- 30 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Location: Malayisa
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 11/3/13 at 3:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- What should I buy next? SR-009? Last post on 12/28/13 at 10:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Comparison HD800 / SR-009 Last post on 2/12/13 at 11:17am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009: suggestions to tone down the brightness? Last post on 8/9/13 at 2:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV - Page 7post #91 of 1023/30/14 at 6:35amThe Liquid Gold is sold out. Any idea when a next production run will take place ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1023/30/14 at 11:36am
There should be one or two units that we can make after assess how many assemblies are left over from this run. After that, they will be available again in the Fall.post #93 of 1023/30/14 at 4:06pmpost #94 of 1024/13/14 at 6:01pmI'm usually a huge fan of Head Fi TV, but the first half of this just felt like a commercial.
Opinions of it aside, what's the actual rough headcount of people on here who have the Abyss headset? I've seen maybe 5?post #95 of 1024/14/14 at 7:14ampost #96 of 1026/8/14 at 7:43ampost #97 of 1026/8/14 at 8:12ampost #98 of 1026/8/14 at 10:35am
Say gents, while I'm here...
I was in downtown Austin the other day, near the Capitol. This part of Austin is mixed residential and small office. Most of the offices are homes converted into small offices. Parking is in the old driveways or cleared off lots. Spaces are almost always assigned so that everyone has a guaranteed spot. Parking stops are painted with names. Places like this are all over the country.
As I walked through one of these little lots, one that I've been through many times, there was a new tenant. And here's what was on the concrete parking barrier:
Honest......post #99 of 1026/8/14 at 8:08pmpost #100 of 1022/18/15 at 2:37pmpost #101 of 1022/18/15 at 3:21pm
Yes. The reflection seems to be that dealerships that were primarily for two channel and HT customers are do a very poor job of selling high end headphone gear and a product in the headphone sphere would do just fine not having to mark itself up to account for the crazy dealer markup.
They also just sold out their fourth run so it seems customers like them, although I'm sure those who bought at $6500 were not happy when their amps devalued.post #102 of 1022/18/15 at 4:23pm
As Radio_head noted and Alex posted previously in the LAu thread , the cost came down but the quality has stayed the same or even improved due to improved manufacture process..dBQuote:Originally Posted by runeight
Hello folks. We have sold out of our fourth run of Liquid Gold amps. Thanks to everyone who decided to buy one.
The next run will open soon for deposits. First delivery is tentatively scheduled for August. This is a little longer than our normal cycle because we are currently producing the Liquid Crimson and Liquid Lightning amps. AND, we've got some cool stuff in the works to be shown at CanJam LA. I am pretty stoked about these new projects.
Also, occasionally we get a question about the price drop last year, asking if the components or build were reduced in quality to achieve this. The answer is no. We simply changed our business model so that we no longer sell through dealers except in very special and rare circumstances.
Cavalli Amps do not use boutique components to achieve their sound signature. Thus, it is not necessary to buy really expensive components and it isn't necessary to skimp and buy cheap ones. We use commonly available, good quality components such as Vishay resistors, Panasonic and Nichicon electrolytics, Wima film capacitors, Cardas Jacks, Neutrik jacks, TKD volume pots, Fairchild/OnSemi/IRF semiconductors, etc.
The components in the audio sections of the last LAu that was sold are identical to the first LAu made. The only real differences in the amps are small tweaks in the mechanical design and other board changes for better quality manufacturing.
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › budget headphone/headset/IEM/anything recommendations under country... 51 seconds ago
- › Bassiest portable amp, amplifier??? 52 seconds ago
- › Recommend speakers based on my earphone preference! 1 minute ago
- › AMP or AMP + DAC to get more stage for my beyers DT 880 250 ohms? 1 minute ago
- › Anyother Caribbean members out there? 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Should I repair my Beyedynamic DT 770 Pro 80? 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2