- 167 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE 800 at $600 vs AKG K3003 at $900 vs Shure se846 at $715 Last post on 2/24/15 at 3:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... Last post on 5/24/15 at 8:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom - Help to find the WOW sound again Last post on 7/15/14 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions For A TOTL UIEM!!! Last post on 12/24/13 at 5:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Anything with same signature but better than phonak 232?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The phonak`s have a bass emphasis so you might enjoy the ie800`s and shures more, I would probabaly recommend the shures if price is no deterent since they have the best isolation of all of them and are more balanced than the ie800`s, if you want portability then the ie800`s, the k3003 iem`s are also interesting but might not suit those genres, maybe its worth looking into fi-ba-ss or 334`s?, they are similarly priced depending where you get them and i`d consider them around the level of these iem`s but with better ergonomics, k3003 is too uncomfortable.
They`ve all got pretty good treble, fi-ba-ss is equally or greater detailed and less harsh than the 232, ie800 has thinner highs but less recessed mids, maybe the ie800 is most similar i`m guessing but it has fit issues and the cable is pretty messed up, microphonics are also a problem. Not sure you need to upgrade anyway, I had the 232`s and they sounded great, I needed more isolation for travel but they sounded nice at home and in relatively quiet areas, do you amp them?, maybe you should invest in a good $100 amp such as the fiio e11, it brings much better bass, slightly less recessed mids and more detail, highs are a bit less fatiguing.
Edited by ryanjsoo - 1/27/14 at 10:25pm
Be sure to try as many of the others as possible, you can never be too thorough, and they all have their own strengths, no one knows whats sound signature you want better than yourself.
ie800 and shure se846 are good upgrades to the PFE232`s (k3003 and fi-ba-ss are more neutral, bass is lighter but more accurate), both have a hearty amount of bass and their mids are not recessed at all, highs remain sparkly and detailed, worth a look if you have the budget.
I haven't heard the ocharaku flat4sui before but I must say I'm pretty impressed with JH Audio's JH13 Pro but it's quite pricey. Anyway I'd like to check out the Shure SE846, fi-ba-ss, ocharaku flat4sui and 1964 Ears V6 before making the final decision to burn a hole in my wallet.
- Anything with same signature but better than phonak 232?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 45 seconds ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AK240 DAP - Free shipping within Australia 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Transforming Our Society through...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)