- 167 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 2/24/15 at 3:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... Last post on 5/31/15 at 1:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom - Help to find the WOW sound again Last post on 7/15/14 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions For A TOTL UIEM!!! Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Anything with same signature but better than phonak 232?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The phonak`s have a bass emphasis so you might enjoy the ie800`s and shures more, I would probabaly recommend the shures if price is no deterent since they have the best isolation of all of them and are more balanced than the ie800`s, if you want portability then the ie800`s, the k3003 iem`s are also interesting but might not suit those genres, maybe its worth looking into fi-ba-ss or 334`s?, they are similarly priced depending where you get them and i`d consider them around the level of these iem`s but with better ergonomics, k3003 is too uncomfortable.
They`ve all got pretty good treble, fi-ba-ss is equally or greater detailed and less harsh than the 232, ie800 has thinner highs but less recessed mids, maybe the ie800 is most similar i`m guessing but it has fit issues and the cable is pretty messed up, microphonics are also a problem. Not sure you need to upgrade anyway, I had the 232`s and they sounded great, I needed more isolation for travel but they sounded nice at home and in relatively quiet areas, do you amp them?, maybe you should invest in a good $100 amp such as the fiio e11, it brings much better bass, slightly less recessed mids and more detail, highs are a bit less fatiguing.
Edited by ryanjsoo - 1/27/14 at 10:25pm
Be sure to try as many of the others as possible, you can never be too thorough, and they all have their own strengths, no one knows whats sound signature you want better than yourself.
ie800 and shure se846 are good upgrades to the PFE232`s (k3003 and fi-ba-ss are more neutral, bass is lighter but more accurate), both have a hearty amount of bass and their mids are not recessed at all, highs remain sparkly and detailed, worth a look if you have the budget.
I haven't heard the ocharaku flat4sui before but I must say I'm pretty impressed with JH Audio's JH13 Pro but it's quite pricey. Anyway I'd like to check out the Shure SE846, fi-ba-ss, ocharaku flat4sui and 1964 Ears V6 before making the final decision to burn a hole in my wallet.
- Anything with same signature but better than phonak 232?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 31 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › I use glasses. Should I get the beyer 880 dt 250 ohm pro (more... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a pair of headphones for max. 500€, suggestions? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)