- 30 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Location: Malayisa
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ray Samuels Dark Star vs Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 8/17/16 at 11:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 11/3/13 at 3:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- What should I buy next? SR-009? Last post on 12/28/13 at 10:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparison HD800 / SR-009 Last post on 2/12/13 at 11:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV - Page 7post #91 of 1023/30/14 at 6:35amThe Liquid Gold is sold out. Any idea when a next production run will take place ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1023/30/14 at 11:36am
There should be one or two units that we can make after assess how many assemblies are left over from this run. After that, they will be available again in the Fall.post #93 of 1023/30/14 at 4:06pmpost #94 of 1024/13/14 at 6:01pmI'm usually a huge fan of Head Fi TV, but the first half of this just felt like a commercial.
Opinions of it aside, what's the actual rough headcount of people on here who have the Abyss headset? I've seen maybe 5?post #95 of 1024/14/14 at 7:14ampost #96 of 1026/8/14 at 7:43ampost #97 of 1026/8/14 at 8:12ampost #98 of 1026/8/14 at 10:35am
Say gents, while I'm here...
I was in downtown Austin the other day, near the Capitol. This part of Austin is mixed residential and small office. Most of the offices are homes converted into small offices. Parking is in the old driveways or cleared off lots. Spaces are almost always assigned so that everyone has a guaranteed spot. Parking stops are painted with names. Places like this are all over the country.
As I walked through one of these little lots, one that I've been through many times, there was a new tenant. And here's what was on the concrete parking barrier:
Honest......post #99 of 1026/8/14 at 8:08pmpost #100 of 1022/18/15 at 2:37pmpost #101 of 1022/18/15 at 3:21pm
Yes. The reflection seems to be that dealerships that were primarily for two channel and HT customers are do a very poor job of selling high end headphone gear and a product in the headphone sphere would do just fine not having to mark itself up to account for the crazy dealer markup.
They also just sold out their fourth run so it seems customers like them, although I'm sure those who bought at $6500 were not happy when their amps devalued.post #102 of 1022/18/15 at 4:23pm
As Radio_head noted and Alex posted previously in the LAu thread , the cost came down but the quality has stayed the same or even improved due to improved manufacture process..dBQuote:Originally Posted by runeight
Hello folks. We have sold out of our fourth run of Liquid Gold amps. Thanks to everyone who decided to buy one.
The next run will open soon for deposits. First delivery is tentatively scheduled for August. This is a little longer than our normal cycle because we are currently producing the Liquid Crimson and Liquid Lightning amps. AND, we've got some cool stuff in the works to be shown at CanJam LA. I am pretty stoked about these new projects.
Also, occasionally we get a question about the price drop last year, asking if the components or build were reduced in quality to achieve this. The answer is no. We simply changed our business model so that we no longer sell through dealers except in very special and rare circumstances.
Cavalli Amps do not use boutique components to achieve their sound signature. Thus, it is not necessary to buy really expensive components and it isn't necessary to skimp and buy cheap ones. We use commonly available, good quality components such as Vishay resistors, Panasonic and Nichicon electrolytics, Wima film capacitors, Cardas Jacks, Neutrik jacks, TKD volume pots, Fairchild/OnSemi/IRF semiconductors, etc.
The components in the audio sections of the last LAu that was sold are identical to the first LAu made. The only real differences in the amps are small tweaks in the mechanical design and other board changes for better quality manufacturing.
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Something new from Earsonics is comming....september 27th... 43 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 44 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD-Bluetooth TESLA Headphones from AK-Beyerdynamic (24-bit aptX-HD)... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...