I prefer the WyWires Red to the Toxic SW with my LCD3 in my setup.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone upgrade Last post on 12/6/14 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Introduction This is a review of the Sennheirser HD 202 headphone. At the time of the review, the cans were at eleven months of near-continuous use. Bear with me, as this is only my second...
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-3. Newcomer the Toxic Silver Widow cable takes on the incumbent king the Qaudio cable... - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What would you say the differences are Setamp and what's your source? I guess I'd also have to ask which version of the LCD-3 you have, early veiled, replaced drivers, recent with favors, etc,etc?
Edited by sam1e - 6/27/14 at 12:24am
My thoughts on the WyWires are here:
I can't tell you where my lcd's fall in the timeline but they are not veiled and therefore do not have replaced drivers.
My source is Bryston BDP-1/ Lampization L4G4/ Eddie Current Balancing Act (300b).
The biggest difference to me is instrument separation and image solidity within a larger and deeper soundstage. Microdynamics are also improved.
Frank briefly explains his R & D with the Venom cable on his web site, comparing the competition Frank is confident his flagship cable is far better which is a mighty bold statement.
I need a custom length of cable for my listening position and new Fazor Audeze 3s , 🎺
Edited by LivingVoice - 10/12/14 at 1:45pm
This cable is on his way to me as we speak...but i understand the 'regular' copper venom RC4 (4wire version)!will also pair very well with a lcd3.
Maybe a tip as alternative to a silver venom?
Edited by hifimanrookie - 10/11/14 at 8:29pm
- Audeze LCD-3. Newcomer the Toxic Silver Widow cable takes on the incumbent king the Qaudio cable and the Audeze stock cable.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 7 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 10 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 22 seconds ago
- › HD 595? Boring. What's next? 35 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer beware, bigtime. 2 minutes ago
- › First day at the Forum 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3