Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread - Page 22

post #316 of 743
I expect that too

Fidelio dissapointed me on the whole line
No.idea who.calls.it audiophile
Or who can.hear details.in fidelio...
post #317 of 743

i am testing it right now...

 

...woow

 

it sounds just brilliant 

 

right base...gorgeous

right mids...beautiful

right highs...just amazing

 

its wonderfull

 

everythings AAA+++

 

earpads are too small :( maybe i can ignore that

 

what a soundstage for closed cans...omg


Edited by utmelidze - 3/22/14 at 8:20am
post #318 of 743

Has anyone directly compared the FSP to the Shure 1540? If so, which did you prefer and why?

post #319 of 743

I have never ever experienced such vibrant , airy and crispy sound

 

fidelio x1 and FSC are in the same price level but difference is just huge

post #320 of 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmelidze View Post
 

i am testing it right now...

 

...woow

 

it sounds just brilliant 

 

right base...gorgeous

right mids...beautiful

right highs...just amazing

 

its wonderfull

 

everythings AAA+++

 

earpads are too small :( maybe i can ignore that

 

what a soundstage for closed cans...omg

I agree the soundstage is amazing for a close headphone.

post #321 of 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmelidze View Post

I have never ever experienced such vibrant , airy and crispy sound

fidelio x1 and FSC are in the same price level but difference is just huge
fsc or fsp?
post #322 of 743

Yep they are pretty good.

post #323 of 743

FSC
Just Amazing!
I am pretty sure, FSP sounds not more or less amazing
Edited by utmelidze - 3/24/14 at 3:46pm
post #324 of 743
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmelidze View Post


FSC
Just Amazing!
I am pretty sure, FSP sounds not more or less amazing


Nice pic man!

 

Yeah the FSP great. the FSC is the next headphone purchase for me. I just can't get enough of the Focal goodness and want another one. :biggrin:

post #325 of 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 


Nice pic man!

 

Yeah the FSP great. the FSC is the next headphone purchase for me. I just can't get enough of the Focal goodness and want another one. :biggrin:

 

I have been trying to find a headband cushion for the FSP. Once I find one I will get the FSP. Without which it is too uncomfortable for me.

post #326 of 743
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post
 

 

I have been trying to find a headband cushion for the FSP. Once I find one I will get the FSP. Without which it is too uncomfortable for me.


That might be just the ticket. Good thinking uelover. Seriously, if the comfort can be somehow worked out, the sound, OH THE SOUND!

post #327 of 743
I measured cables of FSC

Small one has: 0.88 Ohm@Ground to Ground , 0.65 Ohm on Channels each
The Long Cable is pretty the same...its thicker and has the nearly same resistance

I think, they did good job with cables too
post #328 of 743
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmelidze View Post

I measured cables of FSC

Small one has: 0.88 Ohm@Ground to Ground , 0.65 Ohm on Channels each
The Long Cable is pretty the same...its thicker and has the nearly same resistance

I think, they did good job with cables too


Indeed they're pretty good. But I ended up using the V-moda audio cable which is 0.5 ohms. No wonder I had a hard time trying to decide which cable I preferred. I ultimately chose the V-moda because I thought it was slightly better, ergonomically too. But the difference was very small.

post #329 of 743
I have good output actually and dont care loosing voltage
But i dont like having too high vdrop on the line...it could produce interferences on connector
0.8+0.65=1.35 ohm each channel and when impedance hits 40 ohms
You get 1/41 of output voltage vdrop
If output=5 volts==>vdrop=123mV from 5000mV==>2.46%
Its ok imho
post #330 of 743
Eventhough this is titled as FSP -thread, I will put down my impressions about FSC's here since alot of people still discuss about them in this topic.

Firstly the comfort... These feel like some sort of torture machine for ears, as the ears does not fit inside the cups and the pressure is also somewhat huge against the ears. Well, I was kind of aware about this might happen after reading some reviews.
After some hours of use (not even continous) the headpand also starts to feel how the aluminum(?) part inside of it starts press the top of the head. Seems there is not any padding between it and the leather surface.

The sound.
Compared to Sennheiser HD 598's the bass reaches lower, but the bass sounds as if there is just too much of it. The hum almost makes the ears hurt if you listen for too long. Also sounds like the mid/upper bass is not as accurate/definited as in 598's and it almost kind of sounds "muddy" compared to them.
Something is missing in the mids, especially when compared to 598's. Well yes, these are closed cans, but the definition on mids is not really that good, sounds like the instruments and vocals all just mix with eachother. But I do like the "snare"-area more on these FSC's and upper mids. The mids are not also that "harsh" as in 598's which is good thing, but they sound more warm and even colored/saturated.
The treble is the part where these cans shine instead. The treble is very accurate, but still wished the amount of it would be a little bit more.

Afterwards I think I might have liked the sound of Professionals more, but I decided to get the Classics due to all reviews seeming to lean more towards them.
I might even get the Pros if these werent so uncomfortable.


Due to uncomfortableness I can't recommend these headphones to people with about average size ears.
But it might be, that the pressure still loosens a bit after some use though.



Putting Sennheiser's back on feels like heaven after using these. (Comfortable & sound)
Edited by P701 - 3/26/14 at 3:16am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread