I prefer the WyWires Red to the Toxic SW with my LCD3 in my setup.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone upgrade Last post on 12/6/14 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Audeze LCD-3. Newcomer the Toxic Silver Widow cable takes on the incumbent king the Qaudio cable and the Audeze stock cable. - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What would you say the differences are Setamp and what's your source? I guess I'd also have to ask which version of the LCD-3 you have, early veiled, replaced drivers, recent with favors, etc,etc?
Edited by sam1e - 6/27/14 at 12:24am
My thoughts on the WyWires are here:
I can't tell you where my lcd's fall in the timeline but they are not veiled and therefore do not have replaced drivers.
My source is Bryston BDP-1/ Lampization L4G4/ Eddie Current Balancing Act (300b).
The biggest difference to me is instrument separation and image solidity within a larger and deeper soundstage. Microdynamics are also improved.
Frank briefly explains his R & D with the Venom cable on his web site, comparing the competition Frank is confident his flagship cable is far better which is a mighty bold statement.
I need a custom length of cable for my listening position and new Fazor Audeze 3s , 🎺
Edited by LivingVoice - 10/12/14 at 1:45pm
This cable is on his way to me as we speak...but i understand the 'regular' copper venom RC4 (4wire version)!will also pair very well with a lcd3.
Maybe a tip as alternative to a silver venom?
Edited by hifimanrookie - 10/11/14 at 8:29pm
- Audeze LCD-3. Newcomer the Toxic Silver Widow cable takes on the incumbent king the Qaudio cable and the Audeze stock cable.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 4 seconds ago
- › Vinyl Flat's "Can Opener" - Any info??? 15 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Round IEM tips do not work for me. Help finding "cheap" bluetooth... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Why do I like my E12 more than the amp in my X3? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2