I think they're a little warm with a bright spot. They could use a little more 2khz to balance them out and make them less warm sounding, and then a little more lower treble in the 6khz area and a little less upper treble in the 10khz area.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheaper headphones that do what high-end headphones don't Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 - Finding A Better Amp? Last post on 5/3/14 at 12:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 owner looking to buy some orthos Last post on 3/24/14 at 9:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah I hyped them up because I thought they were deserving. Pretty awesome sound IMHO, I have no regrets and can't think of anything else I would recommend under $500 other than the HD600, and that's open and harder to drive and not even necessarily better than the FSP.
Chameleon like / neutral is still how I perceive them subjectively.
They do get better with about a 100 hours of burn-in, well at least it did for me. They might sound "veiled" at some point but you just have to push through that as they're very clear/transparent sounding once you hit a certain number of hours. This subjective opinion was confirmed when I had two FSP at my home because my friend brought over his brand new pair. He was concerned because we both felt like his was a little veiled with about 10 hours on it. But I told him to just burn them past 100 and he did like 200. ROFL. He brought over again and this time they were pretty much identical sounding, although I still thought mine sounded a tad better. That might just be ownership bias though.
Edited by M-13 - 4/10/14 at 4:14pm
I don't perceive them as veiled at all. Though I don't think the HD600's are either. Ordered these but there is a shop next to where I work that carries the Classics. Will go and do a comparison out of curiosity.
Even though neutrality's the word of the hour, the main focus I feel is on the exploding attack and detail. Effortlessly surgical. Being neutral of course helps, but the HD600 doesn't really exhibit detail like this.
Edited by electropop - 4/11/14 at 4:24am
That's good then. I don't really perceive the FSP or the HD600 as veiled. What I heard was sort of a temporary thing that went away. This of course is 100% subjective. They're both quite neutral and resolving.
I was listening to the FSP last night via the Lyr, and I came close to thinking they were perfect......it was like I could not think of anything I'd want to change or improve.
Yup, that's how they are. Perfect. I really can't think of anything I would want to change about them either.
I know this word gets tossed around a lot on Head-Fi, but the FSP is truely "reference".
Edited by M-13 - 4/11/14 at 6:41am
Yeah, that word isn't really right. I'm sorry about that. I guess it's hard to describe what I'm trying to say, but anyway, it sounds "not burned in" if that makes any kind of sense. the diaphram feels a little stiff the first few hours when it's brand new. After about a 100 hours it sounds more effortless, amenable. Of course this is very subtle and nothing fundamental about them changes. The sonic fundamentals are just freaking amazing and continues to impress.
Edited by M-13 - 4/11/14 at 6:42am
Yeah the value factor is just off the charts. I think something like X5 + FSP = portable endgame or just endgame.
Anyone had the chance to compare fsp with the kef m500? I have the kefs and find them absolutely extraordinary. I notice that Tylls measurements for the two cans look very close except for some serious channel imbalance for the kefs. Build and comfort are great with the kefs. Might by a good alternative to the fsp for those who like their sound sig but not the build or comfort.
If the FSP is a business class (in terms of sound), then the m500 is like the economy class. The FSP just blows the m500 out of the water. The FSP is just a few leagues above.
I don't think these headphone are neutral when looking at the measurements as it seems similar to the Shure SE846 which is a very balanced (but not neutral) sounding earphone. The mids are also far from flat.
How do they sound in comparison to the AKG K812 since all the positive reviews have caught my interest in these headphones? I haven't seen them in any stores yet. Hopefully I don't have comfort issues.
Edited by ubs28 - 4/11/14 at 2:05pm
Have you listened to them?
- Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 11 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 11 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 16 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 17 minutes ago
- › Mixing on headphones Myth 17 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 18 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 22 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3