I think they're a little warm with a bright spot. They could use a little more 2khz to balance them out and make them less warm sounding, and then a little more lower treble in the 6khz area and a little less upper treble in the 10khz area.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- sound similar to he500 and a sennheiser HD6xx/hd580 question Last post on 12/5/14 at 10:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheaper headphones that do what high-end headphones don't Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 - Finding A Better Amp? Last post on 5/3/14 at 12:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 owner looking to buy some orthos Last post on 3/24/14 at 9:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour .Thank you for the opportunity Micah and the RHA Team. Selflessly our Tour Organiser , @glassmonkey gave me the chance to unwrap this...
Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #392 of 17514/10/14 at 4:12pmThread Starter
Yeah I hyped them up because I thought they were deserving. Pretty awesome sound IMHO, I have no regrets and can't think of anything else I would recommend under $500 other than the HD600, and that's open and harder to drive and not even necessarily better than the FSP.
Chameleon like / neutral is still how I perceive them subjectively.
They do get better with about a 100 hours of burn-in, well at least it did for me. They might sound "veiled" at some point but you just have to push through that as they're very clear/transparent sounding once you hit a certain number of hours. This subjective opinion was confirmed when I had two FSP at my home because my friend brought over his brand new pair. He was concerned because we both felt like his was a little veiled with about 10 hours on it. But I told him to just burn them past 100 and he did like 200. ROFL. He brought over again and this time they were pretty much identical sounding, although I still thought mine sounded a tad better. That might just be ownership bias though.
Edited by M-13 - 4/10/14 at 4:14pmpost #393 of 17514/11/14 at 4:07am
I don't perceive them as veiled at all. Though I don't think the HD600's are either. Ordered these but there is a shop next to where I work that carries the Classics. Will go and do a comparison out of curiosity.
Even though neutrality's the word of the hour, the main focus I feel is on the exploding attack and detail. Effortlessly surgical. Being neutral of course helps, but the HD600 doesn't really exhibit detail like this.
Edited by electropop - 4/11/14 at 4:24ampost #394 of 17514/11/14 at 4:18amThread Starter
That's good then. I don't really perceive the FSP or the HD600 as veiled. What I heard was sort of a temporary thing that went away. This of course is 100% subjective. They're both quite neutral and resolving.post #395 of 17514/11/14 at 5:57ampost #396 of 17514/11/14 at 6:36am
I was listening to the FSP last night via the Lyr, and I came close to thinking they were perfect......it was like I could not think of anything I'd want to change or improve.post #397 of 17514/11/14 at 6:38amThread StarterQuote:
Yup, that's how they are. Perfect. I really can't think of anything I would want to change about them either.
I know this word gets tossed around a lot on Head-Fi, but the FSP is truely "reference".
Edited by M-13 - 4/11/14 at 6:41ampost #398 of 17514/11/14 at 6:41amThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, that word isn't really right. I'm sorry about that. I guess it's hard to describe what I'm trying to say, but anyway, it sounds "not burned in" if that makes any kind of sense. the diaphram feels a little stiff the first few hours when it's brand new. After about a 100 hours it sounds more effortless, amenable. Of course this is very subtle and nothing fundamental about them changes. The sonic fundamentals are just freaking amazing and continues to impress.
Edited by M-13 - 4/11/14 at 6:42ampost #399 of 17514/11/14 at 6:41ampost #400 of 17514/11/14 at 6:45amThread Starter
Yeah the value factor is just off the charts. I think something like X5 + FSP = portable endgame or just endgame.post #401 of 17514/11/14 at 9:03amAnyone had the chance to compare fsp with the kef m500? I have the kefs and find them absolutely extraordinary. I notice that Tylls measurements for the two cans look very close except for some serious channel imbalance for the kefs. Build and comfort are great with the kefs. Might by a good alternative to the fsp for those who like their sound sig but not the build or comfort.post #402 of 17514/11/14 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by pfloyd
Anyone had the chance to compare fsp with the kef m500? I have the kefs and find them absolutely extraordinary. I notice that Tylls measurements for the two cans look very close except for some serious channel imbalance for the kefs. Build and comfort are great with the kefs. Might by a good alternative to the fsp for those who like their sound sig but not the build or comfort.
If the FSP is a business class (in terms of sound), then the m500 is like the economy class. The FSP just blows the m500 out of the water. The FSP is just a few leagues above.post #403 of 17514/11/14 at 2:03pm
I don't think these headphone are neutral when looking at the measurements as it seems similar to the Shure SE846 which is a very balanced (but not neutral) sounding earphone. The mids are also far from flat.
How do they sound in comparison to the AKG K812 since all the positive reviews have caught my interest in these headphones? I haven't seen them in any stores yet. Hopefully I don't have comfort issues.
Edited by ubs28 - 4/11/14 at 2:05pmpost #404 of 17514/11/14 at 2:15pmQuote:
Have you listened to them?
- Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 2 minutes ago
- › STUPID QUESTION BUT What does a DAC do??? 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour – Applications Open! 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: STAX SRS-3170 SYSTEM MINT LIKE NEW 11 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear