- 167 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Custom - Help to find the WOW sound again Last post on 7/15/14 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions For A TOTL UIEM!!! Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 8:32 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- shure se 846 is there any warmer iem than it Last post on 7/11/14 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM for jazz, vocals, guitars and occasional rock: Senheisser IE800, AKG 3003i or Shure 846 Last post on 6/4/14 at 10:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Anything with same signature but better than phonak 232?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The phonak`s have a bass emphasis so you might enjoy the ie800`s and shures more, I would probabaly recommend the shures if price is no deterent since they have the best isolation of all of them and are more balanced than the ie800`s, if you want portability then the ie800`s, the k3003 iem`s are also interesting but might not suit those genres, maybe its worth looking into fi-ba-ss or 334`s?, they are similarly priced depending where you get them and i`d consider them around the level of these iem`s but with better ergonomics, k3003 is too uncomfortable.
They`ve all got pretty good treble, fi-ba-ss is equally or greater detailed and less harsh than the 232, ie800 has thinner highs but less recessed mids, maybe the ie800 is most similar i`m guessing but it has fit issues and the cable is pretty messed up, microphonics are also a problem. Not sure you need to upgrade anyway, I had the 232`s and they sounded great, I needed more isolation for travel but they sounded nice at home and in relatively quiet areas, do you amp them?, maybe you should invest in a good $100 amp such as the fiio e11, it brings much better bass, slightly less recessed mids and more detail, highs are a bit less fatiguing.
Edited by ryanjsoo - 1/27/14 at 10:25pm
Be sure to try as many of the others as possible, you can never be too thorough, and they all have their own strengths, no one knows whats sound signature you want better than yourself.
ie800 and shure se846 are good upgrades to the PFE232`s (k3003 and fi-ba-ss are more neutral, bass is lighter but more accurate), both have a hearty amount of bass and their mids are not recessed at all, highs remain sparkly and detailed, worth a look if you have the budget.
I haven't heard the ocharaku flat4sui before but I must say I'm pretty impressed with JH Audio's JH13 Pro but it's quite pricey. Anyway I'd like to check out the Shure SE846, fi-ba-ss, ocharaku flat4sui and 1964 Ears V6 before making the final decision to burn a hole in my wallet.
- Anything with same signature but better than phonak 232?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 17 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 46 seconds ago
- › Trickle Chargers 57 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 5 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)