I think they're a little warm with a bright spot. They could use a little more 2khz to balance them out and make them less warm sounding, and then a little more lower treble in the 6khz area and a little less upper treble in the 10khz area.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheaper headphones that do what high-end headphones don't Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 - Finding A Better Amp? Last post on 5/3/14 at 12:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 owner looking to buy some orthos Last post on 3/24/14 at 9:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #392 of 17514/10/14 at 4:12pmThread Starter
Yeah I hyped them up because I thought they were deserving. Pretty awesome sound IMHO, I have no regrets and can't think of anything else I would recommend under $500 other than the HD600, and that's open and harder to drive and not even necessarily better than the FSP.
Chameleon like / neutral is still how I perceive them subjectively.
They do get better with about a 100 hours of burn-in, well at least it did for me. They might sound "veiled" at some point but you just have to push through that as they're very clear/transparent sounding once you hit a certain number of hours. This subjective opinion was confirmed when I had two FSP at my home because my friend brought over his brand new pair. He was concerned because we both felt like his was a little veiled with about 10 hours on it. But I told him to just burn them past 100 and he did like 200. ROFL. He brought over again and this time they were pretty much identical sounding, although I still thought mine sounded a tad better. That might just be ownership bias though.
Edited by M-13 - 4/10/14 at 4:14pmpost #393 of 17514/11/14 at 4:07am
I don't perceive them as veiled at all. Though I don't think the HD600's are either. Ordered these but there is a shop next to where I work that carries the Classics. Will go and do a comparison out of curiosity.
Even though neutrality's the word of the hour, the main focus I feel is on the exploding attack and detail. Effortlessly surgical. Being neutral of course helps, but the HD600 doesn't really exhibit detail like this.
Edited by electropop - 4/11/14 at 4:24ampost #394 of 17514/11/14 at 4:18amThread Starter
That's good then. I don't really perceive the FSP or the HD600 as veiled. What I heard was sort of a temporary thing that went away. This of course is 100% subjective. They're both quite neutral and resolving.post #395 of 17514/11/14 at 5:57ampost #396 of 17514/11/14 at 6:36am
I was listening to the FSP last night via the Lyr, and I came close to thinking they were perfect......it was like I could not think of anything I'd want to change or improve.post #397 of 17514/11/14 at 6:38amThread StarterQuote:
Yup, that's how they are. Perfect. I really can't think of anything I would want to change about them either.
I know this word gets tossed around a lot on Head-Fi, but the FSP is truely "reference".
Edited by M-13 - 4/11/14 at 6:41ampost #398 of 17514/11/14 at 6:41amThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, that word isn't really right. I'm sorry about that. I guess it's hard to describe what I'm trying to say, but anyway, it sounds "not burned in" if that makes any kind of sense. the diaphram feels a little stiff the first few hours when it's brand new. After about a 100 hours it sounds more effortless, amenable. Of course this is very subtle and nothing fundamental about them changes. The sonic fundamentals are just freaking amazing and continues to impress.
Edited by M-13 - 4/11/14 at 6:42ampost #399 of 17514/11/14 at 6:41ampost #400 of 17514/11/14 at 6:45amThread Starter
Yeah the value factor is just off the charts. I think something like X5 + FSP = portable endgame or just endgame.post #401 of 17514/11/14 at 9:03amAnyone had the chance to compare fsp with the kef m500? I have the kefs and find them absolutely extraordinary. I notice that Tylls measurements for the two cans look very close except for some serious channel imbalance for the kefs. Build and comfort are great with the kefs. Might by a good alternative to the fsp for those who like their sound sig but not the build or comfort.post #402 of 17514/11/14 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by pfloyd
Anyone had the chance to compare fsp with the kef m500? I have the kefs and find them absolutely extraordinary. I notice that Tylls measurements for the two cans look very close except for some serious channel imbalance for the kefs. Build and comfort are great with the kefs. Might by a good alternative to the fsp for those who like their sound sig but not the build or comfort.
If the FSP is a business class (in terms of sound), then the m500 is like the economy class. The FSP just blows the m500 out of the water. The FSP is just a few leagues above.post #403 of 17514/11/14 at 2:03pm
I don't think these headphone are neutral when looking at the measurements as it seems similar to the Shure SE846 which is a very balanced (but not neutral) sounding earphone. The mids are also far from flat.
How do they sound in comparison to the AKG K812 since all the positive reviews have caught my interest in these headphones? I haven't seen them in any stores yet. Hopefully I don't have comfort issues.
Edited by ubs28 - 4/11/14 at 2:05pmpost #404 of 17514/11/14 at 2:15pmQuote:
Have you listened to them?
- Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 9 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › New Pioneer XDP-300R - 2xES9018K2M, Balanced, Android 5.1. 2x... 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP60 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Asus zenbook UX305CA not silent 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear