Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH1540 Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH1540 Review - Page 4

post #46 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varoudis View Post

So
So ADs vs the shure its aclose call but AD wins the race, right?

 

Personally, yes.

Although I enjoyed the Shure's a lot, sound leaking and less than desired isolation killed it for me.

But fun, MEGA comfortable, good sounding cans.

post #47 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Personally, yes.
Although I enjoyed the Shure's a lot, sound leaking and less than desired isolation killed it for me.
But fun, MEGA comfortable, good sounding cans.

Comfort is a problem if you use them at work for half a day!
post #48 of 614

vs w1000x? (if you've heard it)

post #49 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varoudis View Post


Comfort is a problem if you use them at work for half a day!

 

errmm.. Not really. I could use the Shure's for my whole 8-10 hours and be cool with it (I work in a cubicle environment). The same with the Alpha Dogs and a few others. Both are very very comfortable but the Shure takes the cake because it's a lighter headphone.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post
 

vs w1000x? (if you've heard it)

 

Sadly, haven't heard it. I did have (and liked) the A900x but their ear pads were really crappy so I let them go.

post #50 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

errmm.. Not really. I could use the Shure's for my whole 8-10 hours and be cool with it (I work in a cubicle environment). The same with the Alpha Dogs and a few others. Both are very very comfortable but the Shure takes the cake because it's a lighter headphone.


Sadly, haven't heard it. I did have (and liked) the A900x but their ear pads were really crappy so I let them go.

So the a dogs are not a bit heavy? It seems crazy for the top of the head to have half a kilo on it!
post #51 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

TBH, I don't have much experience with HD650. I only had like 15min demo on them.

 

But from what I memory, SRH1540 are much easier to drive, and much more practical for travel use. Both are super comfortable, and SRH1540 are much more portable due to it being closed back. Speaking of sounds, I feel like SRH1540 has more details, but HD650 images better and has a more wide sound stage.

 

That's about what I was guessing it would be.  Big thanks for the reply!

post #52 of 614
Hey Kimvictor! Great review man and thank you doing this. I have the Denon D600 currently, and I was wondering how you like the 1540 compared to them. I think I'm going to have to get a pair of these soon.
post #53 of 614
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrnie View Post

Hey Kimvictor! Great review man and thank you doing this. I have the Denon D600 currently, and I was wondering how you like the 1540 compared to them. I think I'm going to have to get a pair of these soon.

Hmm D600 are more bass heavy and has less clarity and detail. I find them both ultra comfy, but SRH1540 is more comfy. Isolation isn't the best on both headphones. Personally, I have only demoed the D600 for about 20min. My friend used to own a pair, but he's away now, so this is all I can say about D600.

post #54 of 614

i didnt get much sense of depth when i auditioned the 1540, 

Kim, on your setup, did u get a good sense of depth on this can? 

post #55 of 614
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

i didnt get much sense of depth when i auditioned the 1540, 

Kim, on your setup, did u get a good sense of depth on this can? 

Yes, I do. I find these to be deeper then most other closed backs I've heard, including SRH940, M500, DT1350, SRH840, and K550. 

These shures do like a good source and amp. AK100 is awesome, but a good amp really makes these shine as well. What set up did you use? Using 24/96 flac with AK100, I get a very good sense of space and depth.

post #56 of 614
Heard it off a macpro direct..belongs to a fren. tongue.gif
post #57 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Hmm D600 are more bass heavy and has less clarity and detail. I find them both ultra comfy, but SRH1540 is more comfy. Isolation isn't the best on both headphones. Personally, I have only demoed the D600 for about 20min. My friend used to own a pair, but he's away now, so this is all I can say about D600.
Actually those comments are very helpful and solidify my decision to pick up the SRH1540s. Those were my main although, minor complaints with the D600. I do enjoy the D600, especially the bass detail, but I have been looking for a closer-to-neutral headphone that's still as fun as the D600s. Thank you very much for the response.
post #58 of 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

vs w1000x? (if you've heard it)

I wonder about that as well
nice to hear the AD is holding well in its price range
post #59 of 614
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post


I wonder about that as well
nice to hear the AD is holding well in its price range

Hmm... I've heard the W1000x, but not long enough for a impression.

post #60 of 614

i had no success with w1000x...made no sense with the soundstage..as if I am inside the orchestra...sold it v shortly,

a lot of people do like it..so its kinda personal.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH1540 Review