Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Jason Stoddard › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up - Page 55

post #811 of 3478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante020 View Post

While I wasn't around for the Asgard incident, it sounds like it was blown out of proportion. Nonetheless, good job handling everything Jason! I have a Bifrost and have no complaints whatsoever, but I'm confident in Schiit customer service should anything ever come up.
Neither was I, but welcome to the internet! biggrin.gif
post #812 of 3478

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason
 
Shike, it's very clear (from conversations all around the web) that nothing we will ever do will truly satisfy you, despite your apparent contentment in the original Asgard Incident thread. From Shike, post #74, a few posts after I said we'd warn people about DC, investigate adding a relay, and refund anyone who'd ever bought an Asgard:

 

Being happy with a resolution != being happy with the situation.

 

If you want to have this discussion we can, but it has to be PM because I'm not getting blamed for thread trashing.  There is a way to satisfy me, and it costs $0 - just some time chatting where I can air my grievances and vice versa.  Anywhere else I've really tried to chat with you has been suppressed in some way with other people getting involved including threats to me.

 

If you're the type that really means it when you say you'll let bygones be bygones it can only be beneficial.

 

Quote:
 With respect to anyone who's had headphones damaged by our equipment, we've always made it good, as any responsible manufacturer would.

 

I remember there was discussions with users having to use their headphone warranty and claims that it wasn't the Lyr's fault pre-mute, but I'm glad for those effected that you've handled it.

post #813 of 3478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shike View Post
 

Quote:

 

Being happy with a resolution != being happy with the situation.

 

If you want to have this discussion we can, but it has to be PM because I'm not getting blamed for thread trashing.  There is a way to satisfy me, and it costs $0 - just some time chatting where I can air my grievances and vice versa.  Anywhere else I've really tried to chat with you has been suppressed in some way with other people getting involved including threats to me.

 

If you're the type that really means it when you say you'll let bygones be bygones it can only be beneficial.

 

 

I remember there was discussions with users having to use their headphone warranty and claims that it wasn't the Lyr's fault pre-mute, but I'm glad for those effected that you've handled it.

 

I'm sorry--I thought you said, "Jason, we are good" on another forum that shall not be named, after I cleared up some things about how we handled the Asgard Incident, apologized for it, etc.

 

Bottom line: I have no grievances with you, and I bear no ill-will to you, so there is no "bygones being bygones" on my side. 

 

I have no problem discussing it right here, in this forum, since it is not a thread derail at all--it directly addresses the chapter posted. I think nobody else will have a problem with that, either--and if they do, they can chime in and we can take it to email (jason@schiit.com), as long as I have your consent to post the entire, unedited email string, including both your and my responses, when we're done.

post #814 of 3478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

 

I'm sorry--I thought you said, "Jason, we are good" on another forum that shall not be named, after I cleared up some things about how we handled the Asgard Incident, apologized for it, etc.

 

He actually said (on 2/11/13):

 

"@ Jason

 

We're cool now."

 

Clearly he did not say you were "good."  Being "cool" can have numerous connotations, not all of them synonymous with good.  Being cool !=­ being good.  Your lack of precision with word meanings mirrors the incomplete haphazard nature of the data you keep.

post #815 of 3478

If this is going to turn into another argument over the past, I need to unsubscribe to this thread.  AVS is full of that sort of junk.  I'm tired of it.

post #816 of 3478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ableza View Post
 

If this is going to turn into another argument over the past, I need to unsubscribe to this thread.  AVS is full of that sort of junk.  I'm tired of it.

+100.

Please take the healing/final feelings/clarifications to PM.  

post #817 of 3478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ableza View Post
 

If this is going to turn into another argument over the past, I need to unsubscribe to this thread.  AVS is full of that sort of junk.  I'm tired of it.

 

Sounds like one (er, now two) votes to take it to email.

 

No worries. Shike, the offer stands: jason@schiit.com. Full unedited transcript will be posted. One post.

 

(Though I am puzzled why you didn't email me before, since you should have had the email from our conversation in July 2011. I'm always available to clear things up.)

 

But, actually, if we did it in this thread, I don't think it would be that bad. All I need to know is:

 

1. What is the "situation?"

2. What does Shike want us to do to resolve it?

 

Then all I need to say is, "yes, we can do that," or "no, we won't do that, and here's why." 

 

Sorry, I'm kind of a simple/binary person.

post #818 of 3478

I find the sense of entitlement some people have here... disturbing

post #819 of 3478

Get him Shike!

post #820 of 3478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_head View Post
 

 

He actually said (on 2/11/13):

 

"@ Jason

 

We're cool now."

 

Clearly he did not say you were "good."  Being "cool" can have numerous connotations, not all of them synonymous with good.  Being cool !=­ being good.  Your lack of precision with word meanings mirrors the incomplete haphazard nature of the data you keep.

 

It was mostly sarcastic as the member posting after figured out.  I will take it to email though as bouncing back and forth with a peanut gallery is annoying.

post #821 of 3478

I definitely remember that whole thread a few years ago... I didn't know who Schiit really was at the time but I remember seeing the video and thinking: "Ok... this is not good... Should I be disconnecting my headphones every time on every amp I have just in case?!?!". I definitely applaud Jason and co. for stepping up, accepting they indeed made a mistake in their measurements and providing the opportunity for people to send in their amps for further modification!

 

I think you needed something like this to happen to "grow" into what Schiit is today!

 

Regarding Shike's comments, I actually think it would be cool to read his thoughts now that we just read this specific chapter and then never hear of it again! LOL ;-)

Luckily for us, I think both are reasonable people and will provide a civilized discussion that not only might shed more *missing* info but arrive at a decent conclusion.

 

 

Thanks!

post #822 of 3478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shike View Post
 

 

It was mostly sarcastic as the member posting after figured out.  I will take it to email though as bouncing back and forth with a peanut gallery is annoying.

 

Sarcastic or not "We're cool now" is exactly what you said over a year ago. Are you cool now?

 

I'm not sure what you want to take to private email. Do you currently own Schitt products? Any further issues/concerns with such products that you haven't already discussed in public forums and youtube, and left unresolved?

 

 

post #823 of 3478

I just read some of the old "What causes this" topic that Jason linked above and was struck by the fact that the guy who was correct is now banned and the guy who was super obnoxious in defending Schiit is an admin. I'll take others word for it that newavguy deserved to be banned, but it does seem strange looking back on it. Either way, I'm really enjoying Jason's writing.

post #824 of 3478
Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyMan View Post
 

I just read some of the old "What causes this" topic that Jason linked above and was struck by the fact that the guy who was correct is now banned and the guy who was super obnoxious in defending Schiit is an admin. I'll take others word for it that newavguy deserved to be banned, but it does seem strange looking back on it. Either way, I'm really enjoying Jason's writing.

 

Seems to me NwAvGuy banned himself from his own website.

post #825 of 3478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrabike View Post
 

 

Seems to me NwAvGuy banned himself from his own website.

 

Plus none of us who were not on the inside know what might have happened behind the scenes or in PM.

 

But again, to me this is ancient history and if people are still butt-hurt over it then perhaps they need to talk amongst themselves if they can't leave it in the past.  Me, I'm much more interested in the history of Schiit and in what comes next.  The issue, if there was one, has been addressed.

 

-David

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Jason Stoddard
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Jason Stoddard › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up