Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread - Page 5

post #61 of 799

I would love to try these out someday. I hear there good ,but the company is more known for something else which I forgot what it was for. I hope to get a pair.

post #62 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

Yeah...the m100s fit a little better than the Pros. I'm noticing quite a bit of distortion when running these things through my c5d amp...the bass just sounds bloated and inaccurate and distorts at moderate volumes. Not to mention the speckled paint job is fairly gaudy. Definitely prefer the classic from a looks standpoint. I guess I'm just overall disappointed in these. They sound quite a bit like the new AKG 545 at lower volumes which is just awesome. It's quite unfortunate as I love the signature.

fwiw bro i dont know if you are into aesthetics a lot but the yamaha hph would fit you fine as far as a fit/seal opening goes. After burn in it whoops the k545 in just about every area I can think of except for treble quantity. The k545 has a one note but tight bass with no texture. I am surprised that you say the bass is inaccurate on the SP.. that is the first I have heard the pro described like that but I am noone to disagree since I have not heard it.

 

At first listen I thought the sony 7520 was distorting and I realized that it was nothing but the most detailed presentation of bass I have heard. I had to do a lot of bass testing on it. I was an inch away from these pros but then I decided since I have the yamaha with good balance its time for some fun. I will end up with the sennheiser hd 8 dj at some point instead but I really want to hear these. 

post #63 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

fwiw bro i dont know if you are into aesthetics a lot but the yamaha hph would fit you fine as far as a fit/seal opening goes. After burn in it whoops the k545 in just about every area I can think of except for treble quantity. The k545 has a one note but tight bass with no texture. I am surprised that you say the bass is inaccurate on the SP.. that is the first I have heard the pro described like that but I am noone to disagree since I have not heard it.

 

At first listen I thought the sony 7520 was distorting and I realized that it was nothing but the most detailed presentation of bass I have heard. I had to do a lot of bass testing on it. I was an inch away from these pros but then I decided since I have the yamaha with good balance its time for some fun. I will end up with the sennheiser hd 8 dj at some point instead but I really want to hear these. 

 

I tried the Yamaha's on at Fry's electronics and they are too big for my head.  First headphone I've ever had that issue with.  On the smallest setting, they were still falling off my head.  LOL...so yeah, those are out.  I've tried and tried to find a headphone with quality bass that can replace or sit side by side with my M100s (as the fun headphone), but I haven't found anything yet.  I'm down to the Sony 7520s and if those don't work...well, I'm done.  I just can't keep buying/returning stuff.  I've done it a few times and I feel horrible doing it.  :)

post #64 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
 

 

I tried the Yamaha's on at Fry's electronics and they are too big for my head.  First headphone I've ever had that issue with.  On the smallest setting, they were still falling off my head.  LOL...so yeah, those are out.  I've tried and tried to find a headphone with quality bass that can replace or sit side by side with my M100s (as the fun headphone), but I haven't found anything yet.  I'm down to the Sony 7520s and if those don't work...well, I'm done.  I just can't keep buying/returning stuff.  I've done it a few times and I feel horrible doing it.  :)

I have a strong feeling that the sony wont have the quantity of the m100.. The yamaha, if you have already heard it, has louder bass than the sony slightly but if you like the yamaha bass the sony is really close in quantity but a bit better in resolution.

 

I have a stronger feeling that the sennheiser hd 8 or 7 dj will whoop the m100 in bass and sq and fit. Sennheiser(excluding the momentum) has the best fits around.

 

 

That is one of my next hp's easily. Most buyers say its bass is more, tighter, and better than the m100. oh and also if treble isn't your main desire the shure 1540 is said to have a lot of good solid bass. 

 

So you have to try all of those before you quit so I can save money and pick the right one.:wink_face: 

 

hey btw which has more bass quantity the pro or k545?


Edited by grizzlybeast - 2/9/14 at 1:13am
post #65 of 799

Is anyone willing to take a picture of the pad openings of these straight on with a quarter placed in the opening?  I need  a good way of comparing the earpad opening of these to the M50.

post #66 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

Is anyone willing to take a picture of the pad openings of these straight on with a quarter placed in the opening?  I need  a good way of comparing the earpad opening of these to the M50.

 

 

 

post #67 of 799

Thank you very much.  After doing some photoshopping and comparing the Spirit Pro pad opening to the M50's, it looks as though these would be too small for my liking.  :(  I was really thinking I'd want to get some too.  The earpads at least do look deeper than the M50's and of better foam too though.


Edited by TMRaven - 2/9/14 at 6:18pm
post #68 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

Thank you very much.  After doing some photoshopping and comparing the Spirit Pro pad opening to the M50's, it looks as though these would be too small for my liking.  frown.gif   I was really thinking I'd want to get some too.  The earpads at least do look deeper than the M50's and of better foam too though.

Yes...smaller but deeper is a perfect comparison.
post #69 of 799
Thread Starter 

It's really sad because the depth is perfect and so is the memory foam. If they only made the opening like 20% bigger... if only right?

post #70 of 799

Innerfidelity Pro and Classic review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/two-strike-zone-focal-spirit-professional-and-spirit-classic

 

In a shocking turn of events I decided to order the Spirit Pro from sweetwater.  If worse comes to worst I'll return them for being uncomfortable.


Edited by TMRaven - 2/10/14 at 6:44pm
post #71 of 799

Interesting...too bad about the small cups though.

post #72 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post
 

Interesting...too bad about the small cups though.

 

I mind the small cups less than the tightness, which actually isn't that bad for headphones that isolate this well. These are way more comfortable than the HD25-1ii/DT1350 kind of phones and isolate way better than the Momentum. But they put an awful lot of pressure on the stems of my glasses, kind of pushing them askew or down onto my nose. That has been the biggest challenge for me regarding comfort so far. 

post #73 of 799

I remember seeing a part in Tyll's review saying that you can bend the headband or it becomes less tight after breakin?

post #74 of 799

So my foray into the W1000X this week didn't go as planned and I ended up sending those back. Then this review pops up to kinda cement what others were saying. Now I was going to look into the Alpha Dogs and D5000 as my closed home solution, but what are people thinking about the Pros and Classics when compared to them?

post #75 of 799
Thread Starter 

Wall of Fame Baby!

 

Haha. The Spirit Pros closely aligning with Dr. Olive's research curve was expected by me, but nice to see it confirmed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread