there onwards, new chassis is used?

 

ty

post #10774 of 10778
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurk View Post
 

or maybe a serial number range where there onwards, new chassis is used?

 

ty

Dunno about that but the USB is supposed to be up-side down from the original and the RCA outputs are gold colored for the latest version. Hope this helps.

post #10775 of 10778
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurk View Post
 

or maybe a serial number range where there onwards, new chassis is used?

 

ty

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Y View Post
 

Dunno about that but the USB is supposed to be up-side down from the original and the RCA outputs are gold colored for the latest version. Hope this helps.


New version with the inverted micro usb (supposed to have a strengthened attachment to frame).

post #10776 of 10778
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurk View Post
 

without seeing v1 and v2 side by side, how do i tell? (if the seller has no idea as well)

do you guys hv a photo of both the chassis?

tried searching, but can't find one

 

ty

 

 

 

jumped the gun

 

http://cdn.head-fi.org/b/b7/500x1000px-LL-b77a2622_Hugo-chassis-comparison.jpeg


The photos skow v1 and v2. There is also v3, which has the USBs mounted upside down, in order to be stronger. You cannot guarantee a v3 by buying a black Hugo as mine is v2.

 

Edit: we may be looking at v3 and v4 as my black Hugo has original USB mounts, but gold RCAs.


Edited by uzi2 - Today at 1:45 am
post #10777 of 10778
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi2 View Post
 


The photos skow v1 and v2. There is also v3, which has the USBs mounted upside down, in order to be stronger. You cannot guarantee a v3 by buying a black Hugo as mine is v2.

 

Edit: we may be looking at v3 and v4 as my black Hugo has original USB mounts, but gold RCAs.

From what I know, the gold RCAs were done before the change to the USB mounts.

post #10778 of 10778
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi2 View Post

 

We may be looking at v3 and v4 as my black Hugo has original USB mounts, but gold RCAs.

 

The same with mine.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum