or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread - Page 32

post #466 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post

why wouldnt you just use a normal one though?
You could. That twin design reduce the cross talk between the channels compared to the normal one. Some people (like me) use totally independent cables for each channel when using custom cables specially in balanced systems. That design (shotgun) eliminates the cross talk.
post #467 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post


You could. That twin design reduce the cross talk between the channels compared to the normal one. Some people (like me) use totally independent cables for each channel when using custom cables specially in balanced systems. That design (shotgun) eliminates the cross talk.


alright, what is cross talk good for?

post #468 of 1755
Cross talk is the interference you could have having to runs of cables carrying signal when they are too close to each other. The cables in the picture or even more the shotgun design separates the right and left channel signal cables reducing that potential interference and in theory (could or could not be audible) providing a better sound.
post #469 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post

Cross talk is the interference you could have having to runs of cables carrying signal when they are too close to each other. The cables in the picture or even more the shotgun design separates the right and left channel signal cables reducing that potential interference and in theory (could or could not be audible) providing a better sound.


alright, i dont think ive ever heard that issue, thanks for the explanation though :)

post #470 of 1755

Has anyone compared FSP to Beyerdynamuc T51? I've seen many rave reviews praising these beyers.

post #471 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilio View Post

Has anyone compared FSP to Beyerdynamuc T51? I've seen many rave reviews praising these beyers.

The T51P is at best a $300 portable on ear headphone. The FSP is a serious challenger to a $1k desktop setup. I had previously returned my T51P. No fight at all.
post #472 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post


The T51P is at best a $300 portable on ear headphone. The FSP is a serious challenger to a $1k desktop setup. I had previously returned my T51P. No fight at all.


Wow, thats quite the statement :D

The hype is real.

post #473 of 1755

Cant get an answer for this on the other forums so i'd thought i'd ask you nice people here,

 

Is this:

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2d-miniature-desktop-headphone-amplifier-with-usb-dac/

 

and this:

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/o2-odac-combo/

 

The same thing?

 

thanks for clarifying :)

post #474 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post
 

Cant get an answer for this on the other forums so i'd thought i'd ask you nice people here,

 

Is this:

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2d-miniature-desktop-headphone-amplifier-with-usb-dac/

 

and this:

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/o2-odac-combo/

 

The same thing?

 

thanks for clarifying :)

Essentially yes. Both are an O2 + ODAC in a single enclosure.

 

Both Epiphany and JDS are great to deal with and I'd have no hesitation in recommending either of them. 

post #475 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellofund View Post
 

Essentially yes. Both are an O2 + ODAC in a single enclosure.

 

Both Epiphany and JDS are great to deal with and I'd have no hesitation in recommending either of them. 


alright, is there any difference in them or just different companies? cuz the epiphany calls it an EDAC instead of ODAC bit confusing..

 

 

Thanks by the way, the epiphany is 200 euros which sounds like a great deal

post #476 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post
 


alright, is there any difference in them or just different companies? cuz the epiphany calls it an EDAC instead of ODAC bit confusing..

 

 

Thanks by the way, the epiphany is 200 euros which sounds like a great deal

Really just different companies working to the same spec. EDAC is just Epiphany's name for the ODAC but it's the exact same DAC.

 

I have the standalone Epiphany O2 & ODAC (EDAC) and it really is a nice combo. I use mine with the Focal Spirit Classics rather than Pros though I've found that it pairs well with almost every headphone I've tried.

post #477 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellofund View Post
 

Really just different companies working to the same spec. EDAC is just Epiphany's name for the ODAC but it's the exact same DAC.

 

I have the standalone Epiphany O2 & ODAC (EDAC) and it really is a nice combo. I use mine with the Focal Spirit Classics rather than Pros though I've found that it pairs well with almost every headphone I've tried.


allright awesome, what do you use for the pros?

post #478 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post
 


allright awesome, what do you use for the pros?

Sorry if I wasn't too clear in my last post. I own the Classics but not the Pros but I'm sure if I did I'd use them with the O2/EDAC too.

 

I just like stopping by here for the impressions and the Pros are now firmly at the top of my wishlist :D 

post #479 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellofund View Post
 

Sorry if I wasn't too clear in my last post. I own the Classics but not the Pros but I'm sure if I did I'd use them with the O2/EDAC too.

 

I just like stopping by here for the impressions and the Pros are now firmly at the top of my wishlist :D 


Oh I see :D Thanks for telling me about the edac.

You shouldnt be here its bad for your wallet :evil:

post #480 of 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerathion View Post

 

You shouldnt be here its bad for your wallet :evil:

 

Tell me about it! :eek: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread