or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best headphone under 250 dollars for EDM Music
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best headphone under 250 dollars for EDM Music - Page 2

post #16 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by teohouse88 View Post


I think That Momentum sounds really great with EDM music(Perfect bass,good vocal), it is an amazing closed headphone.
What I Search is an headphone For listening to Music in a more detailed way...an open headphone without too much bass,great soundstage and detailed treble and mids.
Do You have any other suggestions?


Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

Got it. So you aren't looking for something with more bass as much as you're looking for something open and more neutral. I think the specific need for it to work very well with EDM was what threw me off as those cans tend to much much much warmer than neutral. Even a quality open and neutral can will work well with EDM, IMO. How about the Phillips X1? Definitely on the warmer side of neutral and it's suppose to be magic with your music preferences.

post #17 of 55

Check out the He-400 appreciation thread, people agree EDM was made for this can. At this price range , I don't think you can get that EDM sound that makes your knees weak while also having amazing vocals. Jergpads are supposed to fix the sibilance.


Edited by smallmany - 1/28/14 at 4:57pm
post #18 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmany View Post
 

Check out the He-400 appreciation thread, people agree EDM was made for this can. At this price range , I don't think you can get that EDM sound that makes your knees weak while also having amazing vocals. Jergpads are supposed to fix the sibilance.

Doesn't meet his budget of $250. He's also asking for something more balanced than the Momentum. The HE-400 is extremely colored. Additionally, the treble is about the worst highs I've heard on any can, especially at the asking price.

post #19 of 55
Throw in the SoundMAGIC HP200's.

They're comparable to the HD650's (Stated as the more "fun" version of the HD650) and whoops the majority of headphones' arses in this price range.

Has the tight, textured bass you desire, a complete different and better sound quality to the Momentums in every aspect aside from portability. Detail is also pretty darn detailed, soundstage is nice and wide, clarity is there, highs extend very high up as the bass extends super low and still remain impactful. This headphone is very underrated, and don't be fooled just because it is unheard of. Not to mention, the 3D imaging is also insanely accurate, and what I'd consider "pinpoint laser accurate" when Hardwell drops the beat.

I've heard high end headphones, and I can still happily recommend the HP200's.

PS: It pairs nicely with the C5. With that bass boost switch on, you'd make a hard to beat EDMonster.
Edited by SkyBleu - 1/28/14 at 7:53pm
post #20 of 55

Haven't heard the SoundMAGIC HP200, but I haven't read a bad thing about them. Really want to hear them at some point!

post #21 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

Haven't heard the SoundMAGIC HP200, but I haven't read a bad thing about them. Really want to hear them at some point!

I hope you get a chance at one stage. smily_headphones1.gif

They're truly a great headphone with great sound and build quality. Its a shame they're from a low-popularity company, and by being made in China, people just come to the conclusion that they're crap and dodgey. If anything, this company knows how to do it right.

I'm not even hyping.
post #22 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by arteom View Post
 

As for the ms-pro's, sir, you just have no idea.

 

Don't presume anything when you've never talked to me on this site. I've owned the MS Pro in the past for a number of years. I would never listen to electronic on them. The only time I'd recommend it is with the MS Ultimate mod. I think you will find yourself in the vast minority with it as a EDM 'phone. The sub bass is very weak in comparison to Ortho's. Soundstage small, imaging is below most top line headphones.

 

I'm not saying I want a very flabby and uncontrolled bass, but for my preferences the most important thing to me is the pulse and beat of electronic music followed by soundstage+imaging, speed, layering and feeling of space.

 

Admittedly I have never heard the AD2000x but I am well aware of their pedigree from their reviews with ambient electronic on this very site. I did say MOST not ALL.

 

I believe I would be correct in saying that most EDM listeners on this site would not be listening on HD600's, MS Pro's and DT880's only for their edm music.

If he seeks a upgrade into the mid fi range then get a HE-400. Seems to gel with the majority of people for edm. Seems he wants a neutral side grade.

 

You have already admitted your preference for the " texture" of the synths and such, yet it is that a preference. Yet you act cavalier about someone having a difference preference for their edm like say bassier or u shaped headphone. You seem to imply someone must be clueless to have a bassier headphone for electronic with your statement about what you are not surprised about.  If you think that all that there is to the TH600 and TH900 is a big bottom end then you yourself have no f'in clue.

 

 

What I will concede is that the op since has asked for a more neutral can. This wasn't ever stipulated at the time of my first post.


Edited by Saren - 1/29/14 at 12:49am
post #23 of 55
Thread Starter 
Saren, if I Understood well, You suggest me to try the Hifiman HE-400... Is it great with EDM Music?


Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5
post #24 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
 

 

Don't presume anything when you've never talked to me on this site. I've owned the MS Pro in the past for a number of years. I would never listen to electronic on them. The only time I'd recommend it is with the MS Ultimate mod. I think you will find yourself in the vast minority with it as a EDM 'phone. The sub bass is very weak in comparison to Ortho's. Soundstage small, imaging is below most top line headphones.

 

I'm not saying I want a very flabby and uncontrolled bass, but for my preferences the most important thing to me is the pulse and beat of electronic music followed by soundstage+imaging, speed, layering and feeling of space.

 

Admittedly I have never heard the AD2000x but I am well aware of their pedigree from their reviews with ambient electronic on this very site. I did say MOST not ALL.

 

I believe I would be correct in saying that most EDM listeners on this site would not be listening on HD600's, MS Pro's and DT880's only for their edm music.

If he seeks a upgrade into the mid fi range then get a HE-400. Seems to gel with the majority of people for edm. Seems he wants a neutral side grade.

 

You have already admitted your preference for the " texture" of the synths and such, yet it is that a preference. Yet you act cavalier about someone having a difference preference for their edm like say bassier or u shaped headphone. You seem to imply someone must be clueless to have a bassier headphone for electronic with your statement about what you are not surprised about.  If you think that all that there is to the TH600 and TH900 is a big bottom end then you yourself have no f'in clue.

 

 

What I will concede is that the op since has asked for a more neutral can. This wasn't ever stipulated at the time of my first post.

 

Listen guy, I only made a recommendation, which you were so offended by, so I defended it. The only presumption I will admit to is one made by seeing how long you have been on this site, you been here for less than a year bro? Cool, you know all about hifi headphones, way to go. Now, of-course you may have been elsewhere and your headphone knowledge may be vast. But someone coming in with that attitude you had, usually not the case.

 

The fact that you elude to talking about what most listeners use is a logical fallacy, if fact. The dt-880's and 600's have been getting recommendations for edm for many years now. Also, for someone looking for a mid price can they probably are not adding to their collection, it is more likely than not someone who is looking to move up and upgrade. Which either of those cans really fit the bill.

 

As for the ms-pro's. I've owned them twice, the first time around I did the ultimate mod. I liked them but not enough to keep. Second time I kept them stock, and can't imagine selling them. The music you listen to may be all about bass, I'm happy for you. But what goes along with a headphone that does PRaT in spades is you start noticing that EDM is not all about spades, and you have your gear exposing you to a completely different side of music you've heard and might get into in the future. If you are making a move from one bottom focused phone to another, that experience is missed. And besides PRaT, hell yeah I'll talk about the synths, and not too many headphones can relay texture like the ms-pro. The 701 was another that did that really well for me, but that is not an EDM phone. The MS-Pro for $700 is very hard to top, considering they have been going for $450 on the used market, damn impossible.

 

I didn't like the ATH-AD2000x, the original ATH-AD2000 is top notch.

 

I discount the bassier u shape phones in this case because the OP already has heard that, he should hear what else is there, that is a judgement I made based on where I've been and what has worked for me in the past. Which comes back to my presumptions, I've been there. I've heard the u-shaped cans with a top notch amp with big bass, and I though it could not be beat for EDM. But then I heard all else that was there, so I make my recommendations based on my experience and guiding someone else in the hobby in a direction which I think to be meaningful.

 

I discount the th600 and 900 both because to me, too much bass, when the housing of the headphone shakes that is not hifi. They are decent, they are not $1000+ decent. That being said I've only heard them at a meet, I'm sure they work for many people.

 

To the OP, my apologies, didn't not mean to start a flame war in your thread. My intention was to only make a recommendation.

post #25 of 55

Teohouse, in the end, only you can decide if it sounds great with EDM. I recommend it because of previous ownership and the general consensus of it being top tier for EDM.

You have the option of returning it

post #26 of 55

I will throw in my suggestion, cheap, bassy but well refined mids and highs: M-Audio Q40.

Pair those with Shure SRH840 ear pads and BOOOM! For less than $150 you'll have a killer set.

 

Are they better than the Momentums?

For that genre I'd say hell yes! Though, I'm not a huge fan of the Momentums (even though I still have their on-ear blue one... mostly for the looks LOL) but they seem

to do well with music that's not overly bass-oriented).

 

Good luck!

post #27 of 55

Would these headphones be fitting for DEEP bass? Like chest exploding level deep dubplates?

 

IE: Requake, BadKlaat, Dsitance, Cyrus etc etc.??

I was looking at the recommendations for the ATH-AD2000, any other input? Not just for house and trance, I don't really need super deep levels for most of those tracks. I am talking deep dubstep. I really wanna get those lows in my brain. IS the AD2000 the answer for this price range?

 

 

Thanks ahead of time for any information/suggestions, it is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

 

Chris.

post #28 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by teohouse88 View Post

Saren, if I Understood well, You suggest me to try the Hifiman HE-400... Is it great with EDM Music?


Teo da Tapatalk iPhone 5

Teo, I feel like we are going back and forth on this. In one instance, you're asking for something that works well with EDM. In another, you're asking for something that is different from the Momentum which is a warm and bassy can that works great with EDM. That can be taken as you want something closer to neutral or you want something extremely bassy. What is it you want specifically?

post #29 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
 

Would these headphones be fitting for DEEP bass? Like chest exploding level deep dubplates?

 

If you are asking about the M-Audio Q40s, then the answer would be yes.

 

Regarding the Audio Technica AD2000s, don't know, have never heard them.

post #30 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
 

Would these headphones be fitting for DEEP bass? Like chest exploding level deep dubplates?

 

IE: Requake, BadKlaat, Dsitance, Cyrus etc etc.??

I was looking at the recommendations for the ATH-AD2000, any other input? Not just for house and trance, I don't really need super deep levels for most of those tracks. I am talking deep dubstep. I really wanna get those lows in my brain. IS the AD2000 the answer for this price range?

 

 

Thanks ahead of time for any information/suggestions, it is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

 

Chris.

 

The ATH-AD2000 are not last word for deep bass. Where they excel with EDM is in pace rhythm and timing (PRaT), forward midrange, nice imaging and a soundstage that is not too big or not too small. They do bass pretty well, you hear most everything that is supposed to be there but it isn't going to rattle your head. If that is what you are looking for I'd check out the Denons and fostex cans. I had a Denon D2000, it was nice, good bass, but ultimately I found the midrange to be thin and it was sibilant.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best headphone under 250 dollars for EDM Music