or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Jason Stoddard › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up - Page 25

post #361 of 14692
Jason, dude, brother! Great story, you had me going "that happened to him too?" so many times it started to make me chuckle.

I think your best nugget so far is "great marketing polarizes". Which is why I challenge you to a mud wrestling match. Tag team. Streamed live from a Head-Fi meet. Our team mates will be hot naked chicks. Naked except for headphones of course. It will be glorious, Schiitheads and Bottleheads will be tagging hotel doors, throwing chairs and knifing each other in the parking lot.

Wait a minute, you would kick my fat old ass.

I challenge Mike instead.
post #362 of 14692

^Now, this would be EPIC!

post #363 of 14692
I like the way Doc thinks...
post #364 of 14692

Equipment from the respectable companies must be used as weapons.

post #365 of 14692
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc B. View Post

Jason, dude, brother! Great story, you had me going "that happened to him too?" so many times it started to make me chuckle.

I think your best nugget so far is "great marketing polarizes". Which is why I challenge you to a mud wrestling match. Tag team. Streamed live from a Head-Fi meet. Our team mates will be hot naked chicks. Naked except for headphones of course. It will be glorious, Schiitheads and Bottleheads will be tagging hotel doors, throwing chairs and knifing each other in the parking lot.

Wait a minute, you would kick my fat old ass.

I challenge Mike instead.

 

Ah man, don't tempt me! 

 

(I would like to do toilet paper advertising at the next RMAF, though—yes, there are companies that actually do that.)

post #366 of 14692
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post

Classic. Made me spit a little coffee. smile.gif

Personally, I would love to see a balanced Lyr, with 4 tubes, in a larger enclosure like the Mjolnir.

THAT would be the Schiit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post


that would be a schiit BOMB !!

I think that's what the hybrid Ragnorok would be. I believe it's still planned, but correct me if I'm wrong ( I hope I'm not, that thing would be awesome!!)
Edited by mangler - 2/23/14 at 1:31pm
post #367 of 14692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Ah man, don't tempt me! 

(I would like to do toilet paper advertising at the next RMAF, though—yes, there are companies that actually do that.)

Yes!! Schiit wipes! I would buy those, you know.
post #368 of 14692
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post



I think that's what the hybrid Ragnorok would be. I believe it's still planned, but correct me if I'm wrong ( I hope I'm not, that thing would be awesome!!)


Hmmm...I was thinking that I heard the Ragnarok was not going to utilize tubes, but I could certainly be wrong.

 

A balanced Lyr was simply my idle thought, while sitting here on a pile of 6DJ8 variants and lamenting the fact that a Lyr/Gungnir stack is lacking the visual symmetry that my OCD requires. :wink: 


Edited by OldSkool - 2/23/14 at 3:38pm
post #369 of 14692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc B. View Post

Jason, dude, brother! Great story, you had me going "that happened to him too?" so many times it started to make me chuckle.

I think your best nugget so far is "great marketing polarizes". Which is why I challenge you to a mud wrestling match. Tag team. Streamed live from a Head-Fi meet. Our team mates will be hot naked chicks. Naked except for headphones of course. It will be glorious, Schiitheads and Bottleheads will be tagging hotel doors, throwing chairs and knifing each other in the parking lot.

Wait a minute, you would kick my fat old ass.

I challenge Mike instead.

 

And then in a surprise twist, they teamed up (Bottled Schiit? Schiit in a Bottle?) then sat back and let the ladies duke it out. Win-Win!

 

Phase 2 of the master plan is to stream the naked mud wrestling on pay-per-view, thus generating more revenue for R&D...

post #370 of 14692
I hope the mud wouldn't be Schiit.
post #371 of 14692
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderf4i View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

Ah man, don't tempt me! 

(I would like to do toilet paper advertising at the next RMAF, though—yes, there are companies that actually do that.)

Yes!! Schiit wipes! I would buy those, you know.

Hilarious.. 

 

A cool product would be a class A 20 watt, A/B 100 watt speaker amp with headphone output that runs purely class A with gain control for optimal use with speakers and headphones. If it could be made to work with everything from IEMs to orthos to speakers.. That would be so cool.. 

post #372 of 14692
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Hilarious.. 

 

A cool product would be a class A 20 watt, A/B 100 watt speaker amp with headphone output that runs purely class A with gain control for optimal use with speakers and headphones. If it could be made to work with everything from IEMs to orthos to speakers.. That would be so cool.. 

You mean Ragnarok?

post #373 of 14692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Hilarious.. 

 

A cool product would be a class A 20 watt, A/B 100 watt speaker amp with headphone output that runs purely class A with gain control for optimal use with speakers and headphones. If it could be made to work with everything from IEMs to orthos to speakers.. That would be so cool.. 

You mean Ragnarok?

Yeah, pretty much. Not that I know if it will do all listed above? 

post #374 of 14692
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Yeah, pretty much. Not that I know if it will do all listed above? 

 

Quoted from here... http://www.head-fi.org/t/667711/new-schiit-ragnarok-and-yggdrasil

 

RAGNAROK:
 
"Ragnarok is the world’s first universal amplifier, fully capable of powering everything from ultra-sensitive IEMs to loudspeakers. With 100WPC RMS into 4 ohms, 3 selectable gains, a relay-switched stepped attenuator volume control, and Crossfet™ circlotron-style output topology, Ragnarok befits its name—in Norse legend, Ragnarok was the “end of the world.”
 
Power Output: 100W into 4 ohms, 60W into 8 ohms, 15W into 32 ohms, 9.6W into 50 ohms, 1.6W into 300 ohms, 800mW into 600 ohms
Inputs: 2 balanced, 3 single-ended stereo inputs
Outputs: speaker terminals, 4-pin balanced XLR headphone, TRS unbalanced headphone, balanced and unbalanced preamp outs
Gain: selectable gain of 20, 7, or 1
Volume: (64) 1.25dB steps via relay-switched stepped attenuator
Topology: Fully discrete Crossfet™ circlotron-style stage with no caps in the signal path and no DC servos, all solid state
Management: microprocessor control of quiescent current and DC levels, with monitoring of all fault conditions
Power Supply: 400VA transformer with 4 separate circlotron output rails, over 100,000uF filter capacitance total
Size & Weight: 16 x 12 x 3.875”, 30 lbs
Estimated Price & Availability: $1400-1600, late 2013"
post #375 of 14692

Should've done my research.. Will be looking forward to some detailed specifications etc. on that one!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Jason Stoddard
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Head-Fi Bloggers › Jason Stoddard › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up