- 167 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 11/2/14 at 12:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Soundstage in an IEM?... Last post on 12/27/14 at 5:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom - Help to find the WOW sound again Last post on 7/15/14 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions For A TOTL UIEM!!! Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Anything with same signature but better than phonak 232?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The phonak`s have a bass emphasis so you might enjoy the ie800`s and shures more, I would probabaly recommend the shures if price is no deterent since they have the best isolation of all of them and are more balanced than the ie800`s, if you want portability then the ie800`s, the k3003 iem`s are also interesting but might not suit those genres, maybe its worth looking into fi-ba-ss or 334`s?, they are similarly priced depending where you get them and i`d consider them around the level of these iem`s but with better ergonomics, k3003 is too uncomfortable.
They`ve all got pretty good treble, fi-ba-ss is equally or greater detailed and less harsh than the 232, ie800 has thinner highs but less recessed mids, maybe the ie800 is most similar i`m guessing but it has fit issues and the cable is pretty messed up, microphonics are also a problem. Not sure you need to upgrade anyway, I had the 232`s and they sounded great, I needed more isolation for travel but they sounded nice at home and in relatively quiet areas, do you amp them?, maybe you should invest in a good $100 amp such as the fiio e11, it brings much better bass, slightly less recessed mids and more detail, highs are a bit less fatiguing.
Edited by ryanjsoo - 1/27/14 at 10:25pm
Be sure to try as many of the others as possible, you can never be too thorough, and they all have their own strengths, no one knows whats sound signature you want better than yourself.
ie800 and shure se846 are good upgrades to the PFE232`s (k3003 and fi-ba-ss are more neutral, bass is lighter but more accurate), both have a hearty amount of bass and their mids are not recessed at all, highs remain sparkly and detailed, worth a look if you have the budget.
I haven't heard the ocharaku flat4sui before but I must say I'm pretty impressed with JH Audio's JH13 Pro but it's quite pricey. Anyway I'd like to check out the Shure SE846, fi-ba-ss, ocharaku flat4sui and 1964 Ears V6 before making the final decision to burn a hole in my wallet.
- Anything with same signature but better than phonak 232?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 28 seconds ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 49 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)