I prefer the WyWires Red to the Toxic SW with my LCD3 in my setup.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 7/5/15 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Audeze LCD-3. Newcomer the Toxic Silver Widow cable takes on the incumbent king the Qaudio cable and the Audeze stock cable. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What would you say the differences are Setamp and what's your source? I guess I'd also have to ask which version of the LCD-3 you have, early veiled, replaced drivers, recent with favors, etc,etc?
Edited by sam1e - 6/27/14 at 12:24am
My thoughts on the WyWires are here:
I can't tell you where my lcd's fall in the timeline but they are not veiled and therefore do not have replaced drivers.
My source is Bryston BDP-1/ Lampization L4G4/ Eddie Current Balancing Act (300b).
The biggest difference to me is instrument separation and image solidity within a larger and deeper soundstage. Microdynamics are also improved.
Frank briefly explains his R & D with the Venom cable on his web site, comparing the competition Frank is confident his flagship cable is far better which is a mighty bold statement.
I need a custom length of cable for my listening position and new Fazor Audeze 3s , 🎺
Edited by LivingVoice - 10/12/14 at 1:45pm
This cable is on his way to me as we speak...but i understand the 'regular' copper venom RC4 (4wire version)!will also pair very well with a lcd3.
Maybe a tip as alternative to a silver venom?
Edited by hifimanrookie - 10/11/14 at 8:29pm
- Audeze LCD-3. Newcomer the Toxic Silver Widow cable takes on the incumbent king the Qaudio cable and the Audeze stock cable.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 38 seconds ago
- › P7 Preamp kit / Op amp power help 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › AKG M220 semi-open studio headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit amplifier or headphones to pair with the Bifrost Uber? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2