Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! - Page 618

post #9256 of 9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
 

I really dig that watch. It has the same Seagull movement as the 1963, doesn't it?

 

I don't know what the 1963 is, but here is the movement of the Magrette.

 

 

post #9257 of 9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
 

I really dig that watch. It has the same Seagull movement as the 1963, doesn't it?

 

Impressive!!  Yes, it does!

 

Rick, the watch in question is the The Seagull 1963.  Both it and your watch use a Seagull cal. ST19, a manual wound bi-compax chono movement - and an unbeatable value at a mere <$400.  

 

The Segull 1963:

seagull-1963-air-force-watch-42mm-gold.jpg

 

Pic stolen from the interwebs.

post #9258 of 9266

post #9259 of 9266

 

Loving it so far. Not fan of butterfly clasps but other than that, I'm good with it.! ;)

post #9260 of 9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawg140 View Post

The Polarized Marble G-Shock watch arrived yesterday.  I purchased based on the photos that I have seen online, and did not actually get to try it on at any brick and mortar store in my area because they were not in stock yet.  That said, the watch makes you perform a double-take, as the marble sheen and color changes based on the amount of light that is emitted on a particular area of the watch.  The watch can have a blue, green, lavender or purple sheen to it as a result.

Here's some photos:

Blue to green to lavender to purple sheen (even-spread lighting):



Blue sheen (direct light to area):



Watch light emitted:



On the wrist:




Blue sheen (flash of camera to area):



On the wrist - watch light emitted:



There is definitely no other G-Shock quite like this one, and I am happy to add it to my collection.  Take care, chronographers!  
So dope... have to get me one wink.gif
post #9261 of 9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post


So dope... have to get me one wink.gif

 

Thank you my friend.  A sight to behold in person, for sure.  If you like the marble/different sheen look, here are the other ones in the series:

 

 

 

post #9262 of 9266

Brought this home from the local AD's today:

post #9263 of 9266
@moedawg140.....that is one funky G-Shock ...love the colour

@Szadzik....beautiful Longines ....like the contrast of white face and black
post #9264 of 9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

@moedawg140.....that is one funky G-Shock ...love the colour...

Thanks bud. My gold series G-Shocks have garnered more compliments so far...
Edited by moedawg140 - Yesterday at 5:21 pm
post #9265 of 9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawg140 View Post

Thanks bud. My gold series G-Shocks have garnered more compliments so far...

Me stopped collecting G Shock...reason being whenever me wear them...rashes pop out in in the shape of the plastic resin band which is strange cuz this only started 2 years..fyi have been wearing G Shock since they first came out....the strange thing is no such rashes with Seiko Diver silicone band...😢 sad
post #9266 of 9266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

Me stopped collecting G Shock...reason being whenever me wear them...rashes pop out in in the shape of the plastic resin band which is strange cuz this only started 2 years..fyi have been wearing G Shock since they first came out....the strange thing is no such rashes with Seiko Diver silicone band...😢 sad

Interesting. Maybe you should try the MT-G series as those are stainless steel/resin.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Gear-Fi: Non-Audio Gear and Gadgets › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!