I recently bought the Ksc75's as my first step into the headphone world, and I liked their sound. They seem generally balanced (to me at least,) throughout their range, except for some minor stuff with the upper treble. However, I need something portable with more isolation, such as I could use in a classroom without bothering others and keep in backpack pouch without worrying too much. I would like an IEM for around $30 with a generally similar EQ of the Ksc75, decent sound quality, and not very much sound leakage. Im not entirely sure which genres I listen to, the categorization confuses me. I do listen to classical music, some rock, a little bit of pop, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't really know what it would be called. As I said though, I liked the Ksc75's balance, so hopefully that can provide some reference to those who have listened to them before. Also, a side note, I won't buy anything with a whole lot of sibilance. Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for those who reply.
Related Forum Threads
- Best inears for 15 $ Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- portable headphones under $50 with clean precise bass Last post on 3/26/12 at 6:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Backup Earbuds for <$30? Last post on 1/19/12 at 11:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- A companion to sleep on the side with? Yes, I AM in the right forum! ;-) Last post on 10/8/11 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss ksc75 Replacement ear clips Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Additional Info: I will be playing music from a 2013 mac air most of the time. I also bought a Fiio E06 and a pair of Sennheiser HD201's when I got the ksc75's. The Sennheisers got sat on by a sibling unfortunately, but I liked the Koss' better anyways. I don't think the source would matter very much for this and I wouldn't think I would need an amp, but its good to know nevertheless.
Does anyone have anything? Is my price range too small or has anyone heard the KSC75? Sorry if I made a mistake or something somewhere, I'm new to this. I could bump up my price range some if that's it, but not by much, I'm a high school kid and do not currently have a job. I would really like some opinions before I just choose something and buy it, please help if you can.
Edited by nebnacnud - 1/26/14 at 7:36pm
Also take a look at this thread - tons of info here:
- Would appreciate some suggestions for some in-ears around $30 with sound similar to KSC-75
- › What book are you reading right now? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)